Happy Birthday!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

1146552_10152904900243484_113129574_n.jpg

St. Louis Rams
Liked · 7 hours ago

Happy Birthday to the NFL's most exciting player, Tavon Austin!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Damn right! Happy Birthday. I can't wait till he starts giving us fans some presents. Is the 2014 season here yet...?

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
Beast carries a game. There wer 2 beast receivers last year - Josh Gordon and Megatron. Austin is a very nice chess piece but I would not classify him as a potential beast. How about Watkins as the beast and Austin as the double exclamation point. Rams Pass Offense - Beast!! of NFC West

PhxRam

Beast carries a game. There wer 2 beast receivers last year - Josh Gordon and Megatron. Austin is a very nice chess piece but I would not classify him as a potential beast. How about Watkins as the beast and Austin as the double exclamation point. Rams Pass Offense - Beast!! of NFC West

Let me know when Megatron and Gordon return a punt for a TD and have two long receptions in the same game...

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
That was very nice - unfortunately if he didn't have that game - his 1st season would have been a bit disappointing. Don't get me wrong - he will do great things for the Rams in years to come but I don't think he will dominate game after game. I would love to be wrong but players like Austin (Devon Hester, Dante Hall, Deshaun Jackson) change the game with a play vs. carrying a game like a beast. I think we need a true #1 receiver to hit full potential on offense.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Expectation? He already has done it.. I expect nothing less.

Just because your girlfriend figure out her shit once doesn't mean she's going to do it again. :D

No I'm kidding. The sky's the ceiling for this kid. He just need to have people around him that know what the fuck they're doing (i.e., consistent leadership).

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Dude is going to beast next year.. That Indy game was just a taste.

Rams will have an entire year, and offseason to come up with more creative ways of getting him the ball. There's no excuses anymore. Plus he will be a shitload more comfortable in this offense next year. Especially considering the gap he had to jump from WV's offense to ours. The entire West is going to have this offseason to come up with ways to contain him though. Anxious to see what his role is come September.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
Oh if it were only that easy - anyway Austin is a nice puzzle piece on offense. We need a receiver that can catch 7-8 balls and get 100 yds in a game when we need it. Its been a long time since that has been consistently in a game stat sheet for a Rams receiver.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Come on now, let's not put that level of expectation on Austin.
I bet Austin is putting that kind of expectation on himself. Why shouldn't we? Happy birthday TA. Now go show 'em.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rams will have an entire year, and offseason to come up with more creative ways of getting him the ball. There's no excuses anymore. Plus he will be a shitload more comfortable in this offense next year. Especially considering the gap he had to jump from WV's offense to ours. The entire West is going to have this offseason to come up with ways to contain him though. Anxious to see what his role is come September.
He had some rookie hick-ups as would be expected but he seemed to be getting past them as the season wore on - namely securing the ball. He will go off on several teams this year and show why we HAD to have him.