Gregg Williams New Dc?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've seen enough to form an opinion on him. He wasn't a rookie last season. If he's the best we can do at FS, the Rams are in big trouble. I believe teams in the NFL NEED a very good FS now. McLeod will never be that, IMO. Not even close. I'm not going to settle for serviceable(I don't think he'd even be that) at that spot. IMO, it's too important. The main reason I kept hearing why the Rams' CB's played so far off was because our FS sucked. Fix the FS and maybe we'll start seeing the CB's do what they do best; playing aggressive at the LOS. If the Rams have an injury and only need McLeod to fill in for a game or two, that's fine. There's no way I want him playing a full season, though. Sorry, I just feel FS is too important and McLeod didn't show enough.
I like McLeod but I think you are right. He is not a FS starter. He is a good guy to have on the roster for a rotation and an unfortunate injury but for this D to take it to the next level, they need to draft a top FS prospect.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I don't see the ten yard cushions happening anymore. That's going to make things tough for QBs like Carson Palmer who are accurate that can hurt us every short pass play. He had what an 80% completion rate against us last game we played?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I don't see the ten yard cushions happening anymore. That's going to make things tough for QBs like Carson Palmer who are accurate that can hurt us every short pass play. He had what an 80% completion rate against us last game we played?

Oh, and this guy is a superbowl winning DC, for those that didn't think of that.

Ramifications

I've seen enough to form an opinion on him. He wasn't a rookie last season. If he's the best we can do at FS, the Rams are in big trouble. I believe teams in the NFL NEED a very good FS now. McLeod will never be that, IMO. Not even close. I'm not going to settle for serviceable(I don't think he'd even be that) at that spot. IMO, it's too important. The main reason I kept hearing why the Rams' CB's played so far off was because our FS sucked. Fix the FS and maybe we'll start seeing the CB's do what they do best; playing aggressive at the LOS. If the Rams have an injury and only need McLeod to fill in for a game or two, that's fine. There's no way I want him playing a full season, though. Sorry, I just feel FS is too important and McLeod didn't show enough.

Some people don't want to settle at OL, some don't want to settle at FS.

Why do we have to have to settle at either, we have the ammo to fill multiple holes in 2014.

Interest in a FS doesn't need to be interpreted as advocating no OL in the draft.

I agree FS is one of the last remaining gaping wounds on the defense/team (with the operational phrase being ONE OF - we need OL upgrades, too).

Look at the receiving talent in the division... Harvin in SEA, Crabtree and Davis in SF and Fitzgerald and Floyd in ARI. Hard to contain that with the stiffs and tomato cans we have put back there recently.

Look at the secondaries in the division. SEA one of the best ever. SF has a steady vet in Whitner (could move on in free agency?) and brilliant mid-first rookie Reid, and ARI has a top 3-5 CB in Peterson (with Sherman, a healthy Revis and Haden), and rookie Mathieu was one of the better rookie defenders and an impact player before going down.

You can make lemonade with lemons, but not Belgian ales.

The amazing thing is our overall D was pretty good last season, 12th according to my rankings, 13th scoring, and we're still willing to make a change of D coordinator, if we can sort this pass D out we're going places.

V3

Hall of Fame
Some people don't want to settle at OL, some don't want to settle at FS.

Why do we have to have to settle at either, we have the ammo to fill multiple holes in 2014.

Interest in a FS doesn't need to be interpreted as advocating no OL in the draft.

I agree FS is one of the last remaining gaping wounds on the defense/team (with the operational phrase being ONE OF - we need OL upgrades, too).

Look at the receiving talent in the division... Harvin in SEA, Crabtree and Davis in SF and Fitzgerald and Floyd in ARI. Hard to contain that with the stiffs and tomato cans we have put back there recently.

Look at the secondaries in the division. SEA one of the best ever. SF has a steady vet in Whitner (could move on in free agency?) and brilliant mid-first rookie Reid, and ARI has a top 3-5 CB in Peterson (with Sherman, a healthy Revis and Haden), and rookie Mathieu was one of the better rookie defenders and an impact player before going down.

You can make lemonade with lemons, but not Belgian ales.

I never said take a FS at the detriment of OL or other positions. I just feel the Rams don't have a starter at FS on the roster yet. I hope they can find a good one somewhere, whether that's in the draft or FA. If the Rams think McLeod is their starter, I'm going to be worried. I don't think they believe that, though, because of how passive they played at CB. We'll see.

Ramifications

I never said take a FS at the detriment of OL or other positions. I just feel the Rams don't have a starter at FS on the roster yet. I hope they can find a good one somewhere, whether that's in the draft or FA. If the Rams think McLeod is their starter, I'm going to be worried. I don't think they believe that, though, because of how passive they played at CB. We'll see.

I was agreeing with you, and more addressing Bonifay, but both of you in the post.

I thought that would be clear from third and fourth sentences, sorry for the confusion.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I will be absolutely shocked if Ogletree doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year, now. He is gonna be murder in Williams D.

Ramifications

I was agreeing with you, and more addressing Bonifay, but both of you in the post.

I thought that would be clear from third and fourth sentences, sorry for the confusion.

* At times it seems like any draft plan that deviates from 2-3 OL in the first round is looked askance at. I think we need OL, just not 2-3 in the first round.

My ideal first round would be trade with CLE, get Watkins, Robinson and one of Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Dennard or Martin.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
^^^then add a OG or two in rounds 2 - 4.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thinking Williams got a little promise that he would get a gift or two in the draft to complete this D. FS, CB, OLB

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Thinking Williams got a little promise that he would get a gift or two in the draft to complete this D. FS, CB, OLB
And Aaron Donald to be that pass rushing DT!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was agreeing with you, and more addressing Bonifay, but both of you in the post.I thought that would be clear from third and fourth sentences, sorry for the confusion.

I fully understand your point Ramifications. I am really fine with an upgrade @ safety. I agree.

Like I stated above I certainly have no issues with an upgrade @ safety I fully expect Snead to slide another safety like TJ McDonald. I have issues with Rodney McLeod's size but I guess i seem to desire to make sure that Rodney's role in the 2013 is clearly pointed out. If Rod gets beat out by bigger faster Cody Davis or a Matt Daniels or a 2014 prospect like Jimmie Ward & Ahmad Dixon would be just fine with me!:D

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I wonder if this gives us an inside track to signing A. Verner since he played for Williams last year in TN? According to the article by Matt Bowen players love to play for him and there is that Fisher connection as well. That FA signing would allow us to use our draft picks for other positions of need like OL, FS, OLB...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

There is already a lot of nice toys on this defense.

I fully expect the Rams to toss help wherever needed and the oline and DB feels like the primary target.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
L2tb5Wi.jpg

V3

Hall of Fame
I fully understand your point Ramifications. I am really fine with an upgrade @ safety. I agree.

Like I stated above I certainly have no issues with an upgrade @ safety I fully expect Snead to slide another safety like TJ McDonald. I have issues with Rodney McLeod's size but I guess i seem to desire to make sure that Rodney's role in the 2013 is clearly pointed out. If Rod gets beat out by bigger faster Cody Davis or a Matt Daniels or a 2014 prospect like Jimmie Ward & Ahmad Dixon would be just fine with me!:D

I'm all for letting McLeod compete for the job with anyone else they bring in. I just think it would be a MAJOR mistake for the Rams to believe that McL is their starting FS and not spend a draft pick in the top 3 rounds or spend money on a FA safety. They have to do one of those options, IMO. I don't want to hear about CB's playing off because we have a weak FS in 2014. My two spots I REALLY want to have filled by premium picks or decent FA money are at OG and FS.