Gurley #

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
If he runs for over 1000 yards this season ED should give his blessing and allow him to wear 29. They should even do a ceremony and everything! Lol

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Well, that's Lawerence McCutcheon's old number... so I hope he reaches out to Larry for approval first. Shouldn't be hard, has he's a team scout.
My favorite player for a couple years was McCutcheon, I was 11 and 12. Think it would be cool to have a real stud don that # again....

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I don't care which number he wears, #29 was my first LA Rams jersey, which I still have.

It's just a number. I'm more interested in the amount of 6 pointers he's going to score

jap

Legend
If he runs for over 1000 yards this season ED should give his blessing and allow him to wear 29. They should even do a ceremony and everything! Lol

1000? I was thinking more like 1500---not that I wanna place any pressure on the kid or anything. He may not play much (or at all) the first few games if The Fisher King decides to err on the side of caution with that knee. However, this is the first Rams' RB in a long while I feel has a legitimate shot at breaking Eric's 2,105 yards NFL record, established in 1984.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You mean they're not going to retire Zac Stacy's #30?

Was there any relevance to the #3 he wore in school? 30 would seem to be a good fit. Or maybe Gaines gives up #33

SierraRam

Recreational User
yup, those are some pretty tough memories.

Funny, but true story. About 10 yrs ago my wife and I are having hot fudge sundae's at Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco and I strike up a conversation with the familiy sitting next to us. The dad turns out to be Ed White, famous Guard during the 1970's Vikings teams. I proudly told him I was a lifelong Rams fan and that I hated him and Bud Grant's Vikings, and that my only solace was that they lost 4 SuperBowls.

We had a great time chatting about 1970's football. Very nice guy. He still staying in touch with the Grant familiy. And I believe he said he was now coaching at one of the San Diego universities.

Very cool Stranger! Ghiradelli Square, Hot Fudge Sundays, Football talk with a former NFL player - WOW! Ed White was a great player and now I know he's a good man too. Two of my closest childhood friends were from Minnesota, so those 70's playoff games were especially rough to deal with!

The Super Bowl victory was our high water mark, but for me, a VERY CLOSE second were our NFC playoff victories over the dreaded Cowboys in 1979 and Vikings in 1999.

FRO

Legend
Just wear 30. Saffold shouldn't have been allowed to wear 76 either. Either retire numbers or don't.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am not a fan of retiring numbers.

I get the nostalgia and all, but it's just a number to me.

I remember the name, first anyway.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, that's Lawerence McCutcheon's old number... so I hope he reaches out to Larry for approval first. Shouldn't be hard, has he's a team scout.

Hey @Stranger, it's Lawrence not "Larry" he has a brother named Larry...That's right they named their kids Lawrence & Larry. I remember on a Monday Night Football Game Cosell kept calling him "Larry" McCutcheon only to be contacted by his mother to stop calling him Larry because he had a brother named Larry. Cosell was dumbfounded.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am not a fan of retiring numbers.

I get the nostalgia and all, but it's just a number to me.

I remember the name, first anyway.

With the exception of Deacon Jones of course!

lockdnram21

Legend
28 and 39 should both be retired. If I'm Gurley I go for 30 because it's kind of the most similar to the 3 he wore in college.
Don't think 39 should be retired u can't just retire every players jersey. Hell if Holts jersey can still be worn so should Jacksons

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gurley will wear 30...It even rhymes! Or just take 32 from Brandon McGee, he isn't using it.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
You mean they're not going to retire Zac Stacy's #30?

Was there any relevance to the #3 he wore in school? 30 would seem to be a good fit. Or maybe Gaines gives up #33
I saw someone mention this on another forum. Gurley comes up wiht the $$$ to pay Mo Alexander for his #31, freeing that up for EJ Gaines (was his number in college), and Gurley takes #33. Alexander then chooses whatever number is still available, with a nice little check in his bank account.

Now that was before #30 became available... so who knows?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Most rushing yards as a rookie- 1808 in 1983
  • Most rushing yards in a season- 2105 in 1984
  • Fastest player to reach 2,000 rushing yards- 18 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 3,000 rushing yards- 27 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 4,000 rushing yards- 33 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 5,000 rushing yards- 45 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 6,000 rushing yards- 53 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 7,000 rushing yards- 63 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 8,000 rushing yards- 73 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 9,000 rushing yards- 82 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 10,000 rushing yards- 91 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 11,000 rushing yards- 103 GP
  • Fastest player to gain 1,000 yards from scrimmage- 7 GP
  • Fastest player to gain 2,000 yards from scrimmage- 14 GP
  • Fastest player to gain 4,000 yards from scrimmage- 30 GP- tied with Edgerrin James
  • Fastest player to gain 7,000 yards from scrimmage- 55 GP
  • Fastest player to gain 8,000 yards from scrimmage- 64 GP
If I'm the guy in change of uni's I tell Gurley when he does HALF of that he can have 29, then I'd hand him #30 and give him directions to the training room.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
24 is free :unsure:
It better be. Pead is getting on my nerves with how little he does. Somehow he keeps earning a paycheck, whether the injury was his fault or not, he's been useless thus far. A little bit of STs doesn't make up for it.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
It better be. Pead is getting on my nerves with how little he does. Somehow he keeps earning a paycheck, whether the injury was his fault or not, he's been useless thus far. A little bit of STs doesn't make up for it.

Ah yes Pead, I was looking at Pro-Football-Reference and they only list players who were active last year, forgot all about him, I was thinking more along the "Gurley is our Lynch" argument. Didn't mean to imply that Pead would get cut, I just completely forgot about him.

Speedr@m

Rookie
I've been a Ram fan for over 40 years. I'm hoping the 29 reference from fisher was a joke and being familiar with Dickerson I'm pretty sure he's not going t want to do that.

Dickerson and Faulk where transcendent players. The Rams should treat their numbers as such

He was #3 in college can that number not be used by a RB in the pros?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I've been a Ram fan for over 40 years. I'm hoping the 29 reference from fisher was a joke and being familiar with Dickerson I'm pretty sure he's not going t want to do that.

Dickerson and Faulk where transcendent players. The Rams should treat their numbers as such

He was #3 in college can that number not be used by a RB in the pros?

No 20-49 only for a RB, he could convert to punter and have it.