Greg Zuerlein NFC ST Player of the week.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Will what did you expect, the Rams have the BEST ST Unit in the League!!(y):D

poLARizing

UDFA
I think ST could be the difference against Minnesota this weekend and throughout the season.

Best Punter and Kicker in the league.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The kicking game is so important and you really don't realize how important until you don't have a good kicker and punter.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think ST could be the difference against Minnesota this weekend and throughout the season.

Best Punter and Kicker in the league.

And best long snapper. McQuaide hasn't made a bad snap yet.

jap

Legend
Who cares!?! Call me again when The Leg connects from 70 yards out! :ROFLMAO:

Zero

Pro Bowler
His 2nd of the year making him the 2nd Ram to win 2 Player of the weeks in multiple season. The other being #28 in '99 and '00.

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/930805610869690368

OldSchool I think the below tweet has something to do with it.
The ST phase does not take a back seat in Ramsville.
One more reason to like Mcvay,a lot of HC's would have been too paranoid to
keep on a coach from the previous regime,especially one who was the interim HC.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All I care about is that at the end of the game, we're healthy and we have more points than they do.

If the offense craps the bed and the defense scores 3 TDs and the ST scores 2 TDs and we win 35-21, I won't really care.

As Herm Edwards pointed out, "you play to win the game".

Part of the point of having a top ST unit is that they not only shut down the other team's ST unit, but they put more pressure on the opposing Offense and Defense by adding points.

I don't think that'll happen. On the contrary, I think both teams will struggle in the first half and we'll make better adjustments and pull away in the third quarter. And I think special teams will be the difference maker for us in a very positive way.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I remember when I was a kid back in the 70's, the Rams STs hurt them in some big games. Tom Dempsey sucked in big spots and also had a kick blocked in 76' Divisional game against the Vikes. I think they were down 17- 13 early 4th, they line up for a FG and the Vikes blocked it, returned it for a TD.... 24-13, ball game.

Anyway, sorry for that flashback..... So its nice to have great STs heading down the stretch this year like they did in 99'.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Actually I stand corrected... just found that game on YouTube. The blocked FG was in the 1st half... they also had a punt blocked in the 1st half. God their STs were bad.

I was only 9 yrs old, but I remember that....

So disappointing watching this. Rams had 4 1st half turnovers despite outgaining the Vikes by over a hundred years and dominating time of possession yet trailed 10-0 at half.

Too bad they did not have a dome back then. Those teams that had guys that were lifer players, no FA, i think made it tougher for warm weather teams to ein in cold climate games.

As a comparison this year are starting WRs played in Buffalo the last 4 years.