Gurley #1 RB in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend

"I am starting to get annoyed by people saying that Johnson and Rawls are as good as or better than Todd. Seahawks fans in particularly seem to think Rawls is a better running back. I think both he and Johnson will be good running backs in the future but to say they are on Gurley's level is a big stretch. Gurley is athletically superior than both of them in about every way.

It's also not really fair to compare numbers between the 3 because Gurley had to carry the load for most of the season while they didn't. Also they are in much better positions from a offensive standpoint. For Rawls, defenses have to worry about Wilson throwing downfield or taking off on a run. If they stack the box then Wilson will burn them with Baldwin, Graham, and Lockett all to throw to. Same thing for David Johnson. Defenses are worried about Carson Palmer and that loaded WR corps for the Cardinals. If defenses stack the box they will get carved up. Meanwhile, Gurley is facing constant 8-10 man boxes because our passing game is atrocious."

spot on post

train

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Nice. That was a good pick for sure. Much better than Gordon.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't and never will care who might compare Gurley or any other player to another...If they think their guy is better, so what ???

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
True.
Although I view one Hawks web site where some dufus Cards fan was posting that TG was not that good etc.
And he was posting with a Hawks fan and actually asked the Hawks fan if he would trade Rawls straight across for Gurley - and the Hawks fan just replied "YES" -

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Nice. That was a good pick for sure. Much better than Gordon.

Remember when that was an actual debate?? The entire pre-draft process was Gurley vs Gordon, as if Gordon was even close. A lot of "experts" picked Gordon as the better back too. We've seen how that turned out. Any running back from Wisconsin is not to be trusted. Their O-line made him look WAY better than he was.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
And then... 2017, and then 2018, and then 2019,AND THEN and then and... then.[GALLERY=media, 33]2016-02-18-20-51-21-867362113 by BatteringRambo posted Feb 18, 2016 at 8:53 PM[/GALLERY]

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopefully Gurley's play will cause the morons to STFU when he leads the league in yardage and fills ESPN highlights with him truckin DBs. I'm not worried, barring injury this guy has destiny written all over him.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Towler...Matson...Arnett...Bass...McCutcheon...Dickerson...Bell...Bettis...Faulk...Jackson...Gurley...keep the great back train rolling!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
In college Gordon always had help in the backfield in terms of a lead blocker. He is going to have to learn to be a single back guy, I don't understand why the Chargers kind of ignored this. TG is without a doubt the better single back set RB. Gordon has a bit of a learning curve ahead and the Chargers just may need to help him out a bit with their run game philosophy and we all know how HC's snd OC's love to change up their philosophies to help players. TG30 was the pick of the litter over the last several drafts at that position, hands down, end of story.