Hakeem Nicks drawing trade interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/13/new-york-giants-hakeem-nicks-trade/?sct=nfl_t2_a18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/13/new-y ... nfl_t2_a18</a>

With the New York Giants winless in the season’s first six weeks, several teams are exploring the possibility of trading for Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks before the Oct. 29 trade deadline, CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora is reporting.

The San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons — who are playing without injured receivers Michael Crabtree and Julio Jones, respectively — have held internal discussions about Nicks, according to the report, while the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens are also expected to seek an upgrade at receiver.

Sources told CBS Sports that the market for Nicks, who posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in 2010 and ’11 and has 442 yards this year, would be “robust” if the Giants choose to make him available, despite the fact that he will be a free agent after the season.

From the report:

Several GMs contacted believed the Giants could get at least a third-round pick for Nicks, even if he is just a late-season “rental” who then hits the open market in March.

Nicks, 25, could end up being the highest-paid player in what looks to be a pedestrian free-agent class (tight end Jimmy Graham, for instance, is going to be franchised by the Saints if he isn’t extended), and a team acquiring the star receiver at the trade deadline would only owe him about $1.4M for the remainder of the season based on his $2.7M salary).

Nicks, a “big fan of Eli Manning,” would likely still be open to signing with the Giants even after he is traded, according to the report.

There is no ill will or hard feelings between the sides, sources said. It’s just the contrary, and Nicks has never blanched or complained about not getting an extension from the team.

Psycho_X

Legend
How'd you like to have an I. Pead at RB Giants? You need some RBs.... poke poke.... cross fingers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Psycho_X said:
How'd you like to have an I. Pead at RB Giants? You need some RBs.... poke poke.... cross fingers.

I can't help but wonder if Pead is being shopped?

I mean, he seems like the perfect player who would benefit from a fresh start.

But, I can't imagine him bringing much a return... maybe a 5th?

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Question we have to ask. Would anyone sign Pead if he was released by the Rams? I doubt he was 2nd rd talent.

iced

CGI_Ram said:
Psycho_X said:

I can't help but wonder if Pead is being shopped?

I mean, he seems like the perfect player who would benefit from a fresh start.

But, I can't imagine him bringing much a return... maybe a 5th?

If we were shopping him, we're doing a terrible job advertising him.

Notice cunningham went in there instead of Stacy.

I don't see Fisher and Snead giving up on talent though

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nicks is a great player on the field. His injury history is frightening. If he expressed the willingness to re-sign and we could get a deal tentatively hammered out, I would consider a 3rd. But I'm not sure.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Won't happen for the Rams. And even if he did, where would he fit? Who do you get rid of? Tavon, Stedman Bailey, Brian Quick, Austin Pettis, Chris Givens? Maybe Brian Quick, but why would they? Or maybe Lance Kendricks, but he's been getting more involved recently.

Why would NY get rid of him anyway...for more double coverage on Victor Cruz?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
Won't happen for the Rams. And even if he did, where would he fit? Who do you get rid of? Tavon, Stedman Bailey, Brian Quick, Austin Pettis, Chris Givens? Maybe Brian Quick, but why would they? Or maybe Lance Kendricks, but he's been getting more involved recently.

Final year of his deal and unlikely to return...probably don't want to franchise him. Get something now for him.

Who do we get rid of? No one.

He steps into Givens's role.

lockdnram21

Legend
Angry Ram said:

Se if they take stedman and a 5th. Even if he leaves after the season maybe quick can learn something . Quick said that Nicks is who he model4 his game after