Greg Salas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

what the hell happened to this guy?

had a good rookie year cut short by injury but looked like a keeper.

comes back, doesn''t impress fisher. gets cut, signed by the patriots. gets cut by the patriots during the season, haven''t heard his name again.

it''s not like he can''t play. we all saw what he could do on the field. baffling.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think we all knew it'd end up being him or Pettis on our roster. I think he'll probably bounce around and might find a good gig somewhere.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Yeah I wonder what happened to him too. Honestly, I thought it was better than Pettis. I think since Salas was injured his rookie season, that went against him for a chance to compete for a roster spot. I thought he was last with the Eagles??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's with Philly now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I really thought he was going to have a break out second year.

He had a special place with me since he went to the University of Hawaii.

Bummer

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think his leg wasn't 100% yet when he was in camp as in the fact it was healed but didn't have the strength he did before the injury.
He looked heavier and slower.
I thought he had a bright future and he still might.
But did he look so good because after DA got hurt the rest of the WR's look so bad?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I was never high on him. He was shit at the start of the year, put like 3 decent games in and then was injured. Came back to camp heavier and the failed to stick with us or the Pats. I always saw Pettis as the more attractive option, I wasn't shocked they kept him. The way he catches I think is better. I think in a down year so many people saw a few flashes and just wanted to believe.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bluecoconuts said:
I was never high on him. He was shyte at the start of the year, put like 3 decent games in and then was injured. Came back to camp heavier and the failed to stick with us or the Pats. I always saw Pettis as the more attractive option, I wasn't shocked they kept him. The way he catches I think is better. I think in a down year so many people saw a few flashes and just wanted to believe.

Like the OP and others; I'm sort of surprised Salas hasn't stuck.

But I agree with your comments bc. Pettis had a SOLID rep coming out of college with his hands. While his rookie year was shaky, his sophomore year showed those hands.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Salas is my one glaring miss at the WR position. The name still haunts me to this day. :lol:

Prior to Greg, I had not missed on any WR that I pounded the table for. Those guys included DeMaryius Thomas, Torrey Smith, Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery(remains to be seen), T.Y. Hilton, etc. I was sold that Salas was ready to break out in 2012 for us...and then...boom...cut. Bruised my ego. :ww:

duckhunter

Starter
I called him a reach. That didn't go over well. But I rooted for him.

I missed with Gilyard because I thought he would be a good return man and be able to learn receiver.