Hammond: Rams’ rookie-camp practices to include Gerald Everett, Cooper Kupp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
AR-170519897.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

rom left to right: Safety John Johnson, tight end Gerald Everett and wide receiver Cooper Kupp were all drafted by the Rams in 2017. (Photo by Getty Images, Illustration by Mark Rojas/SCNG)

Rams rookie coach Sean McVay will get his first chance to work with his rookie players this weekend in Thousand Oaks.

The Rams will hold an abbreviated camp for recently drafted and signed players, with two practices on Friday and one on Saturday. It’s a chance for prospects to learn the Rams’ new systems and impress coaches in advance of training camp.

As many as 51 players are expected to participate, including the eight players the Rams drafted last month: tight end Gerald Everett, receivers Cooper Kupp and Josh Reynolds, fullback Sam Rogers, defensive lineman Tanzel Smart, linebackers Samson Ebukam and Ejuan Price and defensive back John Johnson.

Also compelling are the stories of the undrafted players who will try to earn roster or practice-squad spots in the fall, and another spot might have opened up Thursday when the Rams waived quarterback Aaron Murray, who had been expected to be third string behind Jared Goff and Sean Mannion.

The Rams are expected to have three quarterbacks in camp: Matt Davis (Southern Methodist), Bryan Scott (Occidental) and Dylan Thompson, who was in training camp with the Rams last year. Scott, a product of Palos Verdes High, participated in USC’s Pro Day in March.

Three other players with local ties are expected at camp: running back Justin Davis (USC), tight end Travis Wilson (San Clemente High, then Utah) and defensive back Ishmael Adams (Oaks Christian High, then UCLA), all of whom have joined the Rams as undrafted free agents.

The offensive linemen in camp also could make an impact, particularly Jake Eldrenkamp (Washington), Anthony McMeans (New Mexico State) and Jon Toth (Kentucky).

The Rams recently signed veteran John Sullivan to be their center, but Sullivan has a history of injury issues and the Rams have only untested center Demetrius Rhaney as a backup. Toth and McMeans were college centers, and the Rams are expected to have Eldrenkamp also work at center during camp.

After the rookie mini-camp, the Rams will return to the practice field in the last week of May for the start of the third and final phase of their offseason workouts. A veteran mini-camp will take place in mid-June.

[www.dailynews.com]

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Somebody tell me why I'm so excited about three centers that were never drafted!
Jon-Toth.jpeg

1530465.jpg

_JM21036.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cause we needed one Den!!!!

Hot damn...Jon Toth....Do I get a medal if he's a starter on day one? How about an even jazzier handle under my avi????

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cause we needed one Den!!!!

Hot damn...Jon Toth....Do I get a medal if he's a starter on day one? How about an even jazzier handle under my avi????
How about this for now?
giphy.gif

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
McMeans, Toth, and Sullivan.

We would be set for years if we had that depth.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anyone know much about this CB that's there for a tryout?
I was just looking over the list @Memphis Ram posted.....and saw his name....thought it had him living in Palmdale...oh well....Went to Crenshaw High ehhh??? My ole stomping grounds....Looks like he got in a lil trouble out there in Utah...
http://www.blocku.com/2016/12/27/14...-dominique-hatfield-to-miss-foster-farms-bowl
http://www.good4utah.com/news/local...tfield-charged-in-separate-incident/210807954

That Utah defense was the best in the Pac-12....even better than Washingtons...not sure why....and NO Cooper Kupp didn't light them up for 7 catches for 200 yards and 3 tds.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
5'10" 166 lbs - 4.60 40yd ...... a shorter CB, ..... light in the seat ....and not very fast for his size.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
That Utah defense was the best in the Pac-12....even better than Washingtons...not sure why....and NO Cooper Kupp didn't light them up for 7 catches for 200 yards and 3 tds.
"Southern" Utah on the other hand... 11 catches for 168 yds. and a touchdown back in 2013.;)