GTA 5=Amazing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have only put in a couple hours, but this game is so detailed its rediculous. I love it so far.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Nice!
I'll be playing it hopefully within a few hours. I have an old school 40GB fat PS3 that has somehow lasted 6 years,but the disk drive finally failed a few months ago. My plan was to just download the game from the network(which i did for COD Blk ops)...but the GTA V game install requires 36GB :shock:
No dice.

So i said fuck it, went out today and bought a 500GB PS3 GTA V bundle from Target for $269. I had a $100 Target giftcard to soften the blow. I miss my blu ray films anyway. Transferring my data as we speak. Cant wait to get this game going.

Were you a fan of GTA IV? I felt it lacked in fun unlike San Andreas.

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
Gta4 was definitely lacking in content, but the engine and multiplayer had me coming back. Me and my friends LAN our computers up several times a week, and often we would play the GTA4 multiplayer. Wicked fun. Unfortunately they're not releasing GTA5 on Pc. I got it for ps3 but I can't imagine myself playing it much.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Played it for about an hour, only did a few missions, but so far I love it. After I turned it off I checked the map in the box, and holy shit it's big. I can't wait until I get further into the game (probably over the weekend) and explore the map more. I'm going to have some really fun times running from the cops on that map.

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
Does anyone else find it hard to run from the cops? I mean, it's more realistic than in 4 but it takes them forever to stop searching for you.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Guy Mansworth said:
Does anyone else find it hard to run from the cops? I mean, it's more realistic than in 4 but it takes them forever to stop searching for you.

I did notice that, but I was able to hide out for about a minute off the road and I lost them.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
Guy Mansworth said:

What I've found for 1 or 2 stars is just to drive against traffic to lose the ones behind you, and then you can see on your map the ones ahead and turn down another street, seems to work pretty fast.

I got it at midnight last night and I didn't really do any missions, just drove so I could have most of the map revealed.

I randomly called 911 and stole the fire truck in the desert, ended up crashing in a big river and there was a boat nearby. So took that and just started driving in a giant circle around the map. The river somehow got smaller to where it was maybe 15 feet across, which was actually kind of fun, reminded me of rafting down rapids.

Kept seeing a lot of deer on the edge of the water so I stopped driving (yet thhe boat kept going down the rapids, cool!) and just decided to hunt aka shoot some as I went down.

I somehow ended up at a big Air Force base. Killed the one guard and got 5 stars, ducking humvees and tanks came out!!!

Luckily the entire base has an outer walkway around it with fences and cement on either side, so I walked from the guard station about a mile around until there was an opening, and I could tell there was an air strip. I saw a jet and got way too excited and made a mad dash too it. Which of course lasted 3 seconds before I was gunned down lol. Awesome

Tonight I've been more mission oriented. Got to the point where you unlock Franklin and the second character, forgot his name. I think I'm about to meet the third. But even with the two it's so awesome to switch between them wherever they are in the world! :)

Oh yeah and I watched 5 minutes of this weird French movie in the movie theater. At first it was funny but after a bit it was just strange and a downer. Kind of like a mad scientist was strapping me down and making me watch random dark clips of things lol.

All in all good so far! The radio stations are amazing

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
El Juggernauto said:
I have only put in a couple hours, but this game is so detailed its rediculous. I love it so far.
Is it better than IV? I thought IV was not so great, and I've been hesitant to buy this one because of the last one.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It blows 4 away. Each character has his own set of skills. You can build up skills for each guy, they are all pretty damn customizable too. The vehicle customization is great too, being a country guy, I wish you could lift the trucks tho. You sure as hell can lower them and disgrace them. Lol weapons can be customized, adding surpressors, extended clips, scopes, flashlights...even paint jobs. And the graphics....Holy hell.

bluecoconuts

Legend
One of the things I love is recognizing streets/areas of LA and knowing how it looks in real life. They do a very good job of it as well.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
One of the things I love is recognizing streets/areas of LA and knowing how it looks in real life. They do a very good job of it as well.

Yeah I like doing that too

Ebonemalone

Rookie
brokeu91 said:
El Juggernauto said:
Is it better than IV? I thought IV was not so great, and I've been hesitant to buy this one because of the last one.

Have you read much about it? Go watch a review. It is the great story of 4 mixed with all the random fun stuff of San Andreas, but MORE. it is definitely better man!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guy Mansworth said:

Once you get some distance, change cars quickly. It makes it much easier to lose them.

And yea, it's amazing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"My" Trevor and his custom off-road BF Injection :cheese:
...and he only listens to Rebel radio.

Attachments

• downsized_0921131519.jpg
    downsized_0921131519.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 143

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
any of you guys playing it on PS3? let me know and we can hook up when the online servers drop. :mrgreen:

the game is very good.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Finally broke down and bought this. Downloaded it and now its downloading the extra packs. Had to DL onto Xbox since PS3 has no more room on it :( oh well. can't fkn wait, so excited. Was going to get COD Ghosts since i love call of duty, but after reading the reviews on how its not very good and took a step back from BO2, went for GTAV instead.