Greg Williams talks Rams D

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could someone summarize? My phone wouldn't play the video. Thanks!
We may worry about who's going to step into certain roles but GW has a plan and his plan will work. Oh and the team is fast.

He loves Joyner.

He Loves Barron and Tree.

He said Coples is good but has a ways to go to be on pace with the DLine room.

Sensabaugh is familiar with him and good.

The D is fast.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could someone summarize? My phone wouldn't play the video. Thanks!
stop_penis_erect_archer-gap.jpg

Basically this

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
We may worry about who's going to step into certain roles but GW has a plan and his plan will work. Oh and the team is fast.

He loves Joyner.

He Loves Barron and Tree.

He said Coples is good but has a ways to go to be on pace with the DLine room.

Sensabaugh is familiar with him and good.

The D is fast.
Must...find...superior...device...to see report.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I think I just found my new all time favorite NFL coach.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Man, where would the Rams be without GW and his D the last 3 years? What would it have been like to watch Rams football with a bad or even average defense instead...with guys like Kellen Clemens, Sean Hill, Austin Davis and Nick Foles out there offensively going 3 and out?
200.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
WOW...That is all I can post...Thank you @CGI_Ram Gregg Williams is one hell of a football coach and I'm sure glad he's on our side. Breaking it down and all the crap I have given the Rams over the years for drafting Joyner, oh well, Williams loves him and that's all that matters.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
WOW...That is all I can post...Thank you @CGI_Ram Gregg Williams is one hell of a football coach and I'm sure glad he's on our side. Breaking it down and all the crap I have given the Rams over the years for drafting Joyner, oh well, Williams loves him and that's all that matters.
When the pick was made, I was afraid of Tye Hill 2.0, but Joyner couldn't be further from that guy.
He's a smart guy, says all the right things and doesn't shy away from contact at all. I'very been a big fan since that first camp and seeing him continue to improve has been great.

I'm sure that he could be a Mathieu kinda player if they moved him to a Safety role, but I still think it's kinda awesome seeing him blast off the line on a CB blitz too. Here's to hoping for continued development as a nickel corner.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Man, where would the Rams be without GW and his D the last 3 years? What would it have been like to watch Rams football with a bad or even average defense instead...

Too much talent for that. The Rams drafted nine defensive starters in the first three rounds between 2008-2014. Others have pointed out the similarity between that and how the Ravens put together their defense in the 00s.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Awesome.
Williams is confident but he doesn't blow smoke. If he says a player is looking great, I believe him.

Fisher is the balls. He doesnt have an insecure bone in his body and isnt afraid of having a bunch of alpha-males around. I mean the guy made his way as a hardnosed defensive coach and he isnt afraid of Gregg Williams being the best hardnosed defensive coach on the team. He isnt afraid to fill his locker room with guys with strong personalities or guys who lead. I think that's where Fisher and Williams really see eye to eye and why some players are able to excel on his teams after not fitting in elsewhere. I don't think Chip Kelly for instance wants a room full of alphas. Spagnuolo definitely did not.
Everybody in that organization points to Jeff Fisher when praise is being passed around.
The guy isn't afraid to run any play at any time. He isn't afraid of drafting guys like Joyner or Austin. He isn't afraid to draft an openly gay player or to go get Goff.
Jeff Fisher is the big hairy swingin' balls on this team.

If Goff can realize his NFL potential, Fishers career arc and winning percentage will prove to show a long and successful NFL career by any relevant standard.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Ive said it in other posts, don't sleep on Mo to start at SS. Williams clearly feels the same way because he has really stepped his game. TJ and Mo's combine numbers are almost identical, they both profile as elite athletes, but TJ had a huge advantage in the experience department since he has practically played the position since birth and Mo only had one hurt year at DB in college. At the least Mo will get significant snaps in Barron's former big nickel role.

If it ends up being TJ and Mo at safety, we probably want our more experienced guy playing FS since they would make all the coverage calls

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
guys like Kellen Clemens, Sean Hill, Austin Davis and Nick Foles out there offensively
Just stop it....man, I had already forgotten Sean Hill.....

If it ends up being TJ and Mo at safety, we probably want our more experienced guy playing FS since they would make all the coverage calls
I think Greg has the SS make calls.

Overall impression, Williams is a football genius...Confident in his system & players....Dude has that swag...and sounds like a really good teacher. I didn't catch the name of the player that is making all the checks...Greg was talking about him first in this interview....But I'm assuming it was Ogletree. I definitely would want him mentioning my name if I was a defender...So Mo, Joyner, Tree, Davis, and Hagar...Hell, that dude outta Kentucky too...all should feel pretty good about the work they put in during this camp. Coples too...Best listen I've had....
Feed me moar!!!!!!

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I would not mind us giving this guy a second chance with a head coaching position of Fisher doesn't pan out.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Williams is one of the best in the business. And he won't be going anywhere as long as Fish is coach. The bounty gate thing will prevent him from being considered for head coaching gigs. Bad for him but good for us. Stan needs to make sure he's compensated for his contribution

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
You guys have been spending way too much time watching camp reports and paying attention to coaches and players on the Rams.

You need to spend more time watching ESPN sages. Read some bleacher report predictions. That'll set you straight.

This is a talentless roster, with an overrated coach, a defense that was gutted in the off-season, Greg Williams should be in prison, and Gurley is the only thing we have on offense. The O-line is crap, zero receivers, and a rookie quarterback...

:rant:...that weighs about a buck fiddy!....and he has stumpy hands!

This is a 4-5 win team. The Seahawks and Cardinals are intimidating world beaters, and we just got lucky last year.