Harrison "I would try to hurt him. I would go right for his knees"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Remember when this retard was talking a lot of shit about fish and our defense after the McLeod hit on Bridgewater?

------------------

Thomas Davis: Get this 'clown' Harrison off the air

• By Andie Hagemann NFL.com
  • Published: Feb. 5, 2016 at 06:07 p.m.

Rodney Harrison isn't afraid to be frank.

Harrison, who played for the New England Patriots and San Diego Chargers during his 15-year career, joined the The Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday.

Harrison initially said he had no problem with Cam Newton's touchdown celebrations but the former safety eventually sounded off in a controversial tangent.

"The defense is different from when I came in the league back in '94, the mentality is different," Harrison said. "You let a quarterback score, you let him dance, and you see it time and time again on film. If I was playing against Cam Newton, I would try to take him out. I would try to take him out."

Harrison added, "I would try to hurt him. I would go right for his knees. That's the goal. You want to knock him out -- that might be the difference between winning and losing the Super Bowl."

As expected, Harrison's comments were not well received in the Panthers' locker room. Linebacker Thomas Davis took to Twitter to weigh in.

After Josh Norman was informed of Harrison's comments, the cornerback fired back, reminding Harrison of one of the worst losses in his career.

"You would have to ask (David) Tyree about that one," Norman said per the New York Post. "Remember (No.) 85, when he caught it over his head? Rodney's been saying a lot of things this year, he really has. To comment on something like that ... I don't know."

This isn't the first time Harrison and Norman have engaged in a beef this year. In December, the two went head-to-head after Norman said Harrison, who is now an analyst for NBC Sports, is "horrible at his job." Norman didn't balk at the opportunity to defend his teammate ... and to throw another jab at Harrison.

"It's something I don't think this game would want," Norman added regarding Harrison's comments on Newton. "I don't think it's something the Panthers would want, and I know it's nothing that me, as his teammate, would want. I don't want it to happen, period."

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Harrison is such a fuck. He's been a dirty piece of shit player his entire career and remains a classless asshat to this day.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the guy who was talking $#!* about Fisher too this season. Somewhere Fish is smiling.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Should I put on my shocked face now? Harrison is just a piece of crap that now has to say crap like this to try to gain some sort of relevance.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So the classy guy who said the Rams, Fisher and Williams were dirty is in fact the dirty one? Shocking!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Couldn't a D just play better and then not have to see the QB celebrations?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Harrison can eat a dick
upload_2016-2-6_16-30-4.png

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Seriously, why isn't Goodell getting involved in this? The Commish can have a say about on air talent if they negatively affect the NFL brand.

Pretty sure Harrison did just that.

~lyser

Rookie
Wonder if his and Trent G's families vacation together in the Catskills in the summer? Fuckin dick.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I put Steven A Smith in the same category as AGore and Hilliary Milhouse Clinton. (n) "Why are we listening to them? Who gave them a platform? Why does anyone breathlessly wait for their next words?"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Seriously, why isn't Goodell getting involved in this? The Commish can have a say about on air talent if they negatively affect the NFL brand.

Pretty sure Harrison did just that.

I'd bet that the NFL can put enough pressure on to get him fired, if they wanted to do that.

Harrison is a turd.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Just goes to show you the slimy organization known as the NFL doesn't care about anything except $. If it gets ratings put on a guy that cheap shotted a qb in preseason and put him out for the year. Put on a guy who was involved with the brutal murder of two people (and he was involved) no problem. As long as it helps ratings we won't step in.