Has anyone been to London?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Just keep the theme going for this week.

I went in 2007. It's weird, like outside London is really laid back and nothing ever happens. But actually near Big Ben, Wembley, etc ..I saw weirdos, protestors, random dudes coming up and putting pins on me. Outside the weirdos, ppl are generally nice...and a little outgoing. Oh and everyone drives like Lexus, BMW, Aston Martin, Ferrari (yeah Ferrari).

I walked all over the city..the Eye, Big Ben, the church where Princess Diana got married, Parliment, the PM's house, Buckingham's Palace, Zoo, Tower Bridge...all that stuff. Fun fact: you can see Wembley and the then-building Olympic stuff from my cousin's house.

So anyone else ever been or planning to go?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I like London, but it's expensive there. I lived there on the outskirts of the city it was a nice area. Downtown you get more weird people of course, similar to most major cities. Going out into the country and into smaller villages it's usually calmer and nicer. Similar to Ireland really, I much rather would go to my farm than spend extended time in Dublin.

had

Rookie
Do you remember that movie, Snatch?

That guy who plays Ray Barboni in Get Shorty is in Snatch.

He has to go to London.

He's in customs, and the customs guy asks him: Do you have anything to declare?

He goes: Yeah, don't go to England.

It was funny in the movie.

And true.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've been 5 times. Last year was the latest. London is a real melting pot. Muslim population is definitely on the rise. The church Diana was married in was St. Paul's Cathedral. Did you climb to the top of the dome? Wow, what a hike and what a view! I'd say my favorite sites in London are the London Tower and Westminster Abbey. The things I regret not doing there was witnessing a session of the House of Parliament and taking in a futbol game. I did ride the Tube up to Arsenal's stadium where the Rams are or will be in a few hours. Pretty nice digs and out of the hustle and bustle of downtown London. Anyone going for the game?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramhusker said:
I've been 5 times. Last year was the latest. London is a real melting pot. Muslim population is definitely on the rise. The church Diana was married in was St. Paul's Cathedral. Did you climb to the top of the dome? Wow, what a hike and what a view! I'd say my favorite sites in London are the London Tower and Westminster Abbey. The things I regret not doing there was witnessing a session of the House of Parliament and taking in a futbol game. I did ride the Tube up to Arsenal's stadium where the Rams are or will be in a few hours. Pretty nice digs and out of the hustle and bustle of downtown London. Anyone going for the game?

No I didn't go all the way up, went to the level right before the highest. Awesome experience.

Wish I was going, got some family up there and are sports fans. They might go.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ramhusker said:

I have family in Ireland who are going to the game just because they know I'm a Rams fan. Their first football game, so they're pretty excited. I wish I was able to go, but I can't take the time off needed.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I've been as part of a two week tour of Britain. My fiance got a Masters degree at the University of Leeds and then lived in London for a year. She has friends all over England, so we really didn't get to stay a long time. I love history and was happy that I was able to see places like Westminster Abby and St. Paul's. When I was an undergrad I did chemistry research with two Scots who I became good friends with. They live in Glasgow, and we also went up to there to visit them as well. London was great, but like others said, huge and expensive. I enjoyed Glasgow more actually (it might be because I was actually visiting my friends there instead of hers). I'm a huge Beatles fan, so seeing Liverpool was exciting for me too. I was trying to get my fiance to take another trip with me (so that I could go to the game), but she has some conference that she couldn't get out of going.

I have never been inside Wembley, which is one of the most celebrated stadiums in the world. I've always wanted to see it. Oh well, maybe one day I'll have the opportunity.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
I have, but then again, I'm from Belfast so it's not exactly far, only about an hour's flight. I've even been to a Wembley NFL game. I was supposed to be at a work conference in London today and tomorrow (Wed & Thur), I was planning to take Friday & Monday off and stay in London and visit some mates and then go to the game and eventually make it back into work on Tuesday.

Unfortunately my work have told me not to go to the conference as I'm too busy, meaning that they're not paying for the flights or accommodation, which means I can't go.

I've sold my ticket on eBay (and only made £2 profit)

\sobs into keyboard

Hi guys,

i`m new here, just signed up today but have been on another forum for many nears and a Rams fan for nearly 30 years.
my family are from Hammersmith in West London (tho i`m from Wales) and my former army barracks was near London so i`ve been there many times and know the city like the back of my hand.
like all cities it has it`s bad areas and people aren`t as friendly as outside in general,there`s worse cities in England tho and the 4 countries that make up Britain..Liverpool (where The Beatles come from) and Glasgow(the murder capital of Europe) being two of those.

anyway,i`ll be at the game on Sunday suited and booted in Rams attire..i`ve got tickets for the front of one of the endzones. i don`t intend on having a voice for a few days after Sunday evening.

Go Rams.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Welcome aboard ramblin! Can you guys get some pics this Sunday? Would be cool to see some of the Rams at Wembley. If the stars align, make sure u get one of the final score on the big board.......Rams 34 Patriots 17.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Welcome!

Have your dues ready by the 15th of every month.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ramblin` Ram said:
Hi guys,

i`m new here, just signed up today but have been on another forum for many nears and a Rams fan for nearly 30 years.
my family are from Hammersmith in West London (tho i`m from Wales) and my former army barracks was near London so i`ve been there many times and know the city like the back of my hand.
like all cities it has it`s bad areas and people aren`t as friendly as outside in general,there`s worse cities in England tho and the 4 countries that make up Britain..Liverpool (where The Beatles come from) and Glasgow(the murder capital of Europe) being two of those.

anyway,i`ll be at the game on Sunday suited and booted in Rams attire..i`ve got tickets for the front of one of the endzones. i don`t intend on having a voice for a few days after Sunday evening.

Go Rams.

Glasgow, murder capital of Europe? I mean it's pretty rough in places but it has some nice bits. I lived there for 4 years when I did my undergrad and I didn't get murdered once.

I've been to London twice before and i'm going again tomorrow for a long weekend and of course to take in the Rams :cheese:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
ScotsRam said:
Ramblin` Ram said:
Hi guys,

Go Rams.

Glasgow, murder capital of Europe? I mean it's pretty rough in places but it has some nice bits. I lived there for 4 years when I did my undergrad and I didn't get murdered once.

I've been to London twice before and i'm going again tomorrow for a long weekend and of course to take in the Rams :cheese:
I liked Glasgow too. If it is the murder capital of Europe that surprises me. I'm sure it has some rough areas, but so does any city. I thought it was nice.