GSOT2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This has to stop. It's insulting to the original members of that amazing team. Players who went out and smoked everyone and were dubbed GSOT. They didn't name themselves. I am seeing to many tweets and post even on here with people saying it. I say we have no Warner(this year will tell) certainly no Faulk, and I wouldn't dare say anyone on this team can run a route tree with Torry or Isaac. Now, don't get me wrong. I hope they come out and make our old squad look just that, old. But I won't be putting the cart before the horse on this one.

iced

I agree. Tired of it. Rather hear a different team name

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment of this thread,but i also understand the excitement involved in those who've dubbed this thing the GSOT2 or whatever.

I certainly won't be calling anyone out for it. Lets face it,this offense,hell,this team has been really bad for quite some time. The history in St Louis is a relatively short one,so i can understand how some would want to "latch on" to those successful, elite years...and i personally dont have a problem with it.

Is it premature? Hell yes it is...lol.
Is it disrepectful to those players who earned that monicker? Not in my opinion.

I'm all in favor of a fresh, new nickname if this new offense proves to be something elite and worth talking about throughout the league...but this GSOT part deux banter is simply pure excitement and enthusiasm from some suffering Rams fans.

Again,just my take. It doesnt bother me.
I wonder why it would bother Warner,Marshall,Bruce,Torry etc...? After all,its the St Louis Rams we're talking about. Its not like this GSOT2 business is getting attached to any other NFL team...now THAT would be insulting and upsetting to me.

tagfeet

UDFA
Ok,

Since the starting WR's are very young...I have the first next generation nickname....the Greatest Show on turf has turn into......

"THE FIRECRACKER KIDS"

That name screams young, dangerous, explosive, and exciting!

You guys are dead on...GST was truly memorable but this group deserves!

What do you guys think?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
One huge problem (IMO) with the idea of the next coming of the GSOT. No Mad Mike.

Fish is going to build a sustained winner and we better hope he doesn't utilize the Martz "get your QB killed" philosophy.

Don't look for GSOT type offensive production. But look for a very good team on both sides of the ball.

And yeah - the GSOT rhetoric is old and stale.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Faulk actually tweeted something pertaining to this matter not long ago when folks were referring to the Falcons as the new GSOT. He wasn't to happy about it

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Let's work on it. Let's try not to refer to GSOT when talking about this new soon to be phenom of a team. But like someone said, this team isn't going to ride success on one side of the ball. Our D will definitely have an identity. So let's put our heads together and start something. We will know when someone says it. We will all know.

And "Firecracker kids"? No, that's not it but nice start.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
El Juggernauto said:
Faulk actually tweeted something pertaining to this matter not long ago when folks were referring to the Falcons as the new GSOT. He wasn't to happy about it
As stated it is insulting when attached to another team but I doubt he gets offended about a rams team getting subleted this by excited fans

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Ramhusker said:
Let's work on it. Let's try not to refer to GSOT when talking about this new soon to be phenom of a team. But like someone said, this team isn't going to ride success on one side of the ball. Our D will definitely have an identity. So let's put our heads together and start something. We will know when someone says it. We will all know.

How bout the Bradford bunch lol jk referencing the Brady bunch of course lmao

Psycho_X

Legend
Thank god this thread is what I thought it wasn't. I was coming in here about to make the same rant about NOT throwing around the term "GSOT" anymore out of respect for thee "GSOT". Glad it was a thread of like minded individuals lol. I cringe every time I hear someone compare the newest flavor of the month offense year to year as the "next GSOT". The last thing I want is Rams fans and media using it to compare the new Rams. Especially before they've played a down.

Last thing Jeff Fisher probably wants to be compared to is the GSOT either lmao.

I can't wait for these kids to make a name for themselves though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Rabid Ram said:
Ramhusker said:

How bout the Bradford bunch lol jk referencing the Brady bunch of course lmao

LOL, yeah I got that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Psycho_X said:
Thank god this thread is what I thought it wasn't. I was coming in here about to make the same rant about NOT throwing around the term "GSOT" anymore out of respect for thee "GSOT". Glad it was a thread of like minded individuals lol. I cringe every time I hear someone compare the newest flavor of the month offense year to year as the "next GSOT". The last thing I want is Rams fans and media using it to compare the new Rams. Especially before they've played a down.

Last thing Jeff Fisher probably wants to be compared to is the GSOT either lmao.

[b]I can't wait for these kids to make a name for themselves though.
[/b]

You got it. They will make a name for themselves but it might be one of us that coins the phrase. Somebody somewhere will say it and it will stick.

RamsNation

Rookie
I agree it's way to pre mature,but I don't find it disrespectful at all.Its all in good spirits,the fan base hasn't had much to cheer for on drafts days in some years.We killed it this year and yea ppl are going a little over board but id rather positive nicknames than negative ones.RamsNation is actually proud and this past weekend we showed that we aren't stepping down to the Whiners or Seachickens,positive overboard statements/nicknames still better situation to be in versus the stuff being said the past 6 years about us.Tone it down but love the confidence the team and fans are building up!!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What I envision for this team before they have even played a down together is the moniker, BLITZKRIEG! I can see it fitting both the O and D.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
El Juggernauto said:
This has to stop. It's insulting to the original members of that amazing team. Players who went out and smoked everyone and were dubbed GSOT. They didn't name themselves. I am seeing to many tweets and post even on here with people saying it. I say we have no Warner(this year will tell) certainly no Faulk, and I wouldn't dare say anyone on this team can run a route tree with Torry or Isaac. Now, don't get me wrong. I hope they come out and make our old squad look just that, old. But I won't be putting the cart before the horse on this one.

I concur. Lets see them put up some points then we can worry about what to call them.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
PressureD41 said:
I like Gateway Assassins

+1. Defense could be the "Arch Nemesis".

jap

Legend
All this pre-naming reminds of those players who like to practice their celebration dances well before they have ever scored a single point. :ww: