Hard Knocks Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7:30 am EST here on Wednesday and I still cant watch on HBOgo
This is really annoying!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Mermaids live off the East Coast, I know this because Darell Hannah was the best looking mermaid ever.

Great quotes from Splash :

You see, drinking is a matter of algebraic ratio. How drunk you get is caused by the amount of alcohol you consume in relation to your total body weight. You see my point? It's not that you had too much to drink. You're just too skinny.

What are you looking at? You never saw a guy who slept with a fish before? Get back to work!

Oh Mr. Bauer, you had a million messages. I wrote them down here. You got calls from CBS, NBC, ABC, AP, UPI, Time, Ted Turner, Newsweek, Marineland, Ripley's Believe it or Not, and Mrs. Paul.

Allen: I don't understand. All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's... she's a fish.
Freddie: Nobody said love's perfect.
Taglines
  • Allen Bauer thought he'd never find the right woman... He was only half wrong!

• She was the woman of Allen's dreams. She had large dark eyes, a beautiful smile, and a great pair of fins.

Great movie with a great cast. John Candy, Tom Hanks and Eugene Levy were great... and Daryl Hannah... wowza.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Like episode 1... I'll be watching episode 2 for the second time tonight. There's just too much to take in... if I only watch it once I miss out.

Lots of entertainment value.... and my wife enjoys it too.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I know I'm bitter. But it still pisses me off that they have people talking about the crowds in LA compared to STL. No fucking comparison of the shit football we endured for over a decade compared to moving back to their former home... no shit there's going to be bigger crowds. Of course HBO (NFL) has to make a point of that. Not ONE mention yet of anything remotely thanking fans of STL. It sure was nice of them to show Kroenke yucking it up with Goodell and Jerruh Jones though. Don't worry, my bitterness will end someday (I hope).

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I know I'm bitter. But it still pisses me off that they have people talking about the crowds in LA compared to STL. No freaking comparison of the crap football we endured for over a decade compared to moving back to their former home... no crap there's going to be bigger crowds. Of course HBO (NFL) has to make a point of that. Not ONE mention yet of anything remotely thanking fans of STL. It sure was nice of them to show Kroenke yucking it up with Goodell and Jerruh Jones though. Don't worry, my bitterness will end someday (I hope).
Yeah, it bugged me a bit when TJ's wife made the comment that the crowd there was bigger than St. Louis ever had. 1. The Rams are back home in LA and this is the very first NFL game in over 20 years. 2. The Colosseum holds more people than the dome ever could. 3. Ever heard of the GSOT years? The place was filled to capacity before and some years after those years.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't stand digs at my city.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
It's pretty cool to see the inside of this organization and how these guys really are. Show me the cursing and other silly stuff. The things we fans normally see are the politically correct stuff the players and coaches have to say so i find this aspect of the show refreshing. Having said that, I find this installment of Hard Knocks to be different than the others. A lot more goofy stuff and not enough football, besides the preseason game.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Yeah, it bugged me a bit when TJ's wife made the comment that the crowd there was bigger than St. Louis ever had. 1. The Rams are back home in LA and this is the very first NFL game in over 20 years. 2. The Colosseum holds more people than the dome ever could. 3. Ever heard of the GSOT years? The place was filled to capacity before and some years after those years.

Yeah, I feel ya both. But you have to remember, too, it's a player's girlfriend talking to a girl who is her friend(?) in the stands. It's not a representative of the team, and most likely it wasn't meant to be heard or recorded. I'm sure people talk shit on LA to their friends all the time. And St. Louis. And New York. And London. And San Antonio. And Cheyenne. You get my point. I just question the necessity to include that comment in the show.

As far as the content, I've enjoyed this season so far. Like seeing the guys' personalities. This season does seem to focus on the extra-curricular stuff. Fisher's been doing training camps for so long, he's had time to think about what sorts of activities and chill-down stuff to throw in that will keep his players from cracking. He knows the pace, the rhythm, and knows how to get teams through it. Maybe they do have too much fun, I don't know. But you also get the feeling that Rams players care about each other, and want to play for each other and the coaching staff. I like that. I like that they have fun, and enjoy their environment and each others' company. I like that part of this team's football philosophy is to be open-minded, and to expand the experience and lifestyle of its players.

We know they are practicing. Cameras just don't want to shoot a lot of it, and maybe that's because they've done hard knocks so long they feel the practice stuff is redundant. Looking for what makes this team different, and maybe they've tuned their sliders a little too much to catching the funny, light-hearted moments. It's cool though. Fisher teams work hard and play hard. It's a healthy atmosphere that I'm sure ratchets up as the season comes nearer.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think the "Silly" stuff is great! It shows that these are young men, not machines. Things like the pool, and some of the other things are really great I think for team building. Here's one weird thing that keeps catching my attention.... Dave McGinnis is a serious yes man. He's like Fishers parrott.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think the "Silly" stuff is great! It shows that these are young men, not machines. Things like the pool, and some of the other things are really great I think for team building. Here's one weird thing that keeps catching my attention.... Dave McGinnis is a serious yes man. He's like Fishers parrott.

I noticed that about McGinnis too.

…..

Legend
I liked hearing Jerry Jones tell Kronke that the Cowboys were gonna whoop our asses. Not that it mattered, but it was good to see the competitive fire among owners.

I also liked seeing Eric Dickerson on the sidelines next to Stan while the 4th qtr comeback was in full affect.

Best part of the show? Wauffle yelling "Fuuuck YOU!" to the offense. He was fkn hot, and plenty serious.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

They sold out every game from the time they were there through 2006 I believe...

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Yeah, I feel ya both. But you have to remember, too, it's a player's girlfriend talking to a girl who is her friend(?) in the stands. It's not a representative of the team, and most likely it wasn't meant to be heard or recorded. I'm sure people talk crap on LA to their friends all the time. And St. Louis. And New York. And London. And San Antonio. And Cheyenne. You get my point. I just question the necessity to include that comment in the show.

As far as the content, I've enjoyed this season so far. Like seeing the guys' personalities. This season does seem to focus on the extra-curricular stuff. Fisher's been doing training camps for so long, he's had time to think about what sorts of activities and chill-down stuff to throw in that will keep his players from cracking. He knows the pace, the rhythm, and knows how to get teams through it. Maybe they do have too much fun, I don't know. But you also get the feeling that Rams players care about each other, and want to play for each other and the coaching staff. I like that. I like that they have fun, and enjoy their environment and each others' company. I like that part of this team's football philosophy is to be open-minded, and to expand the experience and lifestyle of its players.

We know they are practicing. Cameras just don't want to shoot a lot of it, and maybe that's because they've done hard knocks so long they feel the practice stuff is redundant. Looking for what makes this team different, and maybe they've tuned their sliders a little too much to catching the funny, light-hearted moments. It's cool though. Fisher teams work hard and play hard. It's a healthy atmosphere that I'm sure ratchets up as the season comes nearer.

Exactly, Austin... It's not that they said it, but they chose to air that and also Keenum's comment to Goff. People outside STL don't feel this, but there has been multiple diggs from the organization against STL since this process has played out. Not one apology, nothing. And to tune into a show, and keep hearing it kind of sucks. It's not our fault.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Was definitely worth staying up for. You havent seen anything till youve seen William Hayes in a speedo, lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I loved it. I was beyond impressed with Mannion hitting the goal post with a C Note on the line. I love Goff and think he's the future, but wouldn't it be crazy good if Mannion was franchise QB too?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My take on how they are forming these episodes, is that they are trying to get people to like LA, like the players, etc. That is how people become invested. I don't like the multiple takes on comparing it to St. Louis, although I don't think they are staged, they are edited in, and could be left out. Just no reason to harp on it, were past it....let people move on.

Having fun on the field is just how it is in all team sports now. It is how teams have evolved with the new generation of players, plus the CBA dictates the amount of full contact. As an MO, Fisher likes to have his players ready for the regular season, and not have guys blowing out their knees in practice.

On the new, cool, technology front, those moving dummies are hilarious. Not the first I first saw them, but they are cool.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams will be perceived as one of two things after this season of Hard Knocks:

1. A group of young, goofy but talented NFL players.

2. The laughing stock of the league.

From the feedback I am hearing after episode #1 from friends who are fans of other teams. The needle is swinging pretty far towards #2 at the moment, haha. Maybe they are just scared of Mike Waufle.....
So more of the same I guess.
There is a part of me that would love to see Waufle get his ass handed to him. He may be a bad ass, but, a loudmouth Dbag as well. At least the show is edited to show him in that light.

…..

Legend
My take on how they are forming these episodes, is that they are trying to get people to like LA, like the players, etc. That is how people become invested. I don't like the multiple takes on comparing it to St. Louis, although I don't think they are staged, they are edited in, and could be left out. Just no reason to harp on it, were past it....let people move on.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm from Los Angeles and now live in Atlanta. There's no reason to have any negative comments about St Louis in the program and they could be easily edited out. After the opening moments of the 1st show, they could have said that not so subtle good bye for the production value then left it alone. St Louis is a great sports city and I should know, I got stuck in the masses of thier World Series parade 5 years ago.