Harkey and Cook questionable for Sunday, Joyner and Roberson ruled out.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hope Cook at least won't be slowed down too much. I love what Kendricks brings but I was hoping to see some 2 TE sets. Does anyone know who backs up McQuaide?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Jake, no. He's an important piece on special teams and super underrated. I Would love to see GZ, Hekker and Jake play together their entire careers. On the Rams of course. Otherwise, not surprised by the injuries. Jared Cook is super durable.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope Cook at least won't be slowed down too much. I love what Kendricks brings but I was hoping to see some 2 TE sets. Does anyone know who backs up McQuaide?
Not a clue

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Questionable means, to me, there is an out-side chance they'll be in! Doubtful would scare me!

RamBill

Legend
Rams report: DE Chris Long likely to sit out one more week
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_87566b23-af72-5d83-9153-01f9e7dee294.html

The Rams closed out their practice week Friday afternoon at Rams Park. They fly to California later Friday and will take on the Chargers in a 3:05 p.m. game Sunday in San Diego.

The Rams (4-6) are coming off a 22-7 upset win over Denver and are looking for their first back-to-back wins of the season. The 6-4 Chargers snapped a three-game losing skid last week, beating Oakland 13-6.

“Got some guys back, back on the practice field, and had two good days outside. We're ready to go,'' Rams coach Jeff Fisher said following Friday's workout. “We'll take off at some point sometime later...we'll fine-tune the game plan and polish things up Saturday and we'll play a good team on Sunday.''

Fisher said that defensive end Chris Long, coming off the injured reserve/designated to return list after undergoing ankle surgery following the season-opening loss to Minnesota, is not likely to play this week.

“You know, I mean, there's a chance (but) it's probably unlikely at this point to make a roster move,'' Fisher said. “He's improving each day, so I think I'd think he'd have a pretty good chance (of returning) next week. ''

INJURY REPORT

Four injured players _ defensive tackle Alex Carrington (knee), wide receiver Damian Williams (hamstring), defensive back back Lamarcus Joyner (groin) and cornerback Marcus Roberson _ have already been ruled out of Sunday's game.

Tight ends Cory Harkey (quadriceps) and Jared Cook (back) are questionable. So is long snapper Jake McQuaide, who sat out Friday's workout with a back issue.

Linebackers James Laurinaitis (foot), Will Herring (foot), Daren Bates (groin) are probable. Guard Davin Joseph is also probable.

San Diego defensive tackle Ryan Carrethers (elbow) is out. Starting center Rich Ohrnberger (ankle/back) is questionable after missing his third consecutive practice on Friday. Reserve safety Jahleel Addae (concussion) is questionable after practicing Friday.

Listed probably after full Friday workouts are quarterback Philip Rivers (chest), nose tackle Sean Lissemore (quadriceps) and cornerback Steve Williams (hamstring).

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

I knew of Cooks back awhile back.. No pun intended.. lol I think he'll make it. I could be wrong.

On McQuaide's backup.... Just an educated guess but Barrett Jones? If not, Barnes or Turner? I can't recall ever seeing this come into play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I had to ask Who is Williams then I saw it further down. Did he even play? Would he have played.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I don't think they have a backup long snapper. If he cannot go, it could get really interesting. and not in a good way. They may have to make a roster move, which means releasing someone they don't want to at this point. Could be an early exit for whoever that guy was going to be when C. Long comes back.

My guess would be Williams, or one of he extra LBs.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I knew of Cooks back awhile back.. No pun intended.. lol I think he'll make it. I could be wrong.

On McQuaide's backup.... Just an educated guess but Barrett Jones? If not, Barnes or Turner? I can't recall ever seeing this come into play.
Who's Turner? And what is there that makes you think that Barrett Jones has ANY long snapping experience?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Who's Turner? And what is there that makes you think that Barrett Jones has ANY long snapping experience?

Excuse me I meant Tim Barnes your mighty highness.. :cool: My bad...

I said it was an educated guess. Do you know what that means Chief? I would figure any regular Center would be a better long snapper than anyone else. What you say? lol

Whoops meant Wells.. on the other behind Barnes and Jones.. Been a busy day brother.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Turner use to be our C remember? I still keep getting him stuck in my head.. My humblest apologies..

I'm being serious here. For some reason I always get Turner and Wells mixed up. Again, my bad.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Harkey is definitely tough, I'm sure he'll dress. If Cook can't go, sure would be nice to see Bayer get some looks. I think he can help us in the passing game, maybe give him a few opportunities over the middle.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Allright Coach and Dag. you boys better knock it off. Don't make me turn this car around.
Seriously, who better to fill in for McQ than someone w/ experience @ center, as opposed to releasing a player to bring in someone temporarily.
I don't have the answer, but I sure hope our coaching staff does.

GO RAMS!!!!