Gurley Vs Mason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Mason is a solid RB and Gurley made him look obsolete. Gurley shines bright today.

V3

Hall of Fame
Where the heck did Mason go? I saw him once and then nothing. No offense to Benny but Mason is much better as a RB(though Benny did have a nice pass-block late)

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley was breaking through arm tackles with relatively no issue. He's such a force coming through those running lanes.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Gurley is absolutely going to be great for us

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where the heck did Mason go? I saw him once and then nothing. No offense to Benny but Mason is much better as a RB(though Benny did have a nice pass-block late)
Benny blocks and gurley breaks big runs. Mason has done neither this season. I think he'll get some change of pace carries eventually

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
It seems as if Gurley will be the bell cow with Benny as the 3rd down back. Benny is also a better blocker than Mason, which doesn't help Mason's case for getting on the field. Mason will still get some snaps, of course, but his playing time is in for a steep decline.

He does provide invaluable depth at the RB position for when injuries inevitably strike.

Ultimately, I don't expect Mason to be here long term. He probably leaves at the first chance. Understandably so. I think he could start somewhere else.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I am a huge Gurley fan....but also a big fan of Mason.....I think as our running game gets going more consistently throughout the year...both men will be huge for us....as will Cunningham. .... knock on wood but I feel very comfortable about the direction our offense is....and our very strong stable of backs..... ;)

Go Rams......... ;)

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I don't think that Mason is 100%. The hammy I bet is bothering him.

TheBunk

Rookie
I rather Mason be instead of Benny. Way too many mental errors on his part. The sooner his role gets reduced, the better.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Gurley is life, Gurley is my Bae. Gurley is pure amazement!!!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Benny Cunningham is better than mason at this point. Better blocker and makes yards on his own. On the TD to Austin, He picked up a delayed blitz that allowed foles to double pump and make the throw. Benny has flat out earned the right to play along side Gurley.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
idk why we gotta compare the two so much. Mason's still speeder than Gurley but Gurley has the power. it's an awesome 1-2 punch if the line can run block consistently. and they'll both be under contract for a while so enjoy it while it lasts. and don't forget about Benny being the glue that's held it together.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I also don't think that Mason is 100%.

Benny is the 3rd down back.

If we play, like we want to, like the 2nd half, there will be enough carries for everyone, but Gurley will get the lion's share. As he should, he's special. I don't think he was down in the 1st half, and that would have been a score. On a couple runs, he looked so smooth out there.

He's so fluid, and he still a little rusty. Guys, he has great hands too, just wait til we unleash him down the field.

Big Willie

Starter
I will be curious as to how the offensive lineman grade out as I believe an exceptional RB can make even a pedestrian OL look good. And, Gurley looks that part as an exceptional RB so far. He showed better vision on his run reads this game than he did last week. I just hope he keeps getting better.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Gurley is the full package, you can already see that he can block , catch and run. Smart, too.