Greg Zuerlein misses extra point, two short field goals/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Greg Zuerlein misses extra point, two short field goals
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...ight-2012-trade-with-their-coin-toss-captains

LANDOVER, Md. -- Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams' 24-0 victory against the Washington Redskins:

Zuerlein's rough day: Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein missed an extra point and two short field goals in the first half, leaving the Rams with just a 6-0 lead going into the locker room. He rebounded slightly in the second half by making an extra point and a 34-yard field goal, but all of his kicks seemed to drift to the right. However, Fisher gave Zuerlein a vote of confidence in a unique way after the game.

"I want you all to know that in our closed door locker room there, I had Johnny Hekker hold the ball and put the ball down and Greg hit the locker, and that’s what he was aiming for," Fisher said. "So he’s OK. Greg is going to be fine, OK."

Fisher's funny: Before the game, the Rams had an unusual group of players handling the coin toss duties. Receiver Stedman Bailey, cornerback Janoris Jenkins, defensive tackle Michael Brockers, running back Zac Stacy, left tackle Greg Robinson and linebacker Alec Ogletree represented the team as coin toss captains, a departure from the standard group. But there was a method to coach Jeff Fisher madness. Those six players are the ones on the team's active roster acquired with picks from the team's trade with Washington in 2012. Two others, running back Isaiah Pead and lineman Rokevious Watkins, are not on the current 53-man roster.

Moving on: Fisher barely allowed much time for his team to enjoy Sunday's win, making it clear that the normal 24-hour rule is not in effect this week. The Rams play the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday night. I asked linebacker James Laurinaitis if there's a 24-minute rule and he said there's not even a 12-minute rule. The Rams will watch the film of Sunday's win tonight and even start getting into Arizona before Sunday night turns into Monday morning.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"I want you all to know that in our closed door locker room there, I had Johnny Hekker hold the ball and put the ball down and Greg hit the locker, and that’s what he was aiming for," Fisher said. "So he’s OK. Greg is going to be fine, OK."
Case closed. :snicker:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Case closed. :snicker:

Like I posted in another thread, he has no issues kicking in doors!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Like I posted in another thread, he has no issues kicking in doors!
That wasn't the case last year. :shades:

UMegMoV.png

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I mentioned it in the chat but it sure seemed like to me he had some sort of physical ailment that they're not letting us know about. He was consistently missing it short right as if he had weakness/pain in the hammy or something. Even the one he made weakly bobbled over and almost missed right. It wasn't his usual boomer in the least. Then, when they faked the extra point and went for two I was just about convinced that something is up physically. Hopefully he gets over this though soon, whatever it is. Legatron sure wasn't himself today, that is for sure. It got to the point that we were halfway-seriously discussing as a viable option having Hekker do a drop-kick instead.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
His inconsistencies are very worrisome. I think the rest of the year could be very important to Zeurlein.

jap

Legend
When you're winning as a coach, it's easy to be funny. Find me a funny losing coach, that'd be something.

The coach for the expansion Tampa Bay Bucs had some hilarious one-liners, none of which I can recalled off the top of my head at the moment.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The coach for the expansion Tampa Bay Bucs had some hilarious one-liners, none of which I can recalled off the top of my head at the moment.
They were what we thought they were....

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman

John McCay, good call on that one.

john-mckay.jpg

http://www.just-one-liners.com/ppl/john-mckay

Author: John McKay

You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedes-Benz.
John McKay
(1923 – 2001) American football coach
Football Sports To the media after a game [the previous week he had said ‘You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas.’ and a case of bananas was left at his door]
You draw Xs and Os on a blackboard and that's not so difficult… I can even do it with my left hand.
John McKay
Football Sports
It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us.
John McKay
Football Sports After Harry Carson intercepted a pass
He is not in a union; he can carry the ball as many times as we want him to… anyway, the ball doesn't weigh that much.
John McKay
Football Sports On O.J. Simpson carrying the ball 47 times in a USC
When I was duck hunting with Bear Bryant, he shot at one but it kept flying.
"John," he said, "There flies a dead duck…"
Now, that's confidence.

John McKay
Football Sports Bear Bryant Confidence
It’s shattering when a player loses interest in camp. When you lose your interest in standing around eating steaks you lose everything.
John McKay
Football Sports On training camp
He's not twins.
John McKay
Football Sports On the weaknesses of All-star linebacker Hugh Green
We stunk… we blocked bad… we were terrible on defense and our kicking game made up for it by being absolutely horrible; I saw nothing that delighted me, though we ran on the field fairly well.
John McKay
Football Sports After a bad game
I’ll probably take a little time off and go hide somewhere. We will be back. Maybe not this century, but we will be back.
John McKay
Football Sports After a bad season
There aren't many secrets in coaching…. well, there's one secret: Get a guy like Warrick Dunn, throw him a screen pass and watch him run 52 yards with it.
John McKay
Football Sports Coaching
Statistics and records are baseball talk; they keep records like most times sliding into second base on a Tuesday.
John McKay
Baseball Football Sports Records Statistics
Opening games make me nervous; to tell the truth, I’d rather open with our second game.
John McKay
Football Misspokements Sports
The (orange) uniforms were already picked out by the time I got here. I didn't give it too much thought until I saw our buses and I said, `My God, we're dressed just like that bus.'
John McKay
Appearance Clothing Football Sports On the Bucs’ uniforms
It does not take a rocket scientist to coach a professional football team, but, of course, I was one of the few who happened to be a rocket scientist.
John McKay
Football Intelligence People Self Sports
If a contest had 97 prizes, the 98th would be a trip to Green Bay.
John McKay
Football Sports On playing in Green Bay Wisconsin
You usually wind up staying up all night, or until your best player comes in.
John McKay
Football Sports On why he rarely had bed checks
As a person gets older he doesn't get faster. Our quarterback will run from fright or lack of protection.
John McKay
Football Sports On the importance of an older quarterback's mobility
The only problem with doing the impossible is that everybody expects you to duplicate the impossible.
John McKay
Football Sports
You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is “no.”
John McKay
Football Religion Sports On how coaching an expansion team is a religious experience
Everyone is unhappy at times, even my wife. Only she doesn't get interviewed about it.
John McKay
Football Sports On players who were complaining to the press

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Someone posted last week that they thought his kicking was off! I just joked that it was all the kicks he had to do last week! May have been something more to it!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
John McCay, good call on that one.

john-mckay.jpg

http://www.just-one-liners.com/ppl/john-mckay

Author: John McKay

You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedes-Benz.
John McKay
Football Sports To the media after a game [the previous week he had said ‘You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas.’ and a case of bananas was left at his door]
You draw Xs and Os on a blackboard and that's not so difficult… I can even do it with my left hand.
John McKay
Football Sports
It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us.
John McKay
Football Sports After Harry Carson intercepted a pass
He is not in a union; he can carry the ball as many times as we want him to… anyway, the ball doesn't weigh that much.
John McKay
Football Sports On O.J. Simpson carrying the ball 47 times in a USC
When I was duck hunting with Bear Bryant, he shot at one but it kept flying.
"John," he said, "There flies a dead duck…"
Now, that's confidence.

John McKay
Football Sports Bear Bryant Confidence
It’s shattering when a player loses interest in camp. When you lose your interest in standing around eating steaks you lose everything.
John McKay
Football Sports On training camp
He's not twins.
John McKay
Football Sports On the weaknesses of All-star linebacker Hugh Green
We stunk… we blocked bad… we were terrible on defense and our kicking game made up for it by being absolutely horrible; I saw nothing that delighted me, though we ran on the field fairly well.
John McKay
Football Sports After a bad game
I’ll probably take a little time off and go hide somewhere. We will be back. Maybe not this century, but we will be back.
John McKay
Football Sports After a bad season
There aren't many secrets in coaching…. well, there's one secret: Get a guy like Warrick Dunn, throw him a screen pass and watch him run 52 yards with it.
John McKay
Football Sports Coaching
Statistics and records are baseball talk; they keep records like most times sliding into second base on a Tuesday.
John McKay
Baseball Football Sports Records Statistics
Opening games make me nervous; to tell the truth, I’d rather open with our second game.
John McKay
Football Misspokements Sports
The (orange) uniforms were already picked out by the time I got here. I didn't give it too much thought until I saw our buses and I said, `My God, we're dressed just like that bus.'
John McKay
Appearance Clothing Football Sports On the Bucs’ uniforms
It does not take a rocket scientist to coach a professional football team, but, of course, I was one of the few who happened to be a rocket scientist.
John McKay
Football Intelligence People Self Sports
If a contest had 97 prizes, the 98th would be a trip to Green Bay.
John McKay
Football Sports On playing in Green Bay Wisconsin
You usually wind up staying up all night, or until your best player comes in.
John McKay
Football Sports On why he rarely had bed checks
As a person gets older he doesn't get faster. Our quarterback will run from fright or lack of protection.
John McKay
Football Sports On the importance of an older quarterback's mobility
The only problem with doing the impossible is that everybody expects you to duplicate the impossible.
John McKay
Football Sports
You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is “no.”
John McKay
Football Religion Sports On how coaching an expansion team is a religious experience
Everyone is unhappy at times, even my wife. Only she doesn't get interviewed about it.
John McKay
Football Sports On players who were complaining to the press
Here's some more with some duplication:

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/the-wit-of-john-mckay-34909

The wit of John McKay
By Joey Johnston | Tribune Staff
Published: June 17, 2010 | Updated: March 21, 2013 at 05:09 AM
John McKay, the first head coach in Buccaneers history, will be inducted into the team's Ring of Honor during the 2010 season. Never one to offer a cliche, he could be sarcastic, wry, flippant or downright hilarious - but never boring. Here are some of McKay's notable quotes:

On Bucs place-kicker Pete Rajecki, who said he became nervous when McKay watched him kick: "Please inform Mr. Rajecki that I plan to attend all games."

On player introductions prior to the Bucs' first exhibition game, a 26-3 loss against the Los Angeles Rams: "Our first guy on the field limped noticeably. The second was almost winded by the time he made it to the bench. And the third came out so slow I thought we'd get a delay of game penalty. If it had been a league game, it would have been 100-0."

On the Bucs' winless streak in 1976: "Like the fans, I figured at the start of the season we would go 14-0. Then we had the first kickoff and didn't score and I said, 'Well, I'll be damned.' Just give us time, we'll win. I don't know when. I hope it's in this century."

On what he thought of his team's execution: "I'm in favor of it."

Addressing his players after an uninspiring effort: "Anyone who needs a shower, take one."

After another uninspiring effort: "We didn't tackle well today. But we made up for it by not blocking."

Asked where he stood on an upcoming game at Pittsburgh: "With Custer."

After being told his teams didn't play with emotion: "Emotion is overrated. My wife is very emotional. She can't play worth a damn."

On ending the franchise's 26-game losing streak by beating New Orleans in 1977: "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

On rookie quarterback Doug Williams suffering a broken jaw after a late above-the-shoulders blow from Los Angeles Rams defensive end Fred Dryer in 1978: "There was no penalty called on the play. So Doug must have bit himself on the lip and broke his jaw."

On a game-winning 27-yard field goal by Bill Capece, who kept alive the Bucs' playoff hopes in 1982: "Capece's kick? No, I've never seen anything that gutty. Oh, once in World War II, I saw a guy pull nine people out of an airplane. Besides that, it was the most courageous thing I've ever seen."

On the Bucs' change to red-and-pewter uniforms in 1997: "If the new uniforms are helping the Bucs win, I hope next year they change again. Really, I think you can play in overalls if you win."

Joey Johnston