Gurley instagram post before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I wonder
Since Gurley clearly loves Fisher
Who was the Middle School offense comment meant for - Boras?
That comment sure as heck didnt help Coach Fisher's job status

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Guess that explains who had the final say for our draft picks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice to see the gesture by the players. But it wasn't their fault man. Fish got what he had comin, and I still respect the guy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder
Since Gurley clearly loves Fisher
Who was the Middle School offense comment meant for - Boras?
That comment sure as heck didnt help Coach Fisher's job status
He already said it was on the players. Presumably for not executing, but I think he got fed up with the clowning on the sidelines during the game and in the locker room after a loss. I know it was wearing on me, but who knows. It's just a guess.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
He already said it was on the players. Presumably for not executing, but I think he got fed up with the clowning on the sidelines during the game and in the locker room after a loss. I know it was wearing on me, but who knows. It's just a guess.

You can really see this losing is killing Gurley

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Nice to see the gesture by the players. But it wasn't their fault man. Fish got what he had comin, and I still respect the guy.

He gave Boras the OC job. The year before he gave it to Cignetti. And he gave it to Schotty before that. That's three fireable offenses (pardon the pun) right there. And for as good of an eye he had for defensive coaching talent, he had virtually no talent for recognizing offensive coaching talent.

FRO

Legend
The players always played hard for Fish. They did let him down and he let them down. It's a results oriented business. The results have been a lot of losses. Team had no choice but to change direction.

I think Fisher may be a moderately successful college coach. Players love him and truly do want to play for him. Maybe he can recruit very well. I think he's done as an NFL coach.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Says a lot

I don't question their heart.....glad they're on my team

FRO

Legend
He gave Boras the OC job. The year before he gave it to Cignetti. And he gave it to Schotty before that. That's three fireable offenses (pardon the pun) right there. And for as good of an eye he had for defensive coaching talent, he had virtually no talent for recognizing offensive coaching talent.
He passed on Hue Jackson to hire Schotty. That was a major blunder.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I obviously didn't intend for this to become another platform to rail on Fisher. I just thought it was a nice gesture by Gurley and Austin. Like Al Michaels said, a lot of times when a coach is fired, there's some celebration by the players. But not this locker room. A lot of them really were bummed out about it, and a lot of them took responsibility for it. That's pretty cool. I don't absolve Fisher of all blame, either. I just thought it was a nice testament to his interpersonal skills and his ability to get them to play hard until the very end. So all that bullshit about him losing the team was just that. It's simply a results business.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He passed on Hue Jackson to hire Schotty. That was a major blunder.
We're talking about the same Hugh Jackson of the winless Browns, right? The guy who, in frustration, took off his headset, gave the playcalling to Pep Hamilton, and stopped communicating with the offense - and the QB - against the Bengals this year?

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I obviously didn't intend for this to become another platform to rail on Fisher. I just thought it was a nice gesture by Gurley and Austin. Like Al Michaels said, a lot of times when a coach is fired, there's some celebration by the players. But not this locker room. A lot of them really were bummed out about it, and a lot of them took responsibility for it. That's pretty cool. I don't absolve Fisher of all blame, either. I just thought it was a nice testament to his interpersonal skills and his ability to get them to play hard until the very end. So all that bullcrap about him losing the team was just that. It's simply a results business.
We may have lost tonight, but the team played like they were seriuosly pissed off.
I'm sure they feel the guilt of Fisher's firing.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We're talking about the same Hugh Jackson of the winless Browns, right? The guy who, in frustration, took off his headset, gave the playcalling to Pep Hamilton, and stopped communicating with the offense - and the QB - against the Bengals this year?

Still a better OC than Schotty, Cigs, or Boras. Not even close.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna miss fisher roaming the sidelines. Results based business it is. Bummer that he couldn't succeed. I really wanted him to be our coach for a while.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

If that's the guy who had the Raiders at .500 when they were void of talent, then yeah.

I like Fisher. Always have. This gesture by the players doesn't surprise me one bit. But there's no question dude sealed his own fate by failing to field an NFL offense.

I'm glad Austin and Gurley are a part of this team, and we have Fisher to thank for that.

FRO

Legend
The same guy who was a quality OC for the Bengals the previous year's. Don't think any coach is winning with the Browns and losing brings frustration.