Haile Diving / Fishing GoPro Videos ... Bahamas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I actually took this one. A "Honey Hole" of Bugs (lobsters).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dCFL0Mh2_o[/youtube]

One of my 14 year old twins is the real camera man,,, and owner of the GoPro. He took the rest of these.

This nurse shark clearly ate the lobsters that would have been in this spot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpOMCPyklw4[/youtube]

This one is better around 4:00 into it or so. Feeding a 5 ft stingray some fish carcasses.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTLoeko1tYE[/youtube]

This one is Abovewater on our way out to catch some tuna. The dolphins were on their way to the same spot. We were in about 7,000 ft of water when they caught up to the boat to catch a ride. The underwater lens makes it look round.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PRi6OaEf-A[/youtube]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Those are videos are sick man. That GoPro camera is dope.

Not a bad way to spend some free time either. A few lobsters, a shark, a stingray, and a couple schools of fish. Not to mention that water... Like glass. Dreamed of water like that when I used to wakeboard. :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's the life of Riley, man. Awesome vids.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll be on Island Time for a few more weeks now.

I haven't been on the internet or talked on a phone for more than a week .... Good for the soul and family .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Excellent. Yep... gonna have to get me one of those GoPros. Cracked me up too. I have two teenage boys as well. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that was them carping on each other. :sly:

Thanks for the vids George... er... uh... King.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Right On Stu.

Thought you guys might like to see some of what my other passion looks like.

My 3 sons just can't stop competing at any time. The oldest is a HS Senior and the twins are HS Freshmen. Their competitive nature worked out in my favor for a change on this trip... My entire garage freezer is completely filled with lobster, fish, and conch. They are Killers in the water. There were 2 days that I didn't really get in the water to spearfish at all, I just let them raid the reefs and collected the goodies off of the spears for them. I'd of course tell each of them that their brothers were killing way more than they are :sly:

Those GoPros can really do some cool stuff. I bought a special $80 red lens for saltwater clarity (my boy swore that he desperately needed this)... found out he never even used it. Little shit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah man - my oldest just finished his freshman year at OSU and the youngest will be a senior in HS this year. They crack me up with their banter right up to the point where I want to crack their skulls together. :sly:

Just bought my youngest a new surfboard. Thought it might be sorta cool to have him do a few videos.

I'm trying to get them into diving but around here you have to wear so much crap or a dry suit. My wife and I far prefer the bikini dives to wearing 10 mil wet suits with Farmer Johns over them. And hoodie. And booties. AND gloves. :bummed:

Getting them certified might have to wait until we head your way. My wife's brother is moving to northern FL or SC soon so we may have to crash his new pad. It'd be cool if my sons could get their classwork out of the way and just do their cert dive out there in warmer waters.

I'll let you and Paul know if we do head out there and maybe we can meet up for a drink or something.

BTW... how far off shore were you? I love the shallow reef dives. But hell - it looked like you were in about 4 feet of water. Don't need certification with a snorkel. Too cool to be able to snag a bunch of bugs without having to strap on a tank and BCD.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
RamFan503 said:
Yeah man - my oldest just finished his freshman year at OSU and the youngest will be a senior in HS this year. They crack me up with their banter right up to the point where I want to crack their skulls together. :sly:

Just bought my youngest a new surfboard. Thought it might be sorta cool to have him do a few videos.

I'm trying to get them into diving but around here you have to wear so much crap or a dry suit. My wife and I far prefer the bikini dives to wearing 10 mil wet suits with Farmer Johns over them. And hoodie. And booties. AND gloves. :bummed:

Getting them certified might have to wait until we head your way. My wife's brother is moving to northern FL or SC soon so we may have to crash his new pad. It'd be cool if my sons could get their classwork out of the way and just do their cert dive out there in warmer waters.

I'll let you and Paul know if we do head out there and maybe we can meet up for a drink or something.

BTW... how far off shore were you? I love the shallow reef dives. But hell - it looked like you were in about 4 feet of water. Don't need certification with a snorkel. Too cool to be able to snag a bunch of bugs without having to strap on a tank and BCD.

That lobster honey hole was in pretty shallow water... only about 6 - 7 ft. We have a bunch of spots like that one that we check every year,,, that one is right up against the edge of Grand Cay. Keep in mind,,, unless you're a Bahamian, you're not permitted to use air while you are spearing something,,,and no spearGUNS for anyone.

The reefs we dive there are all in fairly shallow water. We usually stick to the 25ft and under range. I'll hit some 30ft spots that I know produce big numbers,,, but these days I don't feel the need to work quite that hard. The biggest bugs aren't always in deeper water,,, this year, one of my twins popped an 8.5 pounder in like 6ft... biggest one this year for us.

The cool thing about that area is that the really deep water is less than a mile from the island. 10,000ft plus water is within sight of land. Big yellowfin tuna fishing is just minutes from the shallow reefs.

The GoPro is very cool on surfboards. My twins and I ride longboard skateboards and have taken some cool shots from them. I haven't stuck it on my surfboard yet though. They suction cup on.

If you guys come this way, give me a heads-up... maybe we can have drinks and go fishing too. :mrgreen: I owe you one anyway.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It was a pleasure to watch those videos. Thanks for sharing.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
DR RAM said:
It was a pleasure to watch those videos. Thanks for sharing.

You got it Doc,,, always happy to share with my Brethren.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now that looks like the beginnings of a really great tailgate!! :lmao:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
I owe you one anyway.

No you don't. But I might just take you up on the fishing part. Sounds like a kick in the ass.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ramhusker said:
Now that looks like the beginnings of a really great tailgate!! :lmao:

You got that right Bo. I might still have some by the tampon game. :sly:

RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:
I owe you one anyway.

No you don't. But I might just take you up on the fishing part. Sounds like a kick in the ass.

Well you may say that, but I certainly want to extend some appreciation your way. I'm going to have to place another order with you soooooooon.