GRob traded to Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
GRob- still confused as a blind lesbian in a fish market. :shocked:
giphy.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
did Fisher ever fail someone in the conditioning test? Hell LaMarcus and Mo just failed it too.....and anyone can tell those two stay in shape.
I seem to remember a WR having to retake it but no not a lot of people.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Khalil Mack was probably the BPA back then (I remember making a case for him although I wanted Watkins), and it goes to show why BPA should win out..
So..... unlike Jeff Fisher and Les Snead, you learn from your mistakes.

tbux

Rookie
So..... unlike Jeff Fisher and Les Snead, you learn from your mistakes.
BPA isn't a universal thought- many teams have a different BPA= so we are playing a little hindsight here. IF GROB turned out to be an elite LT and we passed on him and took Mack- and he turned out bad- what would everyone be saying right now? Probably way worse things than now. EVERY team uses some form of BPA + need- because it only makes sense. IF you have an all world QB- and QB is the BPA- do you take him with your top pick if you have pressing needs? no chance. Nobody ignores need entirely unless they are a pretty complete team and has that luxury- very rare thing indeed. When the pick was made- most experts and posters didn't pan the pick- on the contrary most agreed with it and lauded his potential as a dominant run blocker (we were a run first team) and his athleticism to become a great pass protector. It didn't work out- you cant really see whats in someones heart and drive. That is why drafting is a nonexact science. ITs why EVERY GM has misses. JMO

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
G-Rob could still have been BPA...much like @tbux says.....G-Rob will be the LT for one of the best QB's in the league...I'm pretty sure their offense will be ranked higher than ours....and on the surface his career will be saved....and we just traded a starting LT on a top ranked offense for a 6th round pick. I doesn't get much better than this:giveup::thinking:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
BPA isn't a universal thought- many teams have a different BPA= so we are playing a little hindsight here. IF GROB turned out to be an elite LT and we passed on him and took Mack- and he turned out bad- what would everyone be saying right now? Probably way worse things than now. EVERY team uses some form of BPA + need- because it only makes sense. IF you have an all world QB- and QB is the BPA- do you take him with your top pick if you have pressing needs? no chance. Nobody ignores need entirely unless they are a pretty complete team and has that luxury- very rare thing indeed. When the pick was made- most experts and posters didn't pan the pick- on the contrary most agreed with it and lauded his potential as a dominant run blocker (we were a run first team) and his athleticism to become a great pass protector. It didn't work out- you cant really see whats in someones heart and drive. That is why drafting is a nonexact science. ITs why EVERY GM has misses. JMO

Why people still don't get this is beyond me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
G-Rob could still have been BPA...much like @tbux says.....G-Rob will be the LT for one of the best QB's in the league...I'm pretty sure their offense will be ranked higher than ours....and on the surface his career will be saved....and we just traded a starting LT on a top ranked offense for a 6th round pick. I doesn't get much better than this:giveup::thinking:

I know right? Hard to believe we got so much for him! :p

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
did Fisher ever fail someone in the conditioning test? Hell LaMarcus and Mo just failed it too.....and anyone can tell those two stay in shape.
Maybe this is just another sign of how demanding McVay will be with his Players!?!(y) Get in Football shape guys!!:lifting:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Maybe this is just another sign of how demanding McVay will be with his Players!?!
I bet it's like 10 sprints the width of the field, and guys that puke or cramp up can't finish the run in time. No problem, do over the next day.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I have said it many, many times and I'll say it again.

I called the G Rob flop from two and a half miles away.

Mathews or Lewan if you needed a left tackle.

Claiming it is hindsight? That would be YOUR red herring.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I could care less what "every GM said" or what any Scout said or any measurables said.

Pass protecting is the main job of a left tackle. G Rob had no appreciable experience at that so he was too much of a risk.

nighttrain

Legend
I have said it many, many times and I'll say it again.

I called the G Rob flop from two and a half miles away.

Mathews or Lewan if you needed a left tackle.

Claiming it is hindsight? That would be YOUR red herring.
Fisher's parting gift to the Rams

train

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
For those wondering, Robinson did not participate in camp Saturday and Sunday. He didn't do any full team practice today either, but did some workouts on the side with Jake Rudock. He's recovering from some injury, he sustained away from football.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I could care less what "every GM said" or what any Scout said or any measurables said.

Pass protecting is the main job of a left tackle. G Rob had no appreciable experience at that so he was too much of a risk.

K.

Feel better now?