Greg Robinson on the bench to start the season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
All the talk about Brian Quick vs Stephen Hill just shows it. Starting day 1 does not a good player make. Bear in mind that the Jets released Stephen Hill and retained Greg Salas!! GRob is going to be a beast - but we're in a solid position at Guard given that we've got Saffold and a previous pro-bowler in Joseph for him to compete with! Perhaps the staff threw a bit too much at him too early with him having to learn/play 2 positions as a rookie coming into camp - but I'm not worried about him.

Big Willie

Starter
No worries. G Rob will be ready when Saffold gets hurt. It's good to finally have some big time depth on the OL as well as DL.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
You guys are overreacting. People need to stop reading into everything so much. No statement from anyone has said he won't be starting. It's all speculation.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Some posters need to give coach Boudreau and Fisher a little more credit. First off, as has been pointed out, They haven't said who is and isn't starting. Others say they should have played him at guard only. MAYBE that was their plan all along-get grob enough snaps at both positions to be quality depth at both? Inevitably he will be needed. Also im positive Boudreau will put the best combnation of five capable of playing the positions-not based on their draft positions.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Personally I think it's a good thing that we can keep the number 2 pick (and he wasn't just the Rams choice at 2) on the bench - just goes to show how strong our O-line is this year. He will see reps, and I hope not because of injury to any other Ram. Lets just get the best 5 on the field at any one time, if GR sits and Joseph plays against the Vikings, then so be it - he may be the one best suited for that game - if we have depth the coaches can look at which combinations of guys will work best against which teams, also, if our o-line is interchangeable, and still performing well, it'll be a nightmare for opposition D's to prepare for us, I mean which combination of player are you going to be facing this week, this quarter, this down!

Keep the faith people ;)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know it's been said but it bears repeating .... Quinn was inactive for the first game of his rookie season, he is now the best player in the league. It's not a sprint, it's a process. The finished product is what matters.