Hammond: Rams experimenting with players in different spots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hmmm...I don't think Higbee has shown he's ready...

I do think Harkey & Hemingway need to see the field more...They do block the best. Higbee & Kendricks are not the sure handed TE types that succeed in today's NFL.

Better then? As an overall power blocker, I don't think Matthews has ever been near Greg as far as ability. Not now, not then.

fixed it

Higbee was Jared 's roomate. He also has been looking better of late.

Hemingway probabaly is the fastest of all the TE's

I just think it is time for youth & make the statement that your not going to take the bonehead mistakes.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Has anyone seen actual first hand reports saying what changes they might be trying in practice? I would love to think someone who posts here has real inside information and knows what the staff is talking about and what they might be considering but I have my doubts that anything posted here is anything more than a wild ass guess from someone hoping they get it right so they have some guess cred.

Grading the coaches because they are fucked if they try something and have failed either way it works out????

I personally have been disappointed with Boudreau since he has been back. I see no development and in fact some regression in some of the players he is supposed to be working with every day for months on end. That unit has to be the base of everything done on offense and for a team that is supposed to be a running team they aren't getting it done.

I hate the idea of Saffold at LT and like others would not be surprised to see him injured again if he is moved there. I see a lot of other players tossing defensive guys around just like Robinson and not getting those holding calls, it is infuriating and I don't see the difference but I don't see the all 22 or any other break downs so maybe it just looks the same.

What ever the case is and how ever things look I'll be rooting for them knowing they are trying the best they can and I'll be rooting for an offensive explosion and a Rams win.

Debacled

Starter
Theres a difference when it comes to tossing guys and reaching and lunging. Refs pick up on a guy ducking and being over extended pretty quickly, and Robinson is absolutely terrible about it.

Everyone was excited when he worked with Bently at his little camp thing over the offseason. They were convinced it was this coaching staff that was stunting the growth of the next elite LT. So much for that.

I tend to think it falls more along the lines of Snead getting a bit over excited about another Auburn player (he has a serious hardon for players from his alma mater). The Draft hype with him was ridiculous (just as it was with Jason Smith). I can appreciate going after a high upside guy, but can they please stop trying with "athletic" tackles who fly up peoples draft boards at the end of the season? And for the record while he is strong he isn't some kind of superhuman specimen especially at the NFL level.

The good news is he is still young. The bad news is his technique is still trash and it really doesn't matter if he is bigger faster stronger in the NFL, he needs the technique to be successful.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I say put the OL players names on ping pong balls, throw them in the hopper, and when the first one pops up that's the new LT, then LG, then C and so on.
It would be good idea to do the same for the offensive play calling. What? 3rd and 15.........pop..QB Sneak. At least they would get a coupe yards running.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd like to see the offense embrace and impose the physical nature and identity that our defense has become and lock down an identity. I think we've seen it occasionally from guys like Britt, Quick, Gurley and yes, even little Tavon without the ball... but i think as many have alluded to...the offensive line is not very physical or effective considering the beef up front. It's a bit frustrating to behold considering the power running mantra we've been sold.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd like to see the offense embrace and impose the physical nature and identity that our defense has become and lock down an identity. I think we've seen it occasionally from guys like Britt, Quick, Gurley and yes, even little Tavon without the ball... but i think as many have alluded to...the offensive line is not very physical or effective considering the beef up front. It's a bit frustrating to behold considering the power running mantra we've been sold.

This. X1000.

Instead, they just blame all the OL failures on GRob.