Guys, I feel the Rams are close...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

If we sign Long and pick up some legitimate weapons on O, we are close to be contenders once again...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150681/article/jake-long-hammering-out-deal-with-st-louis-rams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... louis-rams</a>

Fisher is smart and should make every pick in the draft worth it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think when we are ready we sort of burst onto the scene.

I also think losing the SB will hurt San Fran they come in 3rd in the division this year with us and the Seahogs battling for the div crown.

AZ fans have to be bummed, Boldin goes to Balt. wins a ring THEN goes to San Fran,salt in the wound.

iced

Ram_of_Old said:
If we sign Long and pick up some legitimate weapons on O, we are close to be contenders once again...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150681/article/jake-long-hammering-out-deal-with-st-louis-rams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... louis-rams</a>

Fisher is smart and should make every pick in the draft worth it.

I agree - i think we're going to burst onto the scene next season, especially the fantasy radar..

I expect Givens and Cook to show up first with quick and pead gradually coming along...

jap

Legend
I have been feeling for a very long while now that once Sam the Ram has an OL, some weapons, and an offensive scheme that he 'owns,' he will suddenly & dramatically begin to emerge as an elite QB.

Zero

Pro Bowler
jap said:
I have bee feeling for a very long while now that once Sam the Ram has an OL, some weapons, and an offensive scheme that he 'owns,' he will suddenly & dramatically begin to emerge as an elite QB.

2nd that

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
3rd that i love how fisher and snead ar building around Bradford instead of just applying a quick fix. I am amped to see what we do in this years draft

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We still have a gap to close (on paper) with the 49'ers.

But; I'm not worried about them. I focus on us.

What I like about us; we are building something. Will we win the division in 2013? I dunno. But we will be competitive and we are on our way to being a competitive team year in year out.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I posted this on that OTHER board.

"In my opinion, the Rams will upgrade the LG position early.

TE is absolutely not needed anymore.

If the want to roll with Quick and Givens then we may see them pick up an "X Factor" early (Austin, Woods)

The part that gets interesting is that you would have Kendrick's, who can line up as a TE, or fullback, Cook, who can line up as a TE, slot, and probably even out wide, Pead, who can be a running back that doubles as a receiver, and Austin (my hope), who can line up anywhere.

Mismatches all over the field."

Ithink the Rams are closer than most people think. They may be this years "surprise team"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HitStick said:
How are things over on the dark side? #neverlookback

jap

Legend
HitStick said:

"In my opinion, the Rams will upgrade the LG position early.

TE is absolutely not needed anymore.

If the want to roll with Quick and Givens then we may see them pick up an "X Factor" early (Austin, Woods)

The part that gets interesting is that you would have Kendrick's, who can line up as a TE, or fullback, Cook, who can line up as a TE, slot, and probably even out wide, Pead, who can be a running back that doubles as a receiver, and Austin (my hope), who can line up anywhere.

Mismatches all over the field."

Ithink the Rams are closer than most people think. They may be this years "surprise team"

Let's make sure we actually get Austin before we start drawing up play diagrams including him. :lol: There's talk the Steelers may want him to replace Mike Wallace. Pittsburgh drafts #17 so we would have to snare him at #16 to block that. Who knows if somebody (like Frisco with all those picks) doesn't trade up to steal him from under our noses?

If he's not there, we simply grab another wideout, preferably someone who can execute route running with high competence and can catch more than a cold.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Holes to fill: Safety, OLB, WR, RB, OT, and maybe need some shoring up at OG and DT. Sure would be nice to get a Safety and OT in FA, then draft WR, S, RB, and OLB with 1st four picks. Close then? Maybe arrived!!!!

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am a little bummed that we may have lost Long. Is it gone or can we still make a deal with him?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram_of_Old said:
I am a little bummed that we may have lost Long. Is it gone or can we still make a deal with him?

I worry we might have lost him to Miami.

But, patience is needed in these stages of FA.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Ram_of_Old said:

I worry we might have lost him to Miami.

But, patience is needed in these stages of FA.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

It appears he may have used the Rams to pad his value. Time will tell