Gurley Vs Mason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I gotta say it. He really did look like Faulk and Jackson at the same time, if that's even possible. And he's not like AP, he's his own.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Mason's a decent NFL back - he can play. But Gurley is just a cut above.

I know stats don't tell everything but look at this one;

Todd Gurley: 146 rushing yards, most in a game by a Rams player since Steven Jackson had 159 in 2011 against Saints.

Gentlemen, we have ourselves a running back.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Crazy thing is in the first half neither Gurley or Mason did anything.
Think Gurley had like 4 yards in the first half. What a difference in the second half. The blocking was much better too.

fancents86

Starter
Both Mason and Gurley struggled the first half, they obviously made some changes during half time and Gurley had the hot hand. Both are great rbs IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They are different backs.

I think Gurley is the more complete back, with his size and power. But, Mason is a change up. He's got a different kind of quickness, by comparison.

Mason isn't yet 100%. One could argue Gurley isn't either. So, when healthy this is a hell of a 1-2 punch.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gentlemen, we have ourselves a Pro-Bowl running back.
Fixed it for ya exile!

Like them both...Thought Gurley woke up in a big way today...Helped by a great, road grading offensive line....Some of yall owe Fisher an apology...I know I do...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just don't want to get too over hyped about one half of football but Gurley looked awesome at times, had a scare with the fumble (was that something he did in college?). Mason had some great moments last year and I don't think he suddenly forgot how to play. He probably isn't fully healthy and the oline hasn't had a half of football like the game today. Lots of factors that point to the possibilities for this team in the near future.

Since Benny was brought up I love his fire, sure hope continues to get some time, hang on to the ball Benny.

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
Mason is a solid RB and Gurley made him look obsolete. Gurley shines bright today.

Agreed!!! Gurley was a beast today and just phenomenal in the 2nd half. Looked like 'ol number 29 out there for you St. Louis Rams' fans who remember Eric Dickerson, the greatest running back in NFL history. What I really want to see is not just one great victory but a string of them. Let's win at least 10 games this year, Rams, and to be on the safe side, let's roll up 7 or eight straight wins.
Go Rams!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Benny Cunningham is better than mason at this point. Better blocker and makes yards on his own. On the TD to Austin, He picked up a delayed blitz that allowed foles to double pump and make the throw. Benny has flat out earned the right to play along side Gurley.
Benny also looked pretty good in the return game, even if penalties called them back! That can be fixed!!