Happy Birthday, America!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a historian, I can say there are dark periods in our history. Although I could list many flaws, I can also say that the IDEA of America was revolutionary in the 18th century. No country in the World in the 18th century thought the USA would survive for 20 years, let alone more than two centuries.
9o8ZrLP.png

ue9BZlW.png

3aHkZmu.png

For our British Ram Bros......Something for you this July 4th!

umaDxEZ.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's America's birthday, but I also remember a day in March 1945, when my Grandfather was running through a living hell on a volcanic island in the pacific for ammunition, when a sniper gunned him down. The only inspiration the Marines had during an operation that was supposed to last 4 days, but lasted 3-4 weeks, was Old Glory being raised on Mt Surabachi. A cry was heard throughout the island, as the men in the midst of filth, dead bodies and a stench so horrific that I won't attempt to describe, saw that flag waving, tall and free.

Thank you veterans, from a vet.

DanEXAS.png

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
happy we couldn't be bothered to rule you anymore and let you win day colonials

;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
happy we couldn't be bothered to rule you anymore and let you win day colonials

;)

Thanks @UKram you were a 20 point favorite, however, you were on the road and even back then the Patriots were a pain in the ass.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and just like the rams we beat ourselves ... ;) ive seen sleepy hollow ...all your founding fathers were english lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A different Grandfather on my mother's paternal line, was a Lt. in the 2nd Connecticut Regiment of Foot in Capt. Stephen Hall's Company. With General George Washington, my Grandfather in Stephen Hall's Company stayed in a harsh winter camp at Valley Forge in 1777-1778. The British troops that Washington was shadowing, were comfortably spending the winter in Philadelphia 24 miles away. The Brits enjoyed wine, women, and song before warm fires, toasting King George the 3rd. Meanwhile, the troops at Valley Forge had almost no supplies and were in danger of famine, because their was no federal supply structure and the Pennsylvania govt was not very interested in continually supplying an Army, that few other former colonies were helping to supply. It was in this winter Camp, that General-Baron von Steuben came to drill the troops, and to create a modern army of the American "rabble". It was a major turning point for the Continental Army, and really saved the image of George Washington, who those like Benjamin Rush were trying to undermine and get removed from leadership.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Great thread and Happy Birthday all, even to our former British overlords.

Now the important stuff... What are we throwin on the BBQ today? I'm going with burgers, baked beans, and potato salad. All of the home made variety of course, except for the baked beans, where I start with Bush's canned beans and add in sauteed bacon/onions/garlic/bell peppers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Declaration of Independence signer, to King George III on July 4, 1776.....
7K9QyK6.png

(21st century Translation: "Bro, do you even lift?")