Greg Robinson Is A Beast.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I still like Allen Robinson better than Benjamin.

I haven't yet evaluated Robinson. Have seen him play but I haven't watched the minimum number of games to formulate an opinion.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't yet evaluated Robinson. Have seen him play but I haven't watched the minimum number of games to formulate an opinion.

My son went to PSU. He said Robinson is rare in terms of smarts. I like smart WRs. They rarely bust.

Alan

Legend
max with an understatement:
They will do their due diligence on him. But there are a lot of really good OTs in this draft, no need to push it with Lewan.

I've been saying it for a while now, Fisher has got to come out of this draft with a blue chip OT. I don't trust Long to start the year OR to finish it. And I even if we sign Saffold, I don't trust him to stay healthy at OT either.

I agree max. For once the term vital is appropriate. We simply cannot afford to have another Jason Smith. I'm not locked into any of them but I expect Boudreau to look at the tape and make the right decision.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After thinking it over some, I still have some concerns about Robinson as a LT but I'll say this. I'd draft the kid in the top 10 just to put him at OG and keep him there. He's a devastating run blocker with the athleticism to do significant damage on the second level and an extremely strong anchor in the passing game. My concern is over his technique, kick slide and assignment soundness on the edge. But at OG, those aren't issues.

However, if we're taking an OL that we want to eventually play LT. Matthews is my guy. If we're taking a guy to plug in at OG and keep him there, give me Robinson. That guy could be a Steve Hutchinson or even Larry Allen type OG. And I don't hand out those type of compliments often.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
After thinking it over some, I still have some concerns about Robinson as a LT but I'll say this. I'd draft the kid in the top 10 just to put him at OG and keep him there. He's a devastating run blocker with the athleticism to do significant damage on the second level and an extremely strong anchor in the passing game. My concern is over his technique, kick slide and assignment soundness on the edge. But at OG, those aren't issues.

However, if we're taking an OL that we want to eventually play LT. Matthews is my guy. If we're taking a guy to plug in at OG and keep him there, give me Robinson. That guy could be a Steve Hutchinson or even Larry Allen type OG. And I don't hand out those type of compliments often.

Have you taken a look at any of the guards this year? I'm not seeing any first rounders. Some good run blockers though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have you taken a look at any of the guards this year? I'm not seeing any first rounders. Some good run blockers though.

I would agree with you. The first rounders I see at OG would be converted tackles like Matthews, Robinson or Ogbuehi.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would have like to see Greg Robinson going up against some good sized outside 43 rushing DE's...what we saw was he constantly moving or planting his 34 Nole DT who was a outstanding player himself. Greg did get some late pass rushes from the outside and handled them well but many times there were from the Noles small sized Lbers. But none gave him any issues.

I say that He is my #2 OT in this upcoming draft. Robinson is does not waste any movement he moves & takes out what he wants. Not all that quick a foot but he still wins the battles. Greg can run & has some speed quick enough feet. What I like about what I have seen is his perfect positioning on almost every play he never gets outside of himself...reminds me of one of those large bull cape buffalo's taking down a lion... head down ramming his opponent into the ground...by the way that's where they usually land with Robinson on top Opponent Neutralized!

The 6-5 320 pound Greg Robinson could be plugged in to fill for Jake Long @ OLT until he was 100% by the bye . At which time GR could be shifted inside to dominate @ the OLG post next to Jake. He would be an instant power house OLG. Once GR gets a NFL under his belt The Rams could move Jake use his top run blocking power better on the right side when Barksdale departs for UFA @ the end of 2014 season.

I believe GR will be gone by #13 pick. Atlanta/TB/Oak/Detroit/NYG could be fast landing spots for GR.So the Rams could do two short trade downs pick up extra second day picks and get GR. Jake Matthews OT should go first.

Alan

Legend
We need to draft an OT with our first pick IMO. hopefully that will be between 4-8.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Yup. Let Snead pick his favorite.

If Fisher and Snead simply cannot agree who to take with a pick, who gets the final say? Snead cus he's the GM or Fisher cus him and his staff have got to work with whoever they choose?

Alan

Legend
LumberTubs questioning the hierarchy:
If Fisher and Snead simply cannot agree who to take with a pick, who gets the final say? Snead cus he's the GM or Fisher cus him and his staff have got to work with whoever they choose?
It should be the GM but in this case I bet it's Fisher.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher, apparently. Snead puts together the big board, but ultimately Fisher makes the final decision. That's what I was able to ascertain when reading everything Michael Silver said about his time in the war room with them anyway. Evidently he does try to get a consensus from the rest of the staff (scouts, execs, GM, coaches, etc) before actually submitting the pick to the commish though.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We know Fisher wanted Jenkins.

I wonder how much he wanted Quick and Pead?

laramsoriginal

Starter
If we're looking for a started Guard then wait towards the end the the first to take a guy like Richardson from baylor.
I am not sold on the Tackle from Auburn. He will be a top 10 pick based on potential rather than performance. We cannot afford to select another dud at Tackle with a high draft pick.

At least we all agree that the Rams must select 2 OL high in the draft who are able to start.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We know Fisher wanted Jenkins.

I wonder how much he wanted Quick and Pead?
Also from Silver:

By the time Appalachian State wideout Brian Quick had finished his exceptional half-hour workout, Fisher and the others in attendance – general manager Les Snead, chief operating officer Kevin Demoff, assistant coaches Brian Schottenheimer and Ray Sherman and backup quarterbacks Kellen Clemens and Tom Brandstater – no longer felt as desperate to acquire the top-rated receiver on their draft board, Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon.

The Rams waited approximately two seconds before bringing Quick into the fold, as Snead called the wideout and handed the phone to Fisher. "Let's get this rolling," Fisher said, smiling, while Snead instructed a team employee to "turn in the card."

"He's a tall, athletic, talented receiver," Fisher said. "He's got great speed and impressive ball skills. He might not be a big name, but we believe he'll do some big things for us."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Excellent news with Greg Robinson declaring! More and more solid options!

Ramzee planted the seed recently this guy will go high in the draft.