Had to kill the surround sound, thanks to the "WOO" girl...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
First and foremost, love the intestinal fortitude our Rams showed in pulling out the win -- especially on the road, outside the climate-controlled environs of the dome. Sam's performance wasn't pretty -- but it was downright plucky in the 4th quarter. He and the offense found a way to make the plays and get the job done (Gordo, you can stick that "C" grade up your arse.....sideways, in fact).

Now -- on to the WOO girl.

Hoping I'm not the only one that noticed this, while watching the Rams-Bills game yesterday: obviously, there was a woman in the stands that was being picked up in the crowd mix.

Between every snap there was an unmistakably female "WOOOOOOOO" coming through in the audio -- and this lady wasn't discriminating, either:

Bills rip off a big gain? "WOOOOOOOOOOO"
Rams sack Fitz? "WOOOOOOOOOOO"
Bills PAT snap gets botched? "WOOOOOOOOOOO"
Bradford completes it to Pettis on 4th and 1? "WOOOOOOOOOOO"

(ok...you get the idea)

She was either drunk or stupid....or both. But it had gotten so bad that I had to kill the surround sound, because her "WOOOOO" was prominently coming through the rear speakers -- right next to my ear.

Anyone else notice this?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Had to kill the surround sound, thanks to the "WOO" girl

lol. I didn't notice that, but I'll listen for it when I rewatch the game, and maybe post it for your continued enjoyment. Sometimes I focus on crowd noise too - to the point that it irritates me. I remember during the second 49ers game I heard some (I presume) fat drunk guy yelling after every play too and it started to really stick in my craw.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

That's hilarious Noodle. I heard "her",,, but are you sure that wasn't Jim Kelly ?

Funny thing is, I had my TV/audio guy come by on Saturday and give my surround sound a tune-up ... I was reminded how lproper surround sound is supposed to sound.

If it wasn't Kelly,,, maybe it was The Nature Boy Marv Levy.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:
lol. I didn't notice that, but I'll listen for it when I rewatch the game, and maybe post it for your continued enjoyment. Sometimes I focus on crowd noise too - to the point that it irritates me. I remember during the second 49ers game I heard some (I presume) fat drunk guy yelling after every play too and it started to really stick in my craw.

Yeah, I really wasn't trying to focus on it -- but once I picked up on it, I found it impossible to block out.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hberg, that's great and fun to know that depending on the location of the booth, mic and TV station broadcasting, we may get different background noise. I'll check out NFL Rewind and see if it's there. You may have had the magic mic location kinda like Led Zeps "When The Levee Breaks" drum sound. I have to say, when I was at the Cards game, I was next to this couple who were probably 60+ years old. On every play, they would yell at the Cards players, like they were at a little league ball game, giving encouragement. I wish I could have turned them off. It was funny the first 10 times but to hear a grown man and woman in the stands actually thinking the players were going to respond to "it's alright boys we'll get em next time, good try, good try!" it was a bit much for 2.5 hours. :boing: I think they thought they were at an ASU game.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

My wife caught it first, but once she said it, that was all I heard for like 5 minutes or something. It might have had something to do with the shitty quality of the stream I was watching that it didn't buffer out? IDK, but damn that was a bit much.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Yeah, I heard her too. It had to be alcohol induced because she was damn consistent. I'm guessing she can't talk too good today.