Guard/Center John Moffitt wants to return to the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
John Moffitt - G - Free Agent
Free agent OG John Moffitt wants to return to the NFL.

Moffitt, 28, retired in November 2013 due to drug issues. He's since cleaned up his life and has been training the past three months with an eye toward returning to the league. The former No. 75 overall pick in 2011 by the Seahawks, Moffitt was an All-American at offensive lineman-friendly Wisconsin. Moffitt (6-foot-4, 319) is a nasty mauler in the trenches who can play guard or center.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Jun 17 - 11:30 AM

I remember liking this guy coming out of the draft. Maybe the rams will take a flier?? at least bring him into camp and see what hes got. He could be a perfect fit for this offense or at least good depth.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Couldn't hurt to bring him in for a Look-see!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Can hardly remember him myself....and went to Wisconsin....maybe if we end up cutting Barnes or Jones...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams still need depth along that line... can't hurt to test drive him a little.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The guy has missed the last season and almost a half...I'm thinking I wouldn't take reps from the young guys through camps...I could certainly be wrong, I don't really know anything about him...Maybe that's not being fair to him..It just seems like that's an awfully long time to get back...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy has missed the last season and almost a half...I'm thinking I wouldn't take reps from the young guys through camps...I could certainly be wrong, I don't really know anything about him...Maybe that's not being fair to him..It just seems like that's an awfully long time to get back...
I'm guessing it wouldn't take long to determine if he's in football shape and has retained any of his skills?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
All I remember about Moffitt is that he got in trouble for public urination at the mall or something.

Debacled

Starter
He was pretty terrible the whole time he was in the NFL. Could've been related to the said drug issues though

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This guy had not only on the field issues but life issues. Like having a hard time fitting in with human being issues. Not only that but he never played a full season. I'd say pass.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This guy had not only on the field issues but life issues. Like having a hard time fitting in with human being issues. Not only that but he never played a full season. I'd say pass.
So he's a Richie Incognito, minus the talent?