Gruden's QB Camp, More than a Year Later

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, me and DR RAM are pizzed at author Scott Reynolds when discussing Jon Gruden's supposed interest in coaching in the NFL again. He took the obligatory shot at the Ram's coaching position by saying...

"Perhaps Gruden didn’t care for quarterback Jared Goff, the first overall pick in the 2016 draft, after having him as a guest on Gruden’s QB Camp."

This is a total dyck move by the author. I remember the reasoning being at the time that Gruden enjoyed the much fewer hours being an analyst,compared with the insane hours of being an NFL HC. Of course, the jerk doesn't mention this with context. Since he brought up Gruden's QB camp with Jared Goff, I thought it worthy to rewatch the show, and I was rewarded...

For one, Gruden addressed the big pre-draft concern about Goff, his hand size...lol...Has anyone brought ups this huge deficiency lately? What an absolute joke, and Gruden hammers it home by saying Aaron Rodgers hands were just a smidge larger than Goffs.

The whole show was full of superlatives said by Jon Gruden about Jared Goff, which admitted he does for a lot of his QB's that come through the Camp. But he certainly was not throwing shade at Goff at any point, like dear old Scott Reynold's was spewing.

Some quotes by Gruden...
"They [Cal Bears] were 1-11 and not surrounded by a lot of elite players, they got beat bad...He [Goff] kept coming back, mentally. That's the kinda guy I'm lookin for."

Gruden then commented on how he was mentally tough enough to come back from 1-11 in his freshman year, to winning 8 games and getting a Bowl berth AND throwing for 4700 plus yards in his Junior year.

"If Goff gets protection, he's proven what he can do. He'll shred you. If he gets the right people, who know how to teach protections, he'll learn it. The more you give him, the better he's going to be. I was really impressed with not only his ability to learn on a practice field, but apply it quickly."

"Love you Goff!....good!"

"What could this guy do if he had protection...?"

THINK ABOUT IT.
Gruden was right, we might be in for a special year with our new revamped Oline and QB that may have a breakout year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is a total dyck move by the author.

I thought the same thing when I saw that quote.

"Perhaps Gruden didn't care for Jared Goff"?
The media these days :headexplosion:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
while it was likely just a shot by the author, its entirely possible Gruden isnt a fan of Goff. Just because he liked a guy as a prospect doesnt mean he still like him after seeing him play in the nfl. not to mention I dont think he ever says anything bad about a QB on that show, and I doubt he truly thinks they are all going to be great. Its impossible to know if/why he turned down the job unless it comes from his mouth, but I dont see a reason to dwell on it cuz McVay seems like the real deal thus far

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
while it was likely just a shot by the author, its entirely possible Gruden isnt a fan of Goff. Just because he liked a guy as a prospect doesnt mean he still like him after seeing him play in the nfl. not to mention I dont think he ever says anything bad about a QB on that show, and I doubt he truly thinks they are all going to be great. Its impossible to know if/why he turned down the job unless it comes from his mouth, but I dont see a reason to dwell on it cuz McVay seems like the real deal thus far

If you watched the total show, the you know that Gruden had only positive things to say like:
"You're the toughest QB I have seen in 7 years of doing this."

IF Gruden changed his mind, that has nothing to do with what the dickhead author was saying. He was inferring that Gruden absolutely lied his ass off for a TV show in saying the things he did. He made no mention that Gruden may have changed his mind about Goff's potential the the less thanan half a season that he played..the author only mentioned the pre-NFL tv show for his reasoning. The author is a dikk..

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Personally, I don't care what Gruden thinks of Goff. He can continue pretending to evaluate QBs by slapping them with a pool noodle and asking them about plays he made up but I'm not crediting a word he says as meaningful.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Scott Reynolds is a Bucs homer. What did anyone expect? He probably thinks Trent Dilfer should be in the Hall of Fame.

serieshistoryrams.jpg