Gurley / Mason series swapping

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How does everyone feel about how the Rams are using Mason a full series when spelling Gurley?

I'd rather Mason be mixed in, as opposed to sitting Gurley the full series.

Mason looks like his quickness is back, so he gives a different look. I definitely like seeing him get carries... Just not sure I care for the way the Rams do it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@CGI_Ram In this, the season after an ACL....seems like a great plan....Now, if we were still in the hunt...could control out destiny....No way I'd be cool with Gurley splitting carries with ANYBODY.

DenverRam

Starter
i would prefer rams use 2 back sets. With both Gurley and Mason in game at same time. Especially in shotgun, kind of use Mason as another WR.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have no ideal how a NFL team with RB's like Todd Gurley, Tavon Austin. Tre mason & Benny Cunningham would ever have to throw the ball and not have 14 wins right now :thinking:?

Could you imagine what the Patriots would give to have those four healthy RB horses right now instead of a woredown wornout Steven Jackson:shocked:?

I am just fine with giving Mason, Cunningham & Austin all a chance to run the ball at this stage of the season. I do not want to see Todd Gurley take any unnecessary hits for nothing but a 8-8 season with no chance of the playoffs.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
How does everyone feel about how the Rams are using Mason a full series when spelling Gurley?

Mason looks like his quickness is back, so he gives a different look. I definitely like seeing him get carries... Just not sure I care for the way the Rams do it.

agree fully

Alan

Legend
When you bring in a player for just one play instead of a whole series the defense will key on him so unless hes a decoy what's the point as far as mason is concerned? I like the way they're doing it. Mason needs reps too. It's not often that I agree with Fish so I'm rethinking this even as I type it. :LOL:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think it takes yards away from Gurley and w/ the exception of tis week....has put the defense back on the field too quick. While Mason has some ability, it's no where near the value of Gurley. I would like to see Gurley get a few more touches as he always seems to get a big one off about carries 10-15. But carries 15-20 some odd, would also increase the chances of him going off. Our passing game is minimalistic.....but because of Gurley the defense has to keep more in the box. They don't have to do that to shut down Mason.

FrankenRam

Starter

I wouldn't mind seeing them mix in Mason for a set of downs rather than a full series. And if they happened to get a first down on first down, leave him in for the next set of downs as well. Basically, try & mix him in for several (pick a number) consecutive plays in a series.

Of course, with the number of '3 & outs' the Rams O has generated this year, a 'full series' frequently is a 'set of downs', so maybe I'm just splitting hairs with this idea.

FRO

Legend
I would get Mason on the field a lot these last two games. We aren't going to the playoffs so we don't want Gurley getting hurt and it would be good for Mason to show off his skills for trade purposes. I'm good with going into next season with Cunnjngham as the number 2 will Gurley being the man.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would get Mason on the field a lot these last two games. We aren't going to the playoffs so we don't want Gurley getting hurt and it would be good for Mason to show off his skills for trade purposes. I'm good with going into next season with Cunnjngham as the number 2 will Gurley being the man.

I'm not. We need Mason on this team.

Running backs take a beating. You need depth at every position, but especially RB.

Just ask Seattle and New England.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I'm not. We need Mason on this team.

Running backs take a beating. You need depth at every position, but especially RB.

Just ask Seattle and New England.

Agreed. It might seem like we only need one running back right now, but it is only because we can't convert enough 3rd downs to even justify giving Gurley a breather. Plus he's on my FF team so resting him the next 2 games is unacceptable.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I openly lauded the decision during the game. A fresh Gurley in the 4th quarter is deadly.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can envision the Rams using Gurrrrley, Mason, and Cunningham much the same way Don Shula used FB Larry Csonk, RB Jim Kiick, and KR Mercury Morris in the '70's! With Tavon mixed in their it could prove to be "Unstoppable!!"