Greg Robinson Is A Beast.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Did you see him on that TD?

He buried that DB.

jjab360

Legend
If you pay close attention, he buries somebody on almost every run play, sometimes even multiple players or an entire side of a field. He's a one man wrecking crew and I want him on my team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He can run block for sure. Edwards knocked him back on one play...first time I've seen that happen. But I still have my concerns about him in pass protection and his assignment soundness. I'm more concerned about how assignment sound he is though.

But definitely a top 8 pick.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
GR’s ceiling is very high. He can play RT for us now then move to LT when Jake fades.

0ap2000000310035.jpg

Dave Martin / Associated Press
Auburn left tackle Greg Robinson received a first-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- J.B. Grimes has been an offensive line coach for more than 30 years, but he has special praise for Auburn left tackle Greg Robinson.

"I've not had one like him," Grimes said. "I've had some really, really good players, probably coached somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 guys that have gone on to either play in the NFL or at least gotten into camps, but I've never had one with the skill set he has got."

Underclassmen tracker
0ap2000000294657.jpg
NFL.com's College Football 24/7 is tracking reports of the intentions of college football underclassmen in anticipation for the 2014NFL Draft. More ...
In just his second season of college action, Robinson (6-foot-5, 320 pounds) is now regarded as a high first-round draft pick by one NFL scout and received a first-round grade from the draft advisory board. Grimes went one step further, saying last month that Robinson could be the top pick in the 2015 draft.

But even Grimes now seemingly concedes Robinson might not be long for the Tigers when discussing the one weakness in his star lineman's game.

"We've got his feet where they need to be, we've got his body position where it needs to be as far as his pad level. He's really fundamentally with his feet pretty good, but we have not got his hands where I want them yet," Grimes said. "And if there is one thing we have got to fix -- if I had a chance to do that -- it would definitely be his hands, especially in pass protection."

In the Auburn run-based spread offense, however, Robinson is simply able to overpower opponents. Florida State defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan noted Robinson's impressive ability to "almost wipe out the whole defensive line." Grimes went one step further.

College Football 24/7 Hot Topics:
» 24 prospects to watch in BCS title game
» Cam Newton pranked with FSU sweatshirt
» Debate: Who will win BCS title game?
» Brooks: Bridgewater crown jewel of draft
"Everyone can see the tape," Grimes said. "He can get movement on the Berlin Wall, as far as the running game is concerned, but they haven't seen his pure athleticism yet."

Grimes then listed off the impressive feats of athleticism Robinson is capable of: a 30-inch vertical jump, a 4.9 40-yard dash, bench-pressing nearly 500 pounds and squatting 650 pounds.

Add it all up, and Robinson could conceivably end up as the top tackle in a loaded crop. After only one season, he is already one of Grimes' top pupils.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Tre Mason would be a very nice compliment to Stacy. Then again, I guess Robinson would too.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He can run block for sure. Edwards knocked him back on one play...first time I've seen that happen. But I still have my concerns about him in pass protection and his assignment soundness. I'm more concerned about how assignment sound he is though.

But definitely a top 8 pick.
The only thing that I want to see is his pass blocking from an edge rusher..his blocks inside & to the right are outstanding however what I have not seen is much to his left. But boy can he seal an edge. A stone wall!

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only thing that I want to see is his pass blocking from an edge rusher..his blocks inside & to the right are outstanding however what I have not see is much to his left. But boy can he seal an edge. A stone wall!

I've seen him get beat around the corner this year...so I agree, need to see more of that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I've seen him get beat around the corner this year...so I agree, need to see more of that.

Robinson also works real well with his OLG while observing Greg I have had a chance to notice his partner whom ever he is...he is real good too.

On the flip side DB Joyner has been silent after his mistake.

Jeff fishers son Trent is a safety for Auburn. I'm sure he knows what Robinson is capable of :D would be a solid pick at 13

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lewan is a safer pick at OT.

Disagree. Lewan is the same type of player with a lot less talent and bend imo. Plus, the kid is a turd from what I've heard. These things definitely don't speak well of his character:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lor-lewan-questioned-alleged-assault/4199589/
Munsch alleges Lewan punched his friend, who called 911. Munsch said Lewan then punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground, where he was kicked by another person. After that, he said, Lewan punched him in the ribs.

Munsch, who was taken to a hospital after the assault, said he identified Lewan to police at the scene as the man who punched him, but he didn't recognize who he was at the time.
http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4...football-player-brendan-gibbons-for-rape.html
Shortly after the woman reported the rape, she began to receive threats from Gibbons roommate and fellow football player, Taylor Lewan (now an All-American), that he would rape her again if she pressed charges against Gibbons.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 with bad news on Lewan:
Disagree. Lewan is the same type of player with a lot less talent and bend imo. Plus, the kid is a turd from what I've heard. These things definitely don't speak well of his character:

We have no clue whether these stories are true but if they are I don't want him in horns. I doubt we'll ever know the truth though.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
We have no clue whether these stories are true but if they are I don't want him in horns. I doubt we'll ever know the truth though.

They will do their due diligence on him. But there are a lot of really good OTs in this draft, no need to push it with Lewan.

I've been saying it for a while now, Fisher has got to come out of this draft with a blue chip OT. I don't trust Long to start the year OR to finish it. And I even if we sign Saffold, I don't trust him to stay healthy at OT either.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They will do their due diligence on him. But there are a lot of really good OTs in this draft, no need to push it with Lewan.

I've been saying it for a while now, Fisher has got to come out of this draft with a blue chip OT. I don't trust Long to start the year OR to finish it. And I even if we sign Saffold, I don't trust him to stay healthy at OT either.

For me, Jake Matthews and Greg Robinson can both be that guy. After them, there's nobody I like until Cedric Ogbuehi. I am not a fan of Koundjio or Lewan. And I was unimpressed by Erving in the NCG.

I'll tell you, that sophomore at Stanford...Andrus Peat...I think that kid is the real deal. Too bad he's not eligible. Same with Amari Cooper.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
For me, Jake Matthews and Greg Robinson can both be that guy. After them, there's nobody I like until Cedric Ogbuehi. I am not a fan of Koundjio or Lewan. And I was unimpressed by Erving in the NCG.

I'll tell you, that sophomore at Stanford...Andrus Peat...I think that kid is the real deal. Too bad he's not eligible. Same with Amari Cooper.

Yup. I won't be happy if we don't get one of those 2 guys.

I haven't seen Peat and Cooper play. I'll look for them next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup. I won't be happy if we don't get one of those 2 guys.

I haven't seen Peat and Cooper play. I'll look for them next year.

Peat is a massive kid(6'6" 312) with great feet that can run block. He'll be a MAJOR prospect.

Cooper is Alabama's top WR. Kid is a lot like Sammy Watkins but he's not quite as fast(but still darn fast), however, he's a better runner after the catch and can really go up and get the football. He had 1000+ yards and 11 TDs as a true freshman. He had a down year this year due to injuries but finished on a strong note. He's a lot like Julio Jones but a couple inches shorter.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Peat is a massive kid(6'6" 312) with great feet that can run block. He'll be a MAJOR prospect.

Cooper is Alabama's top WR. Kid is a lot like Sammy Watkins but he's not quite as fast(but still darn fast), however, he's a better runner after the catch and can really go up and get the football. He had 1000+ yards and 11 TDs as a true freshman. He had a down year this year due to injuries but finished on a strong note. He's a lot like Julio Jones but a couple inches shorter.

So, what did you think of Benjamin last night?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, what did you think of Benjamin last night?

Thought it was a pretty typical night from him. Dropped a pass he should have caught but made up for it with some big plays. Still think he should use his body and strength better. He's a high risk/high reward type pick. A lot of athleticism, has the potential to be a major deep threat and red-zone threat but he's not there yet. You're going to have to make projections on his skill-set which is always risky. But there's no doubting his talent.

I still like Evans better. Think Evans is more natural but Benjamin's a little more athletic.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thought it was a pretty typical night from him. Dropped a pass he should have caught but made up for it with some big plays. Still think he should use his body and strength better. He's a high risk/high reward type pick. A lot of athleticism, has the potential to be a major deep threat and red-zone threat but he's not there yet. You're going to have to make projections on his skill-set which is always risky. But there's no doubting his talent.

I still like Evans better. Think Evans is more natural but Benjamin's a little more athletic.

I think I still like Allen Robinson better than Benjamin.