Griffin will not play all 16

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
At the risk of being thick, why " 5 dislikes from deletion"?

And, how many dislikes for deletion?
I dunno. Could have been an accidental click.
But I disliked your question because I'm in a stupid mood tonight.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Looked bad last night ,and really doesn't know HOW to slide ,took some vicious hits

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I'm kind of cheering for him this year. I hope Kaep takes some big licks from our DL and makes him pretty scared back there.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I like RGIII and hope he does well in his career. That said, he's been pretty messed up by Mike Shanahan.

Psycho_X

Legend
His knees just do not look right still on that turf. That one time he was stumbling but still trying to make cuts... I was just waiting for something to pop the way his knees were giving out. I just can't envision this kid having a long career. And yeah he needs to learn to slide. He got damn lucky on a couple plays last night whether it be bad angles or guys being a little softer in preseason.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
RG3 bruises thigh, says avoiding hits is “work in progress”
Posted by Josh Alper on August 19, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti5ywmyytbly2rjytnlyjhmytm1nzkzogvjzwvknwni.jpeg
AP

In one of our five questions about the Redskins, we wondered whether quarterback Robert Griffin IIIcould rebound from his 2013 campaign.

One worrisome point was his inability to stay healthy during his first two seasons and we got a reminder of why that’s been an issue on Monday night. Griffin took several hard hits at the end of scrambles against the Browns and ended the evening with a bruised thigh. Griffin says that it isn’t a serious injury and admitted that he has to do a better job of avoiding those collisions, calling his attempts to better protect himself a “work in progress.”

Griffin promised that he’d get better at it, something coach Jay Gruden said has to happen.

“It’s something we have to continue to talk to him about — how important he is to this team and this franchise. When he gets out of the pocket, he needs to protect himself,” Gruden said, via the Associated Press. “He’s had a habit in his career of being able to get himself out of those predicaments with his speed and his athleticism. But here it’s a 16-game season, with the great talent across the league in the NFL, [and] he’s got to pick his shots and learn how to get down a little bit better.”

Gruden’s not the first to say that about Griffin and he may not be the last, but at some point one has to wonder if Griffin can change something so fundamental to the way he plays the game without hurting his productivity. It would benefit him and the team if he could, although he certainly wouldn’t be the first player unable to shake such a habit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just repeating something that I heard and posted back when Bob-G-Me first came into the league...

I've seen a bunch of good young running QBs,,, but I've never seen an old one.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Had two thoughts while watching this game:

#1. Griffin is not long for this league as you mentioned. He's still reckless and hasn't learned a damn thing. With those bird legs of his he's an injury waiting to happen.
#2. If the refs call penalties during the season like they're doing tonight, the game of pro football will be diminished and maybe ruined for good.
...and there you have it, folks.

In another thread you started a list of player suspensions, to show their inequity. I said that someone should start a twitter feed listing these player suspensions to highlight the inequities. But now I think someone should start a Twitter feed illustrating all the ways that the NFL (Goodhell) is destroying itself. This is an other excellent example.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had two thoughts while watching this game:

#1. Griffin is not long for this league as you mentioned. He's still reckless and hasn't learned a damn thing. With those bird legs of his he's an injury waiting to happen.
#2. If the refs call penalties during the season like they're doing tonight, the game of pro football will be diminished and maybe ruined for good.
A. I truly sincerely doubt the penalties are going to be called as often in the regular season.
B. Every year there is some rule change or something else the league is doing that "ruins the game", yet it keeps picking up popularity.

tragic891

UDFA
As me and my friend (who is a redskins fan) watched the game last night.
we just sat there and shock our heads as he continues to run.
He doesn't know how to slide properly and he takes TOO many unnecessary hits.
For example, the play when he got hit hard by 3 players on the play...
He still doesn't get it.....
He will be hurt again soon I guarantee it.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Maybe he's worried his cleet will stick if he slides?

Those praying mantis legs do look like twigs tho

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Best thing they could do for his career is to forbid him from scrambling or running for the rest of the preseason. Force him to go through his reads or throw it away. That way he may have a chance at being an effective QB someday. Now, he's just a novelty act who gets beat up by teams with any talent to them.