GRob is NOT starting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

@AndrewSiciliano: Rodger Saffold starts at LG tonight for the Rams, Davin Joseph at RG. Greg Robinson will play plenty, but won't start.

Looks like coachO WAS on to something.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not sure I agree with this... Unless they plan on using Robinson as a backup this season. For me, it would be nice to evaluate him playing next to Long and Wells.

Robinson needs quality reps. Not scrub time reps.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not sure I agree with this... Unless they plan on using Robinson as a backup this season. For me, it would be nice to evaluate him playing next to Long and Wells.
I definitely don't agree with it. I don't think this bodes well in terms of Robinson's progress thus far. It's not a really big deal because it's early, but i don't think anyone envisioned Greg Robinson to be drafted #2 overall and be the 6th man.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
They probably just want to try out different combinations in case something happens. But maybe there is a specific reason. I'm surprised though, I'd rather have Robinson get 1st team reps, he needs it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

there's nothing wrong with letting him get up to speed before throwing him in there. put the best line out there.

lockdnram21

Legend
on the kickoff show they are saying that Joseph has been playing great. they are also saying since this is the dress rehersel and cleveland is going to be game planning they dont want to get sam killed. Holt, Faulk,andnthat othe guy was saying this.

A55VA6

Legend
"Rams are not down on G. Robinson in any way. But he's head is spinning after switching continuously from LG to LT."
"Team wants to back him off a bit tonight and then have him focus in on left guard from here on out, only using him at LT in emergency."

J.Thomas on Twitter.

fearsomefour

Legend
Seems strange to me too.
I have not been impressed enough with Joseph to kick Saffold to LG and there for Robinson to the bench.
Maybe he is in the doghouse for some other reason.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
What this tells me is that Joseph has made it back. And that they want to see Saffold at LG, maybe ease him back into the mix, rather than putting him right back in for a full half. My guess is Saffold gets the first series, then Robinson takes over.

jjab360

Legend
It's just preseason, Robinson's gonna see plenty of snaps either way. Saffold needs them more right now after having been out for so long. What I don't get is why they're not starting Saffold at RG like the original plan, they seem to have a lot of unwarranted faith in Davin Joseph.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, Orlando Pace didn't start until his 6th game or something like that if I recall.

Then again, those were the days of holdouts and he didn't get into camp on time.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I definitely don't agree with it. I don't think this bodes well in terms of Robinson's progress thus far. It's not a really big deal because it's early, but i don't think anyone envisioned Greg Robinson to be drafted #2 overall and be the 6th man.

OR it means they really like where his progress and he's at so far and think he doesn't need the reps today, and want to get Davin Joseph some reps to build chemistry with the line. Let's wait until Fisher says something about it. Many ways to read into it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What this tells me is that Joseph has made it back. And that they want to see Saffold at LG, maybe ease him back into the mix, rather than putting him right back in for a full half. My guess is Saffold gets the first series, then Robinson takes over.

Ahh... That's makes sense.

Disappointing, sure, but Quinn didn't dress his first game and he turned out all right.

Would be nice to see a Ram come in and be a very good player as a rookie day 1 but it doesn't seem Snead is capable of drafting those guys.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
D. Joseph is a pro bowl guard when at 100%.
I think k this says more about Joseph playing well, than GRob not.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"Rams are not down on G. Robinson in any way. But his head is spinning after switching continuously from LG to LT."
I'm sure it is. Maybe they should have focused his head solely on LG, since all we've been hearing for months is that J.Long was ahead of schedule and slated to start week one.

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This just pisses me off because I was 100% against this pick but I've jumped on board. You don't take reps away from your 2nd overall guy to easy another fucker in. You just don't

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
IT'S A PRESEASON GAME!!!! Take a breath people!!!!! come up for air!!!!

blue_whale_exhales.jpe

I'm sure it is. Maybe they should have focused his head on solely on LG, since all we've been hearing for months is that J.Long was ahead of schedule and slated to start week one.

Yeah it may have made sense not to fuck about from day 1.