Gurley, Havenstein & Brown Could Start for the Rams/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
While Greg Robinson was already set to take Long's spot, the Rams maintained some level of interest in Barksdale. Until Havenstein arrived

As I recall, the Rams had a better offer on the table than the Chargers and never retracted it. I'm not sold on the narrative that the Rams weren't, and aren't, shopping for veterans and making solid offers.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
If Havenstein/Brown don't start who is going too? The article makes no sense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
let the fireworks begin...3 rookie starters...on this team...shows excellent scouting...well, only if the rookies play well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think Gurley will start week one, he'll be eased in. How quickly depends on how well Mason is doing!
The other two will probably start week one! and once all three are going, " Look the F out!!"

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am just fine with that rookie starting duo myself. They fit nicely on that right side. Very large big healthy OL'ers that started many games in college. They are our future & might as well start now. I do not see any other duo that would be better. Let them learn together & work things out.

As the article indicated Boudreau seems to prefer that the versatile veteran Garrett Reynolds to back both of them up if there were a hiccup. All I can say now is wow that's a lot of young prime beef on the strong side OL.

Reynolds has been showing off his versatility by working with the first team OL @ left OG. There had been some questions here a few months back if Reynolds had worked the left side in his 7 yrs. I would think he may be a better OLG than ORG.

The fact that the 6-2 320 pound Brandon Washington fill in for Robinson @ OLT a surprise but I have always said he played left side much better than right side. It also say too that the back up to Robinson in 2015 remains a very big question mark?

I sure would not look for that to occur. With so many Ram interior OL'ers (nine) presently on this roster i.e. Saffold, Reynolds, Brown, Washington, Wickmann, Wang, Barnes, Jones & Rhaney the issue would seem to me to be on the exterior. Donnal entered college as a swing OT & did get some OG action & starts but being over 6-6 a a little over 310 pounds he could fill the bigger need as a swing OT on this roster. The book as I have read from many posters here is he is smart & technically very sound but weak in the power & strength area.
He still looks raw(Donnal),Washington in a photo the other day at LT sure looks good.I just like the way he plays.
Have no problem with Hav & J. Brown starting.Tim Barnes is hungry & was probably the best center The Rams had even 2 seasons ago. If he stayed healthy all the way through training camp last season,who knows what would have happened.
Does it look like the OL is starting further away on snaps now ?? The center looks like they are snapping the ball further in front of the O/L.Wonder what the rule reads about how far from the ball you have to line up from the ball vs the center ??