Gruden & Kiper Break Down Brandon Scherff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jon Gruden and Mel Kiper Jr. break down Iowa O-Lineman Brandon Scherff. While looking at game film they debate about whether he is a LT or not. Scherff is both Kiper and Gruden’s #1 rated O-lineman

Watch Gruden/Kiper Talk Scherff

V3

Hall of Fame
He's not a LT. No way. He probably could be adequate at RT but that's not good enough for as high as people are saying he should go. IMO, he's a G. I think he'll be a very good G....but I hate taking a G in the top 10. Horrible value.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like Scheriff, and I want the Rams to get him, but I'm not sure if I would Trade up to get him, as this discussion suggests the Rams may have to do, because of other teams possible interest in him!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would prefer that if we draft a OL'er with the #10 pick it would be a OT who could start very early @ ORT & have the ability to swing if GR were to be hurt again. So there are four who could fill my desires after a short trade down like Andrus Peat, La'el Colinns, TJ Clemmings & Ereck Flowers. TJ Clemmings could be there @ #41 too due to the stress foot fracture news. Looks like an easy can do to me. But IMO OL'er Brandon Scherff does not meet the above.

One thing I do feel strongly about is Brandon Scherff can be inserted day#1 @ OLG post as the starter & be highly effective;). Hard not to like what you see in BS in Boudreau blocking scheme:D. He should excel here & be on the 2015 all rookie team(y).

If BS was the pick all Boudreau would have to worry about in his starting OL is @ ORT post. Maybe Snead could get lucky & find a Rob Havenstein or Donovan Smith with the #72 pick or Jamon Brown with the #119 pick to contend @ ORT.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If we take an OL at 10 that isn't named Peat or Collins, I'll be PO'd.

Call me crazy but if I were selecting an offensive lineman for the Rams my 1st choice would be Scherff and my 2nd choice would be Flowers (I still think he is going to be a Monster on the offensive line for some NFL Team)! And, I do realize that everyone is very happy I am NOT picking for the Rams!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Call me crazy but if I were selecting an offensive lineman for the Rams my 1st choice would be Scherff and my 2nd choice would be Flowers (I still think he is going to be a Monster on the offensive line for some NFL Team)! And, I do realize that everyone is very happy I am NOT picking for the Rams!
I feel the same about Scherff but by far my 2nd choice would be Collins. Dude fits a SEC type of offensive linemen that Snisher loves and is exactly what I'd call a scheme fit with what we do.

lockdnram21

Legend
He's not a LT. No way. He probably could be adequate at RT but that's not good enough for as high as people are saying he should go. IMO, he's a G. I think he'll be a very good G....but I hate taking a G in the top 10. Horrible value.
For get value if he comes bin day 1 starter and helps our offense I wouldn't care about the value. Long as we get a great player