Guys you would trade up for

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let's assume that we can trade into the late first round pick 30 in exchange for picks 37 and 112.

Let's make a list of who would need to be there for that trade to be a yes for the Rams.

I'm coming up under those circumstances for any of the following:

OJ Howard
David Njoku
Mike Williams
Corey Davis
John Ross
Forrest Lamp
Christian McCaffrey

I'm on the fence with Engram - i couldn't be too upset if they came up for him under these circumstances but I'm so used to seeing him mocked to us at 37 ...

Of course, if Myles Garrett is there I'm coming up for him too - but I'm thinking if we do this it's for an offensive playmaker or to lock down the center spot

Ram65

Legend
Lamp.

I think the Rams will stay but you never know. Not sure if any of them fall enough. Lamp really has the widest draft spot margin from what i've seen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wouldn't trade up for Ross, he's a better version but still a version of the types of guys we have in this WR corps. But Davis or Williams? Yes.

Other than those two wideouts, I'd avoid moving up. Not a fan of the OTs that are projected to go early, personally, would not move up for them. There are some intriguing raw types later like McDermott, the kid from UCLA, take one of them and let our new OL coach work him up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not going to bother listing players who won't possibly be there. My list:
Forrest Lamp
Corey Davis
David Njoku

Limey

Rookie
With a deep draft in positions we need, I wouldn't trade up at all. If anything, I would be tempted to try to trade down a few spots if the board seems to be going our way.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
We need playmakers, but we also need bodies, but this is an interesting theory.

If the Rams saw lets say Mike Williams fall (far fetched) I'd be happy for them to climb up for him, same goes for Corey Davis the addition of one these two guys would instantly change our offense and our WRs would be red-hot.

I would be disappointed if we moved up for Lamp, but that's just me and my dislike of picking OL guys in round 1.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We need playmakers

This reminds me... I was looking at the board in the Rams' recent video of the Nerd's Nest on their official website, and they had a lot of the "explosive" elements written on the board. For receivers it was predictable, things like yards after catch, yards in the air (which is important to consider whose stats are padded by short passing games), etc.

The reason I mention this is because a lot of fans are taking them literally on "explosive" and not realizing there are different elements in that definition than raw speed. Certainly speed is factored in, and is likely very important, but it's not the only thing they're looking at.

Anyone else notice that in the vid?

codeman

UDFA
Lamp and Davis are the only two guys I would realistically trade up for and it would have to cost a 4th or less. The roster is too weak to only come out of rounds 1-3 with one player.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dan Marino.....maybe John Elway...and with what is known now, Tom mutha fucking Brady.....

Seriously....I can't believe any of you wanna trade up....Have you seen what EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WE TRADED UP FOR HAS DONE???????

Trade down for more picks always....it's like lotto...you gotta be in it to win it....sorry...rap always clouds my process at this time...but more picks is always better...if you know what the hell you're doing.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I'm coming up under those circumstances for any of the following:

OJ Howard
David Njoku
Mike Williams
Corey Davis
John Ross
Forrest Lamp
Christian McCaffrey

If Mike Williams falls to the late 1st round I'd trade a 2nd, 4th, and 6th pick to get him, probably more if I had to. But I don't think that's a realistic possibility. As far as the other guys I'd take:

Lamp
Davis
OJ Howard
Njoku
Derek Barnett (highly unlikely he'll be there)

BeefJurky

Rookie
Davis and maybe Lamp
Really would have to be a good deal, its not worth getting fleeced for anyone to be honest, even those 2.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me, the Lamp move up would be only if I was convinced he would thrive at the center position. I wouldn't want to move up for a really good guard.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dan Marino.....maybe John Elway...and with what is known now, Tom mutha freaking Brady.....

Seriously....I can't believe any of you wanna trade up....Have you seen what EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WE TRADED UP FOR HAS DONE???????

Trade down for more picks always....it's like lotto...you gotta be in it to win it....sorry...rap always clouds my process at this time...but more picks is always better...if you know what the hell you're doing.
Yeah but the "Trader Upper" is no longer around
Heck, we traded back and got Tye Hill instead of Darell Revis so there's no certainty going that way either

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I guess I wouldn't mind trading up to 33 for John Ross. He would fit perfectly into the desean Jackson roll. Seems like a scheme fit. The injuries are scary though

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dan Marino.....maybe John Elway...and with what is known now, Tom mutha freaking Brady.....

Orlando Pace worked out nicely, I thought.