Hall of Fame Final 15/Warner, Pace named finalists

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
You know, Tony Ugoh was an underachiever. Levi Brown, Robert Gallery. Wayne Hunter, yes, underachiever.

What underachiever? He blocked for three MVPs. He blocked for offense that led the NFL in scoring three years in a row. He made the Pro Bowl and All Pro team just about every year he was healthy.

Pace was one of the most dominant college players ever. OSU would break off a 50 yard run and Pace would outrun his RB to the goal line, throwing blocks. He would run down DBs on INT returns in the pros. I had never seen that before.

Back in the mid 90s drafting an OT 1st overall was almost unheard of. Now no one thinks anything of it.

Pace was at the apex of his profession every level he played at. High school, college, the pros. There was not a better LT in the NFL from 1999-03. Not Jones. Not Ogden. Not Roaf.

If Pace let up at times, it's because he was so dominant he would get bored out there. The same could and was said about both Ogden and Jones.

Skipping training camp, offseason programs? Yeah, Walter did that too. Time to let it go.

Pace was every bit as good as Jones and Ogden. He's getting in first ballot. Go to Canton, watch him put on his gold jacket, and tell him in person what an underachiever he was.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Two other former Rams were also nominated in Bettis and Greene but they were from the LA days so in my book there are 4 former Rams in the top 15. Sadly The Rams organization lost 3 (Warner, Bettis, & Greene) of the 4 listed while they were still in their prime.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Warner
Pace
Seau
Coryell
Brown
Anderson

I'm looking forward to going to Canton in August!

jap

Legend
I remember when the GSOT Rams played San Diego, Marshall Faulk got hit late out of bounds by Junior Seau in front of the San diego bench. 'Lando Pace rushed over and shoved Seau hard in from of all his teammates. Not a single Charger contested Big 'Lando. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Class of 2015 Pro Football Hall
MY Picks:
Morten Andersen--Place-kicker-- Based on his points scored!
Tim Brown--Wide receiver-- It's his Time! ( Although it should be Ike!)
Don Coryell--Coach-- Best Coach NOT in the hall Yet!
Kevin Greene--Linebacker, end-- He should have gone in Last year, ahead of Strahan!

From here on I have to turn Homer:

Oralndo Pace--Tackle--Rams
Kurt Warner--Quarterback--Rams
Just my not so Humble Opinion!!:D

fearsomefour

Legend
Look at the career all timed stats, its criminal Bruce isn't on the list.
I have said before Tim Brown goes in then Bruce will follow.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't Pace average less than one holding call per year called on him over his career or some low amount like that? I thought I heard a while ago the amount of holding calls he had and it was really low
Yes, he averaged 1 holding penalty per 16 games. However, he averaged 5.8 false starts per 16 games . .. pretty high compared to Jones and Roaf and Ogden, etc.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two other former Rams were also nominated in Bettis and Greene but they were from the LA days so in my book there are 4 former Rams in the top 15. Sadly The Rams organization lost 3 (Warner, Bettis, & Greene) of the 4 listed while they were still in their prime.
Also, Bettis and Greene made the final 10 last year. If you look at who gets in, usually the guys who just missed one year make it soon there aftr. Harrison was also in the final 10 in 2014.

RamBill

Legend
Former Rams quarterback Kurt Warner is named a finalist for the NFL Hall of Fame. Warner says that he is humbled to be considered in as one of the top quarterbacks regardless if he makes it into the NFL Hall of Fame.

Watch Warner Talk HOF Nomination