Gregg Williams invited Pat Summitt to her first NFL game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Gregg Williams invited Pat Summitt to her first NFL game
patsummitt.jpg

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/06/29/gregg-williams-invited-pat-summitt-to-her-first-nfl-game/

By: Jake Ellenbogen | 6 hours ago

On Tuesday, the sports world lost two coaching legends. NFL head coach Buddy Ryan and Tennessee Volunteers head coach Pat Summitt both passed away.

While both coaches were absolutely incredible, we saw coaches, players and fans from all over send their thoughts and prayers to the friends and families. On top of that, we got to hear some great stories about the two legendary coaches.

Specifically, there was one that we wanted to take a few minutes to talk about.

In an interview with NFL Network, Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams spoke about both Ryan and Summitt. He had some great things to say about both coaches, but there was one story he told about Summitt that was pretty outstanding.

Via the Rams’ official site:

“I miss her greatly and she was a very strong influence on me too, way before even I was a high school coach, moved up to college coaching and pro coaching.” Williams began.

“I am proud to say that the very first NFL game she ever went to, she came as my guest and was down there right on the fifty yard line. Down there in the first two rows, and she told me after the game, she said ‘You know what? I know I had some pretty good seats because as soon as the National Anthem was over I turned around and the Governor was eight rows behind me. I let him know I had better seats than he did because I’m down here.'”

How great is that? Summitt’s first ever NFL game was thanks to an invite from Williams. There’s a story you can tell for years to come.

Hey guys appreciate the read. If you like what you see please do me a favor and share this on the Rams Wire site. It helps us out big time as we continue to try and grow for the new season!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
One of my good friends in HS could have gone to any college in the country. She was the #1 ranked basketball player in the US ... Bridgette Gordon. Every school in the country tried to get her, but of course she decided to go to TN and play for Pat where they won National Champions together. Bridgette went on to play for the Olympic Team and win gold in 1988... she then went on to have a kickass pro career. I know she gives lots of the credit to her success to Coach Summit. She's so thankful that she decided to play for her... Pat Summit is one of the greatest coaches to coach ANY sport.

I love hearing that Williams took Pat to her first NFL game. Cool as shit.

RIP Coach Summit

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One of my good friends in HS could have gone to any college in the country. She was the #1 ranked basketball player in the US ... Bridgette Gordon. Every school in the country tried to get her, but of course she decided to go to TN and play for Pat where they won National Champions together. Bridgette went on to play for the Olympic Team and win gold in 1988... she then went on to have a kickass pro career. I know she gives lots of the credit to her success to Coach Summit. She's so thankful that she decided to play for her... Pat Summit is one of the greatest coaches to coach ANY sport.

I love hearing that Williams took Pat to her first NFL game. Cool as crap.

RIP Coach Summit
Thanks for sharing that! Really cool stuff, Pat Summitt was a class act and a legend. She was gone way too soon