Guess who's (Reportedly) back. Back again. Jo-Lonn's back. Tell a friend

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
There are 31 other teams which have LBs and some are willing to make trades...so I don't have to support my "theory"...it's how things work in football.
So in your world there is a team out their willing to trade away a player better then Dunbar that's already familiar with our system?

Also please do elaborate who we would give or what would we have to give up to get him?

It just doesn't make sense trade a player/draft pick for someone

OR

bring in a player who knows our defensive system and doesn't cost anything outside of money

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Honestly, I'd rather just give Hager a roll out. Give the kid some snaps. He's got speed and can lay some wood.

RamWoodie

Legend
So in your world there is a team out their willing to trade away a player better then Dunbar that's already familiar with our system?

Also please do elaborate who we would give or what would we have to give up to get him?

It just doesn't make sense trade a player/draft pick for someone

OR

bring in a player who knows our defensive system and doesn't cost anything outside of money
For starters I wouldn't do a thing just yet. I'd give Bates his shot. He did well. Ayers did also...so it's not like Dunbar is a need. Ayers is the "next man up" according to Fisher.

Dunbar became an avg LB without the PEDs so he's just an expense since he's a vet and would have to be paid more than an LB that's younger equal to his skill or better.

As for what the Rams would give up...there are plenty of RBs on the roster, more than the Rams need...you can start there looking at trade possibilities.

The Rams defensive system isn't so sophisticated that only Dunbar fits!!!

Last edited:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I'd like to see the younger guys get a chance to play. Dunbar's a tackler though. Smart move.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It doesn't necessarily mean he'll be starting, but it's a good decision for depth since he could step right in, if need be.

I agree. Would have preferred they wait until after the BYE, giving Bates & Hager an opportunity. With Dunbar returning, perhaps Ayers moves over and gets them both on the field at the same time Either way, we're likely going to be seeing more Barron sub-packages. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully he's roided up and ready to work.

^ THIS. Not too sure he'll work out tbh, really lost a lot of speed over the course of one season. But it's nice he knows the defense for now, and we'll see how it goes I guess.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Predictable move, knows the system like the back of his hand and can help teach our younger guys things.

Only downside is that he's been painfully mediocre since he stopped roiding.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good news is that the staff will have an extra week after the GB game to sort it all out.

Limey

Rookie
Without the juice he looks washed up to me. Hopefully he is just back for depth and to help mentor the younger guys. I would much rather see Hager, Bates or Lynch get the playing time opposite Ayers when they want a LB in, and more Barron when they don't.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Good depth move. Just because they signed him doesn't mean Bates or anyone else won't get a shot. They needed a guy and Dunbar needs no studying or introduction to the staff. Besides, if Ayers is Ogletree's replacement, that means either Bates or Dunbar will only be on the field for approx 10-30 % of the snaps anyway. Against a passing team like GB I expect Barron to play. And, if Barron continues to play as well as he has been, big nickel might become base defense as well. Point is, the replacement is actually going to be playing the least critical starting position on this whole team, IMO anyway.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I can't imagine he's coming in with the expectation of getting meaningful snaps. The team seems to really like the young guys (along with Ayers playing SLB on those rare 4-3-4 moments). Dunbar is a good veteran who always seemed to be as valuable in the locker room as he was on the field. Physical skills decline, but a smart vet for depth is still useful to have.

fearsomefour

Legend
Im not too worried with an Ayers/Barron rotation. I wanted to see Bates get some reps too.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Hello @RamWoodie - allow me finish this quote with a suggestion: "ignore button"
So the way you deal with someone probing for meaningful debate and the providing a counter point is to ignore them?

I think woodie handled himself well and provided a decent point which Is what I was trying to decipher.