Hard Knocks Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not making excuses for Hill, but that could have been editing. That shot looked to be the from the same footage of his pouting (for lack of a better word) they showed earlier. For reference, they also showed Spruce's catches out of sequence to make for better TV, so it wouldn't surprise me that they depict a (non)reaction from Hill that didn't actually happen. There's very little reality in "reality" TV.

Maybe so. I'll go back and rewatch it; pretty sure that scene I am referring to had Spruce being congratulated by everyone else, but since I have a bad case of CRS and three brain cells left due to my adolescence it's certainly possible.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Yeah, it bugged me a bit when TJ's wife made the comment that the crowd there was bigger than St. Louis ever had. 1. The Rams are back home in LA and this is the very first NFL game in over 20 years. 2. The Colosseum holds more people than the dome ever could. 3. Ever heard of the GSOT years? The place was filled to capacity before and some years after those years.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't stand digs at my city.

They had 90,000 fans for a PRE-SEASON game... Sorry, that would never happen St. Louis.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Britt and Quick already on the bubble for me. That ATV crap was just plain stupid, imo. You maybe expect that crap from younger players, but these are 2 of the older WRs on the team. That's some 7-9 crap right there, Fish. Double standard much?

So would you rather Fisher cut both Britt and Quick to satisfy your need for consistency? Get real. One incident was a purposeful, planned breaking of one of the team's 2 training camp rules. The other was a stupid accident.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
So would you rather Fisher cut both Britt and Quick to satisfy your need for consistency? Get real. One incident was a purposeful, planned breaking of one of the team's 2 training camp rules. The other was a stupid accident.

How bout we dial down the snark a bit? Sorry I put your heroes Quick and Britt on blast. But I call it how I see it.

Never said they should be cut. But they could have done more than just laugh it off like they did (or appeared to do) Fisher's loyalty to some of these guys who haven't produced squat is sometimes mind boggling. If they were driving more careful there wouldn't have been an accident in the first place. Driving recklessly like that and then having the balls to laugh about it instead of being accountable is bad for the culture they are supposedly trying to harvest. Way to set the bar, vets.

Q729

Legend
I think the director or something said this season of Hard Knocks was going to have a splash of Hollywood in it; the feel of a movie or TV show. I guess that's why we are getting a different vibe from all the previous installments. Lots of comedy for sure. I'm entertained. Maybe we should be glad we aren't seeing too much revealing stuff on the team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Completely agree... and for you as an LA guy, I really appreciate you saying it.

Just another example... yesterday on the Rams official Twitter, they had Rodger Saffold and Tru Johnson in a convertible singing "Home Sweet Home" from Motley Crue.. They do that kind of crap all the time. I know it's cool for LA and all that, but it's just a slap in the face every time they do that crap.
You mean the video that has players, coaches and owners from all 32 NFL teams?

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/los-angeles-rams/0ap3000000686028/Welcome-Home

It's an NFL ad not an attack on St Louis. They're talking about how at the end of summer people come home from vacations and go back to school/work. And that's what the NFL teams are all doing and they're celebrating starting a new season. I seem to be using this image a lot lately.

95b4c78d99baed82097a0ee1d17d3056.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

After just watching the 2nd episode, MEH. I just don't like it. I thought hard knocks was about showing the battle for spots on the roster, not this off field shit.

Again, the training field, meetings, the game, great. Everything else, bad.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You will have to click link to see vid. Not all that funny anyway.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eimagining-jeff-fishers-79-hard-knocks-speech

• By Dan Hanzus
  • End Around Writer
  • Published: Aug. 18, 2016 at 03:11 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 18, 2016 at 03:38 p.m.

Two episodes into the current season of Hard Knocks and we've had two standout moments: William Hayes the mermaid-loving Dino-Truther and Jeff Fisher vs. 7-9.

The latter highlight came in the premiere, as an animated Fisher demanded Rams players improve their focus to avoid the same mediocre fate that's plagued the team since Fisher took over in 2012.

Cole Hartley of SB Nation's Big Cat Country spliced together an alternate version of Fisher's urgent address, which you can chortle at below. I was 20 seconds deep before realizing chicanery was afoot. What does that say about Fisher as a motivator of men? What does that say about me as an idiot?

gdSOo_D7IMMSyoOs.jpg

Follow
Cole Hartley @ColeFartley

NFL Films just released the uncut version of Jeff Fisher's mediocracy rant. Powerful stuff, wow

9:05 AM - 16 Aug 2016

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

After just watching the 2nd episode, MEH. I just don't like it. I thought hard knocks was about showing the battle for spots on the roster, not this off field crap.

Honestly after 10 seasons I think the show has run its course. Nothing really left to show they haven't already. How many shows last 10 seasons anymore? I wouldn't be shocked if this is the last.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

After just watching the 2nd episode, MEH. I just don't like it. I thought hard knocks was about showing the battle for spots on the roster, not this off field crap.

100x THIS

I don't care about Goff crushing on Taylor Swift, or about dinosaurs and mermaids being real and certainly don't find watching them in swimming pool enjoyable
There isn't enough footage of training camp/meetings and actual game highlights to fill 60 minutes??

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Was definitely worth staying up for. You havent seen anything till youve seen William Hayes in a speedo, lol.

Seeing Hayes in a Speedo is not on my bucket list anywhere !!! The mere thought terrified me...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Seeing Hayes in a Speedo is not on my bucket list anywhere !!! The mere thought terrified me...
I could not stop laughing watching Hayes wander around the pool wearing a speedo and that floaty

It had me rolling :LOL:

Shoman01

Rookie
Loved the halftime part when the coaches where addressing the players, could hear multiple coaches from different rooms addressing their position groups. It looks like at least some of them give a shit about the teams performance.
HBO is showing a lot unflattering footage of the players goofing off, makes it look like they don't care. After all of these losing seasons, I would think it would be all business.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The team will start cutting the roster soon, with all of the drama that entails. This is my first season watching the show, mostly because it wasn't worth my paying for HBO to see other featured teams that I don't really care about. I like the show because I get to see how the coaches are with players. I feel like I am getting to know players and their personalities, much more than just seeing a name on a jersey on game day. Not you kurt, but it slays me when I read about frustrations from our fans that these guys are not acting like 50 year old CEO's overworking on their off time. We have the youngest team in the NFL (I beleive) once again, and many of them are just 5-6 years out of High School, so I have no problem with goofiness by them. I do see seriousness on the field when we see that, and we will see how these kids care after some get cut....This may be the only time I see the series because I hate paying for HBO, but it has been worth it to me.