Gurley must be Ecstatic!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Imagine how much easier his job is going to be if we get a legitimate QB. At this point I'd be happy with Goff or Wentz and I'm sure Gurley will be too. Our running game is just going to get THAT much better once we have a passing attack. Add in a young O-line that should be much improved next year and you have a recipe for success. Playoffs here we come!!

P.S. The 49ers are probably sick to their stomach.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Yes. Wentz will be the savior. Fact is he doesn't even have to be that great, he just has to be enough of a legitimate QB that his presence simply brings all the pieces together. Opponents can't focus on Gurley, the o-line will be improved as you said, and key is a more rested and confident defense knowing their efforts aren't in vain now. Wentz being just "not suck" gets the Rams a shot at the Super Bowl now.

re: the p.s., I hate any negativity and know it's fun to rip on the Whiners, but as a lifelong card carrying member of the Rams Luck(TM) Club, I can't discount the worst case scenario where the 49ers trade up to #2 for Goff, give up far less picks, and Goff turns out better than Wentz we would never hear the end of it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And on the other side of the spectrum. Keenum be like....

rbGY7.gif

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Yes. Wentz will be the savior. Fact is he doesn't even have to be that great, he just has to be enough of a legitimate QB that his presence simply brings all the pieces together. Opponents can't focus on Gurley, the o-line will be improved as you said, and key is a more rested and confident defense knowing their efforts aren't in vain now. Wentz being just "not suck" gets the Rams a shot at the Super Bowl now.

re: the p.s., I hate any negativity and know it's fun to rip on the Whiners, but as a lifelong card carrying member of the Rams Luck(TM) Club, I can't discount the worst case scenario where the 49ers trade up to #2 for Goff, give up far less picks, and Goff turns out better than Wentz we would never hear the end of it.

Fully agreed on the awesome potential Wentz has to transform this offence. Fingers crossed he reaches it. I can't agree on the underlined though. If we are just seeking a "legitimate QB" at the NFL level we should have kept the picks and sought it either via trade, free agency, or the draft.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
Imagine how much easier his job is going to be if we get a legitimate QB. At this point I'd be happy with Goff or Wentz and I'm sure Gurley will be too. Our running game is just going to get THAT much better once we have a passing attack. Add in a young O-line that should be much improved next year and you have a recipe for success. Playoffs here we come!!

P.S. The 49ers are probably sick to their stomach.

I am sure the highest rated QB they pick is pretty darn happy he is not going to Cleveland also!!
Now that they have "CONTROL" it would surprise me if they traded back if they have several Qbs ranked evenly. I think losing all these draft picks may help their cap structure as they have been picking to high for to long !

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I can't agree on the underlined though. If we are just seeking a "legitimate QB" at the NFL level we should have kept the picks and sought it either via trade, free agency, or the draft.
Agreed, I just meant even if he struggles starting as a rookie.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
[QUOTE="Fatbot, post: 733748, ].

re: the p.s., I hate any negativity and know it's fun to rip on the Whiners, but as a lifelong card carrying member of the Rams Luck(TM) Club, I can't discount the worst case scenario where the 49ers trade up to #2 for Goff, give up far less picks, and Goff turns out better than Wentz we would never hear the end of it.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry the last time they were in this position they picked smith over arod.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Don't worry the last time they were in this position they picked smith over arod.
Haha yes great reminder. But viewed through all of our crushed spirit Ram fan goggles, we just paid six premium draft picks to have a 50/50 chance the guy we choose between Goff & Wentz is the better of the two, and probably a 25% chance he becomes the next Ryan Leaf or tears his ACL in training camp. Not sure whether to post the "what could possibly go wrong?" or Lloyd Christmas odds meme.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
But Fisher said we'd never pick at the top of the draft again......:unsure::sneaky:

Actually, he said we'd never be drafting #2 again, so that is true here.

Of course, the Redskins made a liar out of him when they flopped in 2013 and yielded us the #2 pick of the 2014 draft. :)

jap

Legend
But Fisher said we'd never pick at the top of the draft again......:unsure::sneaky:

So the 'Statch lied! What's new? :sneaky:

If Todd is excited enough, I'm positive his friend Eric Dickerson is wild with joy for him. As great as Eric was, he never really had a truly solid QB to take the pressure off him. Maybe Todd will be luckier.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Wentz ....... you're willing to trade (2) #2's, (1) #3, and next years #1 & #3 for a guy who only has 23 collegiate starts in a lower division of competition and has never been pressured and knocked down by Div 1 (FBS) caliber defenders? On the other hand, Goff has been pressured and knocked around by PAC-12 defenders, many of them NFL caliber. And, Goff was never phased by any of it. He just kept his focus and kept improving each season.