Gronkowski trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Why pay for a guy that can't stay on the field?
Gronkowski is done. He's a guy that should retire.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Tough call. We all like Gronk when on the field, but even when in college he was injured. He was taken right after Saffold in the draft he would have gone higher, but for his injuries. Now he seems likw he is always injured.

As it relates to taking him or OBJ he all around will be endlessly cheaper a draft pick we can deal with mentally a 4th plus maybe something conditional in 2019. And his cost will be way less and we can get out of it after a year but have a second year if we want a win win, but for the injuries. OBJ too has injuries his asking price from the Giants and what he wants as publicity stated is a Kings ransom. I overall want OBJ over Gronk even though Gronk makes way more sense all around.

I doubt Belichick is shopping Gronk unless he has evaluated his injuries and his statements about retirement as he has had enough and like another poster said Bill is just trying to see what he can salvage in draft picks. BTW mocks have Bill taken the top TE in the draft and where thet are drafting it totally makes sense.

Ramon Ram

Starter
I'd take him for 1 year if he wants to come and have us be his conduit to Hollywood. Give one of those 6ths and that's it

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Based on what I have heard here locally, I do think Gronk will get traded. I would not touch him though, unless is was some kind of conditional pick. I think Gronk is serious about retirement sooner than later and Im not convinced his head is in the game long term. Bad long term investment IMO.

That being said, the Patriots have f'ed around with this guy with bad medicals to the point where his father had to publically announce injuries he received. I think Gronk would love out of NE, but a deal for him seems risky.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don’t know what Gronks price tag is , but a 5th rd pick ?

We keep seeing proven vet guys going for mid to low round picks.

And I suspected in many cases it was to dump the salary/free up cap space.

So I went and looked at his contract.

He was made the highest paid TE with a deal that was low salary/cap hit UNTIL 2018 when it balloons to 8MIL this year and 9MIL with 22MIL in cap hit.

So the Patriots may actually be shopping him to get out from a bad deal. You know those guys have zero difficulty making those types of decisions.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/rob-gronkowski-6551/

True , but I don’t see the Pats trading him .

Number one for The Rams would be his cap number. There is no way it fits ,Imo

Possibly, but he may not fit into thier cap either, see above.

I'd take him for 1 year if he wants to come and have us be his conduit to Hollywood. Give one of those 6ths and that's it

He has two years on his contract.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And I suspected in many cases it was to dump the salary/free up cap space.

So I went and looked at his contract.

He was made the highest paid TE with a deal that was low salary/cap hit UNTIL 2018 when it balloons to 8MIL this year and 9MIL with 22MIL in cap hit.

So the Patriots may actually be shopping him to get out from a bad deal. You know those guys have zero difficulty making those types of decisions.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/rob-gronkowski-6551/

Possibly, but he may not fit into thier cap either, see above.

He has two years on his contract.

Good research, Ram fans are starting to play fantasy football early here . With a fortune of good luck , The Rams need to stay on course of building the organization the right way .

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Id say no to Gronk and OBJ, id hate it if our draft class purely consisted of 6th and 7th round draft picks.

Turducken

Starter
He would be a lot more cap friendly than OBJ. He's owed $23m over next two years. Can't imagine Obj playing next two years for less than $35m.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He would be a lot more cap friendly than OBJ. He's owed $23m over next two years. Can't imagine Obj playing next two years for less than $35m.

Actually, he's owed $19 million (approximately). $4 million of his cap hit is his signing bonus. But that's still a huge amount for an aging TE with a history of injuries and questions about his motivation.

In a vacuum he might be fine. In the real world, I'm not sure he's worth a sixth to the Rams, given the cuts he'd necessitate. The one big plus is it would end the insane speculation about OBJ

Turducken

Starter
Actually, he's owed $19 million (approximately). $4 million of his cap hit is his signing bonus. But that's still a huge amount for an aging TE with a history of injuries and questions about his motivation.

In a vacuum he might be fine. In the real world, I'm not sure he's worth a sixth to the Rams, given the cuts he'd necessitate. The one big plus is it would end the insane speculation about OBJ
If they were chasing Eifert they must be worried about TE. Tread is getting thinner on gronk, but he was first team allpro TE last year. Can you name any other allpro at any position (non-special teams) from last year that wouldn't be worth a six round pick in a trade? He's worth a third round pick if he's healthy and interested in playing for two years here.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they were chasing Eifert they must be worried about TE. Tread is getting thinner on gronk, but he was first team allpro TE last year. Can you name any other allpro at any position (non-special teams) from last year that wouldn't be worth a six round pick in a trade? He's worth a third round pick if he's healthy and interested in playing for two years here.

Yes, they would like an elite TE - but they offered $4 million plus incentives to Eifert, not nearly $9 million for next season - makes a huge difference in value, especially after using almost all of their cap room to sign Suh. And like it or not, Gronk had another injury late season, and is speculating about retirement, so that is going to affect his value, and both things hurt his value in a very negative way.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm so ready for this offseason to be over. Tired of every idiot with a twitter account linking the Rams to a random player daily.