Gregg Williams stole Jags playbook accusation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
From PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-gregg-williams-stole-jags-playbook-in-1999/

More bad press for Williams. Apparently, Renaldo Wynn said that Gregg Williams stole the Jags playbook prior to the AFC championship game, which allowed them to make the superbowl against the Rams. According to Wynn, Williams told him after Wynn became a member of the Titans.

If this turns out to be true, and who knows and Williams gets suspended again; it's like God doesn't want him to become our defensive coordinator. It seems like within a month of him becoming DC again, another possible controversy about him comes out

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Not sure what to think about this. An accusation from a former opponent about something that occurred 15 years ago. How hard will the NFL pursue this if it turns out to be true.

Does Williams have a target on his back or is he just that much further over the line than other coaches? Geez Gregg!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well if it's true I wouldn't think God had a lot to do with it.

I think it's pretty sad that a player would wait to disclose, scratch that,would wait to allege this until the man had served a suspension and reclaimed his career.
If I was Goodell I'd want some serious proof because it would reach beyond Williams however the punishment for something LIKE this has been established as draft choices and fines I don't recall Bill Beliache being suspended.

Did I read that article right it says the claims about the Pats were false?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I wouldn't buy into it to much. Even a real crime is usually null after 7 years.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well apparently,,, any and all evidence has been burned. Nothing to see here.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Wynn is probably just miffed that he received no bounty payments because they were not earned.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It's hearsay. Unless they had video of him doing it or caught him with possession of the playbook then they could prove nothing. He's good.