Happy Birthday to ROD's own @Jack Youngblood.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
When Youngblood asks for his first name on his jersey, he gets his first name on his jersey.

Happy Birthday, to one of the greatest players to ever wear the HORNS.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When Youngblood asks for his first name on his jersey, he gets his first name on his jersey.
Jack Youngblood and Superman once fought each other on a bet.
The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Awesome. Happy birthday Jack.
Youngblood Helmet.jpg

Hey! Look at what is on my desk. This was a birthday present from my wife and two boys just this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Man the Myth the Legend! My favorite Ram of all time hope he has a very happy birthday and many more.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not only did he play in that playoff game with a broken leg, he didn't even limp!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not only did he play in that playoff game with a broken leg, he didn't even limp!
Would you limp if you were Jack Youngblood's leg?

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
One of the biggest reasons I'm a die hard life long Rams fan! That '79 SB made me a fan for life! Happy birthday to a Rams legend!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Happy birthday big Jack! Can't wait to see you run out of the coliseum tunnel for the Rams first home game!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I DM'd him a Happy Birthday from the ROD.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Also shot him an invite back. We will see what happens.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Happy Birthday

Imagined that I was #85 back in Jr. High.

He was very nice to my wife and son at an Arena League deal.

Good dude and great player

Edit- looked at his Twitter....no mention of the return. That's interesting.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is a little background on the uniform name just in case anyone was wondering. Like Dodgersrf said, if anyone was worthy of having both their names on their jersey it was Jack Youngblood for sure!

In 1973 Youngblood was a Second-team All-pro selection and went to the first of his seven Pro Bowls and led the Rams with 16½ sacks. The Ram defense led the NFL in fewest yards allowed and fewest rushing yards. He was voted the Rams defensive lineman of the year by the Rams Alumni Association. Beginning in the 1973 season, the Rams added the unrelated Jim Youngblood to its roster, so from that time on, both Youngbloods had the unique distinction of having their entire name on the back of their jerseys, the given name appearing above the family name. The following year, 1974, the Rams again led the NFL in rushing defense and Youngblood led the Rams with 15 sacks while being voted a consensus First-team All-Pro. The Rams advanced to the NFC Championship game, losing 14-10 to the Minnesota Vikings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Youngblood

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Great thought, but I think it was more because " Jim Youngblood " Was on the team at the same time, and they wanted the Fans to be able to tell them apart!!

Younglood-Rams.jpg

Attachments

• Youngbloods.jpg
    Youngbloods.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited: