Hammond: Kroenke deflects question on future of Coach Jeff Fisher, GM Les Snead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Claiming the Rams(Snead) have had bad drafts is a myopic POV unless you do some research and look around the league in the last 4 years.

Perspective. The Rams have drafted better than most.
Very very true, but it's too easy for people to pull the woe is me card and not look at their situation objectively.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thanks for clarifying. Yeah - I wish I knew the answers. I think KD does the day to day operations but when it comes to senior level hirings and firings, I have to guess that Stan gets involved. I like a lot of what I THINK Snead has done. But honestly, I don't know who had more say in any of this. It will be interesting to see as I think it would take a pretty huge uptick in the win column to secure anyone's job for the future.

Demoff is not going anywhere for a Lin time !! That is a given. --Stan just told reporters to ask him. They talk all the time.

Snead is the GM & he came as the Snisher ?? When does it just become Snead ?? I'm curious about his future.

Fisher is Fisher & I''m not a big fan of his.People I know that are NFL fans think he just stinks & will never win. He had some excellent teams & players.
-- what he let happen to Steve McNair was like What The Rams did to Mike Marcs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fisher is a coach that moves franchises , like he did Houston .

Ram65

Legend
Thanks for clarifying. Yeah - I wish I knew the answers. I think KD does the day to day operations but when it comes to senior level hirings and firings, I have to guess that Stan gets involved. I like a lot of what I THINK Snead has done. But honestly, I don't know who had more say in any of this. It will be interesting to see as I think it would take a pretty huge uptick in the win column to secure anyone's job for the future.

For sometime I though Demoff would eventually have more power than anyone but Stan. I think Stan will defer to Demoff on most decisions. After Demoff got a lot of credit for the move to LA my belief has intensified. I think Demoff is going to be the GM if he already isn't.

FRO

Legend
I agree that there were some bad picks in there. (Picks that I didn't advocate btw) :sneaky:. It makes you wonder. Maybe the formula is just different on offense. The superior athletes that Fisher/Snead love do well on defense but maybe offense is more about technique and existing skill (I think it is). But overall I would say they have been drafting well. Look back at teams that are regarded as drafting well each year. They all have some bad years, bad picks. The middle round drafting for the Rams has been consistently good. I think overall I rate, whomever is making the picks as a pretty good talent evaluator.
I think they have a clearer vision on what they want to do on defense than offense. I also believe drafting raw/high upside guys is very risky and it's taken a while for them to develop those guys on offense.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For sometime I though Demoff would eventually have more power than anyone but Stan. I think Stan will defer to Demoff on most decisions. After Demoff got a lot of credit for the move to LA my belief has intensified. I think Demoff is going to be the GM if he already isn't.
Could be. I wonder if they feel the need for traditional roles. It may be that there is always a bit of a cross over or hybridizing of the COO/GM/HC relationship. It seems Snead crosses into the head scout area, Fisher crosses into some of the GM roles, and KD crosses into some of the GM roles as well. If they hire a new HC, does that person come in as a HC only? I also don't know if other teams do similar things with their FO. I don't really pay much attention to what other teams do with their front office.

Ram65

Legend
Could be. I wonder if they feel the need for traditional roles. It may be that there is always a bit of a cross over or hybridizing of the COO/GM/HC relationship. It seems Snead crosses into the head scout area, Fisher crosses into some of the GM roles, and KD crosses into some of the GM roles as well. If they hire a new HC, does that person come in as a HC only? I also don't know if other teams do similar things with their FO. I don't really pay much attention to what other teams do with their front office.

I think Demoff will be the last one standing between Fisher, Snead and himself.

I guess your right that there are cross over COO/GM/HC relationships. Stan IIRC has stated he likes the Pasties way/model. I looked up the NE Patsies and it appears that Belicheat has total control. It's hard to find a HC that also can pick the talent too like BB. I hope a new HC would not be have the ultimate power on personnel. Demoff may not make all personnel decisions but will has some say. He could be a tie breaker vote.

So, if the HC has the power in player decision but he can get fired by the COO who really has the ultimate power?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Snead is the GM & he came as the Snisher ?? When does it just become Snead ?? I'm curious about his future.
I think it would be a colossal mistake to attach Snead and his scouting crew to a Fisher getting fired scenario.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Demoff will be the last one standing between Fisher, Snead and himself.

I guess your right that there are cross over COO/GM/HC relationships. Stan IIRC has stated he likes the Pasties way/model. I looked up the NE Patsies and it appears that Belicheat has total control. It's hard to find a HC that also can pick the talent too like BB. I hope a new HC would not be have the ultimate power on personnel. Demoff may not make all personnel decisions but will has some say. He could be a tie breaker vote.

So, if the HC has the power in player decision but he can get fired by the COO who really has the ultimate power?
I agree that Demoff probably stays regardless. I think Stan views him as a bean counter/business manager role rather than an actual football operations guy. It seems he trusts him with negotiations and knowing how to work the cap but wants his coaches and GM making the player/personnel evaluations.

I have to say that it seems a little cleaner that way. The confusion for us seems to be more around who is more responsible for the make up of the team - Snead or Fisher. I'm going to guess that KD has a pretty good handle on that and will make his recommendations to Stan - who will make the ultimate decision on the top level positions.

Just a guess though. It would be nice to be a fly on the wall for some of these meetings between KD and Stan.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I think Stan views him as a bean counter/business manager role rather than an actual football operations guy.
Hope your right.The last thing I want to see for this team is to have a bean counter
as a GM.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I think it would be a colossal mistake to attach Snead and his scouting crew to a Fisher getting fired scenario.
Hope you're right.I am a Snead fan.
Love a GM who knows how wheel and deal.
While nobody is perfect at the art of drafting
I think Snead has done a solid job.