Greg Robinson slims down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Jim Thomas @jthom1
LT Greg Robinson, coming off offseason toe surgery, is a svelte 319 _ about 20 pounds lighter than last season. Wants to improve quickness.

He was already pretty quick, hope he didnt lose any of his power.

Could part of the reason be because of the zone blocking schemes we will incorporate?

FRO

Legend
Jim Thomas @jthom1
LT Greg Robinson, coming off offseason toe surgery, is a svelte 319 _ about 20 pounds lighter than last season. Wants to improve quickness.

He was already pretty quick, hope he didnt lose any of his power.

Could part of the reason be because of the zone blocking schemes we will incorporate?
Better not be incorporating zone blocking schemes. The guys we drafted would be horrible fits in a zone. I don't think Robinson was sluggish at all. I just think he needed to improve mentally. The allure of his game was his power. Hope the weight loss doesn't effect that negatively.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
More likely that pinky toe Tron....

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around, does it make a sound? If a 350 lb man loses 20 lbs, does anyone notice?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Truthfully, a little less weight might be good for his body.

He's still a big man.

jjab360

Legend
I like it. Still really good size for an OL and I think his immense power comes from his speed and explosiveness as evidenced by his measurables so I think this will only help in that regard.

FRO

Legend
image.jpg

RamBill

Legend
Greg Robinson: The Weight Loss Will Help Me Be Quicker

Watch Greg Robinson speak to the media about coming back from offseason surgery and progressing with the new offense. He says switching from OG to OT was very challenging last season.

Watch Robinson Interview

Firecap

UDFA
Name
Firecap
More likely that pinky toe Tron....

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around, does it make a sound? If a 350 lb man loses 20 lbs, does anyone notice?

It's like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He was already freakish at his old weight. Now he's going to be unreal.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
In the NFL its almost the same process OL go thru with or without a toe surgery and recovery. A new NFL weight training and total body realignment is now done in the new NFL. Belly fat is addressed and lost initially while adding what bulk with wieght training does'nt impede the players speed and add's the max power of punch and upper body strength along with making sure the player is balanced with lower body strength with a great base if it has'nt been developed yet.

New and different training techniques unless your playing at an Iowa which tries to stay NFL cutting edge for OL. Thats why some Iowa OL grads are thought to have a very low ceiling. Of course Rob havenstein has had already a major weight loss on his belly and I'm sure the Rams want to move some things around on His and Browns body to help make them so much more healthy and add endurance and strength to both. Not to mention Wichman and his body type. The training table now that your life is what you eat will become more consistent and different and changes made scientifically as sports science is a whole brand new ballgame in the NFL.

I don't think we'll recognize either OLman in two years of dedicated work. Tear down the bad then rebuild the NFL RAMS way. Hey I'd love what the staff will have for them to eat daily especially in the protien department. We just have to trust they don't cheat when on their own. I truly believe both our supposed starting rookies can add some major upper body strength and developement after studying them and checking them out recently. Its gonna be an interesting year and wonder if Blaylock and Reynold's playing time might not be in the final cards. Right now these two better live and breathe and absorb every last detail they can to stay starters for the Rams. It will be anything but easy. Glad they are true smart OL that are true lunchpail guys that don't give up their spots without a major fight. No injuries please. Go Rams!

Now you know G. Rob will add 10lbs of muscle weight at least as he will lose that over the length or duration of a 16+ game season. He should be making hay while he sits out in the OTA's before things crank up Bigtime. Stay healthy big fella and good luck with the speed rushers on Foles' blindside.

iced

Better not be incorporating zone blocking schemes. The guys we drafted would be horrible fits in a zone. I don't think Robinson was sluggish at all. I just think he needed to improve mentally. The allure of his game was his power. Hope the weight loss doesn't effect that negatively.

they've already mentioned some zone schemes will be incorporated

i'm happy for the mix - a lot of teams, particularly the shanahan oriented, have shown the effectiveness zone can have

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
they've already mentioned some zone schemes will be incorporated

i'm happy for the mix - a lot of teams, particularly the shanahan oriented, have shown the effectiveness zone can have
If it leads to more points, I'm in!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Might have been a good ideal to attempt to get quicker on his pass blocking. First playing OLG like he did @ 332 plus pounds was a non issue but some of those speeders did beat him @ OLT. Greg knows if he is quick enough to latch onto then he has won the battle...issue is being quick enough to get his hands on them.

Rodger Saffold was just under 6-5 311 pounds when he arrived here to start @ OLT but as he continue to work out hard he was just naturally a bigger man was over 335 pounds last yr. Hard to play OLT at that size. No telling how much power Rodger has lost since the surgery. But his history has been good in his recoveries.

Guess our left side could be lighter this season

Memphis Ram

Legend

Actually, the guys the team drafted did quite a bit of zone blocking in college.

IMO, the draft gave them the best of both worlds with kids giving the team the capability to go power and zone.

Last edited: