Hard Knocks 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Goff needs to find himself a girlfriend who knows the offensive plays as well as Keenum's wife.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Gonna have to watch this on delay the Dodgers vs Vagiants draws my attention over it :D

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Great episode. I feel for f/a Austin a bit.. Wauffle chewing out Westbrook was harsh man.. Coach Fish is the dude!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
*sticks fingers in ears and sings "tra-lalalala" (Can't watch on HBO Now until tomorrow :rant:)

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Was good. It's WAY better than not seeing the RAMS this off season. But I think we've seen enough of the little girl and her daddy routine. Good guy, cute girl, but please give me more football stuff. Cush's wife aint half bad at all! Good for him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
McRoberts step brother killed a few weeks back, right around the time camp opened. Tough way to start things off.

Great episode. I feel for f/a Austin a bit.. Wauffle chewing out Westbrook was harsh man.. Coach Fish is the dude!

I assume you mean WR hopeful Austin Hill ? Nice family, cute little girl ... i'll be rooting for him to at least make the Practice Squad.
You are right, another good episode, at least I enjoyed it.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
McRoberts step brother killed a few weeks back, right around the time camp opened. Tough way to start things off.

I assume you mean WR hopeful Austin Hill ? Nice family, cute little girl ... i'll be rooting for him to at least make the Practice Squad.

The McRoberts tragedy is also one of the unfortunate tidbits of the episode. My condolences go out to his family.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Best one yet IMO. Feel terrible for McRoberts. He sure looks the part of a stud WR physically btw. Hope he gets more chances. Too much camera time for Hill and fam for sure. Makes me think they are setting it up for even more when he gets waived.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Hills daughter is adorable. The sad part most of these undrafted guys just don't get a great shot or many reps. Spruce probably has flashed enough to make it even with the injury.

But it's so cool to see the words that really get used. I mean even Ogletree was fired up after giving up a TD.
Wauffle and GW are freaking nuts and I love it.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I am about to watch it now. If I see another pool or yoga sessions I think I am going throw myTV out the window

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Ok, that was the best episode yet.

What is up with Chubb?!. Coach is talking and you ignore him as a UDFA. Not smart lol

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-r...isher-demands-that-todd-gurley-not-be-tackled

Alden Gonzalez

IRVINE, Calif. -- If you ever wondered just how important star running back Todd Gurley is to his team, look no further than the third installment of "Hard Knocks," the HBO series that follows the Los Angeles Rams through training camp.

In it, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher gave his defensive coaches some very explicit instructions.

"So everybody understands, defensively, that Gurley doesn't need to f---ing be hit in the 9-on-7 [drill], OK?" Fisher said. "I don't want '30' tackled. We need '30.' So, individual groups, let your guys know, '30' doesn't go to the ground in a team period or a 9-on-7. And I know it's a combination of things [with] guys closing, but we need to treat him like a freaking quarterback. OK?"

Gurley (the 29th-best player in the NFL, according to ESPN's rankings) is the reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year and finished third in the league in rushing despite not getting a significant amount of carries until Week 4. Now in his second year, and an extra year removed from a devastating knee injury, Gurley will be the focal point of a Rams offense that seemingly won't offer much in the passing game.

And that's why the Rams will be very, very careful with Gurley before the regular season begins.

Gurley finally got into a game this past Saturday, an eventual 21-20 win over the Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Coliseum. He rushed four times in the Rams' first offensive possession, gaining 20 yards and scoring a touchdown. And as soon as he jogged back toward the sidelines, offensive coordinator Rob Boras spoke into his headset to ask Fisher a question:

"Todd's done, right?"

"Done," Fisher said. "Done, done, done. Done. Yeah, done."

A look at some of the other Rams personnel featured on "Hard Knocks" ...

Jared Goff: Rams quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke, in a meeting attended by general manager Les Snead, on Goff: "We all knew it was going to be a process. I think you've seen flashes of obviously why we took him No. 1, and you also see rookie lapses over the course of each practice. I think those are continuing to be minimized. He's made great strides since OTAs. I love where this kid's at, he's working his ass off, he's asking the right questions. We'll continue to obviously just watch him develop. He's a special one." Weinke and Fisher acknowledged that Goff running a couple of drives with the first-team offense in the upcoming game would be a big opportunity, but Goff didn't end up taking full advantage.

Mike Singletary: The Hall of Fame linebacker and former San Francisco 49ers head coach got on Alec Ogletree, in his first first year as middle linebacker. Singletary pulled Ogletree off to the side and whispered, "You can be on one of the best to ever play the game. You have it in you, in this body, the ability to be an off-the-charts player. But you're not using it. And it pisses me off, man. You're not using it. I want to see you hustle." Ogletree was really upset that the Rams gave up a touchdown on the opening drive for the second straight week.

Eugene Sims: So apparently Sims, a 6-foot-6, 269-pound defensive end, has some really, really good hands. Sims had one of the Rams assistants turn the JUGS machine all the way up, then stood only a few feet in front of it and continually caught passes with only his right hand. "Hard Knocks" cameras showed Sims make nine of them. Tight ends coach John Lilly even wondered aloud if Sims could be a tight end.

Brandon Fisher: Jeff Fisher told a cool anecdote about his son, Brandon, who coaches the secondary. The story was from the Music City Miracle in 2000, when tight end Frank Wycheck threw a lateral pass across the field to Kevin Dyson during a late kickoff to push Fisher's Tennessee Titans over the Buffalo Bills in a wild-card game. Brandon can be seen cheering Dyson on just beyond the sidelines. "Can you imagine if you would've bumped that official, what would've happened on that play?" Fisher told his son.

Paul McRoberts: The undrafted wide receiver's 18-year-old stepbrother died in a double shooting back home in St. Louis County, Missouri, and McRoberts was forced to find out about it Aug. 1 on Facebook. Fisher brought McRoberts into his office to console him. "It's not an easy time for you, man," Fisher told McRoberts. "But we'll help get you through this."

Eric Kush: The animated backup center loves his tank tops, and he had some made for the entire team. Left tackle Greg Robinson wanted nothing to do with it, though. "Naw, man, I'm allergic to tanks," he said.

Psycho_X

Legend
Mike Singletary: The Hall of Fame linebacker and former San Francisco 49ers head coach got on Alec Ogletree, in his first first year as middle linebacker. Singletary pulled Ogletree off to the side and whispered, "You can be on one of the best to ever play the game. You have it in you, in this body, the ability to be an off-the-charts player. But you're not using it. And it pisses me off, man. You're not using it. I want to see you hustle." Ogletree was really upset that the Rams gave up a touchdown on the opening drive for the second straight week.

You know, this is kind of a "well, duh" moment for myself but I just realized why they bothered bringing in Singletary because it seemed superfluous to me when we did. But it's to specifically work with Ogeltree from what I've been seeing. Tree is built a lot like Singeltary was. They are both undersized for a typical mlb slightly and rely on speed. A lot is riding on this transition to MLB being successful and they brought in one of the best in history to be a personal tutor. Hopefully it pays off.

Last edited:

Trony

UDFA
Name
Trony
IMO. The best part was during the pre-season game with the low-blow foul. Coach Fisher and Coach Waufle was not having it.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Say what you want about Singeltary and his head coaching career, but the dude still brings it and could definitely pass as a motivational speaker. I can only imagine how fired up he's going to get Tree this year, hell I think Tree could be an all pro under his tutelage.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Add in the Fact that he's Former Ram David Hill's Son and it gives me 1 more reason to route for him!(y);):D