Ground breaking Stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams Site also has some New renderings of the Stadium here they are for you to enjoy!
New stadium 1.jpg

ns2.jpg

ns3.jpg

ns4.jpg

ns5.jpg

ns6.jpg

ns7.jpg

ns8.jpg

ns9.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's probably rooting hard for Raiders to Vegas.. That'll keep Spanos from feeling the need to rush to LA and he can actually make San Diego work.

I'm not getting that........how does the Raiders moving change the situation in SD for the Chargers. The city just told them to fuck themselves they aren't even willing to pass a hotel tax to partially fund a stadium there.

It's crazy, Spanos has been trying for years to get something done..........and nothing has happened.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I was there today, it was crazy, never seen that many news crews. I'll try to post some pics. Sorry guys, been busy, crazy family crap, been trying to help a lifelong buddy to acquire his life long dream of building, and opening his own restaurant. I was lucky to be there today. An associate in construction has an office directly across the street.

Miss you guys. Anyone else there today?

Thanks for the update...

...now, where did I leave that gas can and matches?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I just grabbed these photo of the Groundbreaking Party from the Rams Site:
View attachment 17656
View attachment 17657
View attachment 17658
View attachment 17659
View attachment 17660

View attachment 17661 Rosey Grier

View attachment 17662
View attachment 17663
View attachment 17664
View attachment 17665
View attachment 17666 Donald and Erick Dickerson
View attachment 17667 Old Timers and Present Players

View attachment 17668 Hekker, shoveling it, and with his Gal
View attachment 17669 View attachment 17670 Youngblood and EnbergView attachment 17671
Our Gals!

View attachment 17672
And plenty of the MOB SQUAD FANS!
There are a lot more photos at the Rams Site!!

The MOB Squaders were likely to dig that hole right then and there, forget construction equipment, let's get'r done NOW !
Alas, Security had to step in.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not getting that........how does the Raiders moving change the situation in SD for the Chargers. The city just told them to freak themselves they aren't even willing to pass a hotel tax to partially fund a stadium there.

It's crazy, Spanos has been trying for years to get something done..........and nothing has happened.
That was for a stadium downtown. There is still another site that they are talking about. The Chargers prefer to be downtown, but something could still get done on the other site.
I'm doubtful anything will get done in San Diego myself

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm not getting that........how does the Raiders moving change the situation in SD for the Chargers. The city just told them to freak themselves they aren't even willing to pass a hotel tax to partially fund a stadium there.

Well voters are stupid.... The Raiders going to Vegas gives the Chargers some breathing room.. They don't have to worry about three teams in the Southern California market.. They're screwed if they go to LA, they're really screwed if the Raiders and Rams are in LA and they San Diego.

I think part of the issue is that Spanos is still trying to have his cake and eat it too.. He wants everything his way but doesn't want to pay for it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ns2-jpg.17674

are they gonna incorporate a highway bridge over the stadium? where are the drawings of the cars going over it?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm having a hard time envisioning fans in jerseys screaming like crazy from this scene. Doesn't look like a football stadium atmosphere to me.

ns6-jpg.17678

I'm sure they'll get it right on the final design.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm having a hard time envisioning fans in jerseys screaming like crazy from this scene. Doesn't look like a football stadium atmosphere to me.

ns6-jpg.17678

I'm sure they'll get it right on the final design.

I've not seen a stadium built that resembles the artwork and renderings released to the public.

It's smoke and mirrors.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
[GALLERY=media, 210]20161117_111853_resized by DR RAM posted Nov 18, 2016 at 12:03 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 209]20161117_111858_resized by DR RAM posted Nov 18, 2016 at 12:03 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 208]20161117_111901_resized by DR RAM posted Nov 18, 2016 at 12:03 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 207]20161117_111903_resized by DR RAM posted Nov 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 206]20161117_112753_resized by DR RAM posted Nov 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 205]20161117_112804_resized by DR RAM posted Nov 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 204]20161117_112818_resized by DR RAM posted Nov 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM[/GALLERY]

I mean on to the pics....

Hey DR

Did they not let you inside?

Where's the pics with you and Stan?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've not seen a stadium built that resembles the artwork and renderings released to the public.

It's smoke and mirrors.

I was thinking the image might have been a rendering from the shopping area or something.

Certainly looks more like an all-inclusive resort in that shot.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I was thinking the image might have been a rendering from the shopping area or something.

Certainly looks more like an all-inclusive resort in that shot.
There's a reason why the stadium costs 2.6 bill. It's something we've never seen before.

Those pics are real. That's just one of the suits.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well voters are stupid.... The Raiders going to Vegas gives the Chargers some breathing room.. They don't have to worry about three teams in the Southern California market.. They're screwed if they go to LA, they're really screwed if the Raiders and Rams are in LA and they San Diego.

I think part of the issue is that Spanos is still trying to have his cake and eat it too.. He wants everything his way but doesn't want to pay for it.

While I agree with your 2'nd paragraph, I have to disagree with the 1'st. The Rams and Raiders played in the Coliseum together for several years without the Chargers being affected before, I see no reason why it would be any different today.
I agree on Spanos looking for a freebee, he's one of the least capable owners financially, although better off than Davis, to accomplish or provide San Diego with a new stadium. He's helped by being a favorite of NFL owner elites, although Kroenke spanked him silly. He refuses to take on a partner with deeper pockets and expects the City to provide his bailout. jmo.

bluecoconuts

Legend
While I agree with your 2'nd paragraph, I have to disagree with the 1'st. The Rams and Raiders played in the Coliseum together for several years without the Chargers being affected before, I see no reason why it would be any different today.
I agree on Spanos looking for a freebee, he's one of the least capable owners financially, although better off than Davis, to accomplish or provide San Diego with a new stadium. He's helped by being a favorite of NFL owner elites, although Kroenke spanked him silly. He refuses to take on a partner with deeper pockets and expects the City to provide his bailout. jmo.

Spanish feels that two teams in LA would hurt him in San Diego, and that's all that matters. True, he'd probably be fine, but he'd also likely make less money, and to him that's unacceptable.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There's a reason why the stadium costs 2.6 bill. It's something we've never seen before.

Those pics are real. That's just one of the suits.

With a draped escalator?

And a concourse THAT wide?

Mkay I dunno about that haha.

Look around that pic, it looks like what CGI suggested or an airport lobby area.

Seating on the left......and all the drape........I doubt it.

Not saying the stadium won't be bigger/better than anything else, all new stadiums pretty much are "record setting".

I'm just saying computer generated images don't often show up in real life.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
River, the Rams and Raiders NEVER EVER played together in the Coliseum. Rams played in Anaheim and the Raiders played in the Rams old home.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Rams and Raiders played in the Coliseum together for several years without the Chargers being affected before, I see no reason why it would be any different today.
The Rams and Raiduhs shared the LA metro market but not stadiums. The Rams moved to Anaheim before the Raiduhs moved into the Coliseum.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey DR

Did they not let you inside?

Where's the pics with you and Stan?
I was there on pure happenstance. I didn't go in, but it looked private. There were some fans standing outside. The pics with the blinds in them, are from my associates office directly across the street, where I was picking up a check. The old racetrack stands are still standing, and its almost rock throwing distance from the fabulous forum on the left from the street perspective. It's a big area. The area needs to be built up. There were junkies walking all around the area.