Hard Knocks Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Having fun on the field is just how it is in all team sports now. It is how teams have evolved with the new generation of players, plus the CBA dictates the amount of full contact. As an MO, Fisher likes to have his players ready for the regular season, and not have guys blowing out their knees in practice.

That's nice and all.....but guys like Tom Coughlin and Mike Tomlin have rings to show that its ok to slow down evolution just a smidge. Fishers kid gloves on the ATV rollover was pretty pathetic. I thought to myself "That wasn't a no-no in their fkn CONTRACTS????"

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That's nice and all.....but guys like Tom Coughlin and Mike Tomlin have rings to show that its ok to slow down evolution just a smidge. Fishers kid gloves on the ATV rollover was pretty pathetic. I thought to myself "That wasn't a no-no in their fkn CONTRACTS????"
I think there was definitely more behind the scenes on that one, and I agree on the contracts, if you do something dumb like that and get hurt, normally you can terminate their contract.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I loved it. I was beyond impressed with Mannion hitting the goal post with a C Note on the line. I love Goff and think he's the future, but wouldn't it be crazy good if Mannion was franchise QB too?

Mannion hitting the post was cool

So was seeing Gurley get into the huddle telling the guys to get going - that was epic

But the rest made me sort of sick
The rap tune that landed on a ATV roll over was gratuitous. The way they cut in the Randolph story was weak too

Episode 2 was not my favorite moment in TV

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
My take on how they are forming these episodes, is that they are trying to get people to like LA, like the players, etc. That is how people become invested. I don't like the multiple takes on comparing it to St. Louis, although I don't think they are staged, they are edited in, and could be left out. Just no reason to harp on it, were past it....let people move on.

Having fun on the field is just how it is in all team sports now. It is how teams have evolved with the new generation of players, plus the CBA dictates the amount of full contact. As an MO, Fisher likes to have his players ready for the regular season, and not have guys blowing out their knees in practice.

On the new, cool, technology front, those moving dummies are hilarious. Not the first I first saw them, but they are cool.

Well said

bluecoconuts

Legend
In terms of the crowd size, it was designed that way. The Rams now play in a stadium that holds 25,000 more seats than they played in before, it was the first game back and tickets aren't yet an arm and a leg.

It would be like a player going from the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL team) to the Kings during game 7 of the playoffs and going "Woah, I never had a crowd like that.".. Yeah no shit, the team hasn't been to the playoffs in nearly a decade and has some of the lowest attendance numbers.. Then you went to a city and your first game was a big event. Preseason or not, it was still the first game back.

It was pointless for HBO to bring it up, it's a "no shit" moment.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As mentioned on Hard Knocks, Fisher allowed Quinn to travel to Rio to watch his sister compete in the 100M Hurdles. Just a few minutes ago she fell in the semi's after a misstep on the second to last hurdle, and she was just a nose off the lead and gaining when she went down. It's a shame, but she's now out of the games.

Ellard80

Legend
just watched it... some funny stuff.

William Hayes is winning the all time troll award.

It's funny listening to the guys trying to explain it... Some dudes straight from the Smithsonian.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Austin Hill is a whiner.

William Hayes ... LOL! I love you!

Watching Hill not even be a good enough teammate to be excited by that TD and the team coming back in the game because he was busy feeling sorry for himself was irritating. Dude didn't even crack a smile. Not gonna stick.

I get the sense that Fish has so much control that the HBO crew has to settle for lesser storylines. You just get NOTHING from the coaches in this show.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Britt and Quick already on the bubble for me. That ATV shit was just plain stupid, imo. You maybe expect that shit from younger players, but these are 2 of the older WRs on the team. That's some 7-9 shit right there, Fish. Double standard much?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
In terms of the crowd size, it was designed that way. The Rams now play in a stadium that holds 25,000 more seats than they played in before, it was the first game back and tickets aren't yet an arm and a leg.

It would be like a player going from the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL team) to the Kings during game 7 of the playoffs and going "Woah, I never had a crowd like that.".. Yeah no crap, the team hasn't been to the playoffs in nearly a decade and has some of the lowest attendance numbers.. Then you went to a city and your first game was a big event. Preseason or not, it was still the first game back.

It was pointless for HBO to bring it up, it's a "no crap" moment.

Completely agree... and for you as an LA guy, I really appreciate you saying it.

Just another example... yesterday on the Rams official Twitter, they had Rodger Saffold and Tru Johnson in a convertible singing "Home Sweet Home" from Motley Crue.. They do that kind of shit all the time. I know it's cool for LA and all that, but it's just a slap in the face every time they do that crap.

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
Watching Hill not even be a good enough teammate to be excited by that TD and the team coming back in the game because he was busy feeling sorry for himself was irritating. Dude didn't even crack a smile.

Not making excuses for Hill, but that could have been editing. That shot looked to be the from the same footage of his pouting (for lack of a better word) they showed earlier. For reference, they also showed Spruce's catches out of sequence to make for better TV, so it wouldn't surprise me that they depict a (non)reaction from Hill that didn't actually happen. There's very little reality in "reality" TV.

Stony32

Completely agree... and for you as an LA guy, I really appreciate you saying it.

Just another example... yesterday on the Rams official Twitter, they had Rodger Saffold and Tru Johnson in a convertible singing "Home Sweet Home" from Motley Crue.. They do that kind of crap all the time. I know it's cool for LA and all that, but it's just a slap in the face every time they do that crap.

Not being critical of STL fans here, but did they have the same sympathetic feelings for L.A. fans when they lost their team 22 years ago?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Just another example... yesterday on the Rams official Twitter, they had Rodger Saffold and Tru Johnson in a convertible singing "Home Sweet Home" from Motley Crue.. They do that kind of crap all the time. I know it's cool for LA and all that, but it's just a slap in the face every time they do that crap.

Don't you live in Denver now?
I mean it's all marketing freaks in a room coming up with ways to bring attention and sales to the franchise - not sure what song you could play that would help ease St Louis fans suffering? I mean if players were singing some sad some about leaving St Louis would that make the situation better? Maybe worse -- I just don't think anyone is intentionally trying to slap anyone in the face, the TV show and the franchise have to acknowledge the move to LA and it's the focus of their entire marketing campaign

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Not being critical of STL fans here, but did they have the same sympathetic feelings for L.A. fans when they lost their team 22 years ago?

It has nothing to do with sympathetic feelings towards the other teams fans. It has to do with the organization and the people responsible rubbing it in their faces. Also, there was no social media or Hard Knocks in 1995... a little different. I get it. You don't care... but a lot of people do.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Don't you live in Denver now?
I mean it's all marketing freaks in a room coming up with ways to bring attention and sales to the franchise - not sure what song you could play that would help ease St Louis fans suffering? I mean if players were singing some sad some about leaving St Louis would that make the situation better? Maybe worse -- I just don't think anyone is intentionally trying to slap anyone in the face, the TV show and the franchise have to acknowledge the move to LA and it's the focus of their entire marketing campaign

No, I have always lived in STL. Again, you're not understanding what I said. Instead of just ONE apology or something acknowledging the fan base here, they are constantly throwing diggs and rubbing it in our faces. (Recent interview with Demoff saying how he couldn't eat the food in STL.. another one saying he was thankful the team went on a 4 game losing streak in November which made moving forward that much easier... seeing Kroenke yuck it up with Goodell and Jones on the sideline, when he never did that here). Maybe you don't follow the stuff as much or hear it as much as people like me who still follow all the Rams news / twitter accounts / watch Hard Knocks, etc... but for those of us that do, it's still more slaps in the face. OK.. rant over.

fearsomefour

Legend
Editing is what all "reality" shows are about. Knew a girl on a reality show (Real World, dated a friend) and she was painted in one light....as a whiner and cryer. She was being filmed for about four months for the show, she cried once. Every time there was an arguement or a little drama involving her they would film her going into her room and closing the door, or turning and walking away and play audio from the one time she actually cried. They paint people how they want to paint them. The non disclosures were like a phone book, no idea how that works with NFL stuff.
All of that said, Britt seems like a dull bulb in every way.
If it was not a starter but a bubble guy that flipped the ATV, they would have been cut.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I know it's cool for LA and all that, but it's just a slap in the face every time they do that crap.

It's just bias against the STL market. I truly believe that the league office has hated STL since they gave Georgia the moon and the stars to move. Since then it's been a "wait for the right time" to go back. Now that The Rams are back in LA, they are dumping STL altogether.

I know I say it too much, but this is why the league gets absolutely 0 from me. Even sent them an e-mail explaining it, and completely dumped over survey they sent out a couple weeks ago asking me how much I liked the NFL experience.

Stony32

I don't see that as a slap in the face of St. Louis fans. It's for LA fans and a celebration of a return to a place from where the team once came. Now, if the Rams had not been in LA before moving to STL, THAT would be insulting.