Greg Robinson has double duty on the line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Report says Saffold injured the same shoulder as last time. Probably the same injury the Raiders felt nervous about. I wonder why didn't he have surgery in the off-season?

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Report says Saffold injured the same shoulder as last time. Probably the same injury the Raiders felt nervous about. I wonder why didn't he have surgery in the off-season?
The Rams had him checked out and said surgery wasn't needed. Hopefully he last 16 games. But I'm bot believing he will. Him or Long. Hope in for the best

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Rams had him checked out and said surgery wasn't needed. Hopefully he last 16 games. But I'm bot believing he will. Him or Long. Hope in for the best
My question really is, don't they hold some sort of exit interview/examination? And would they say, hey we know you're gonna be a FA, and surgery now may hurt your salary, but you should really get that shoulder fixed. Or could he just say I'm fine Doc, I can still bench 500 lbs, it feels good don't worry about it.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My question really is, don't they hold some sort of exit interview/examination? And would they say, hey we know you're gonna be a FA, and surgery now may hurt your salary, but you should really get that shoulder fixed. Or could he just say I'm fine Doc, I can still bench 500 lbs, it feels good don't worry about it.
If he would have gotten surgery he probably would be out most of season. Just hope it doesn't flare back up. The injury goes back to when he was in high school

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

All I can say is those dislocated shoulder operations are one big nasty hurt event ! Sometime they have to grind bone in several spots even remove some stuff to get all the out of line junk back into some smooth operating order. So many large muscle groups tie into that shoulder joint. I have had two of them due off of one injury event. The recovery from those operations are long time events. Playing with a weakened shoulder area is not a good ideal. So much more can be damaged. Just raising your arm upward straight out can cause terrible pain. If that shoulder continues to cause him issues & keeps him from the field it means he has damage in there & they will need to go in and see whats up...I would expect that he will have that surgery very fast & placed on the IR as to get him ready for next season ASAP! Lets all hope that left shoulder will hold up!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
All I can say is those dislocated shoulder operations are one big nasty hurt event ! Sometime they have to grind bone in several spots even remove some stuff to get all the out of line junk back into some smooth operating order. So many large muscle groups tie into that shoulder joint. I have had two of them due off of one injury event. The recovery from those operations are long time events. Playing with a weakened shoulder area is not a good ideal. So much more can be damaged. Just raising your arm upward straight out can cause terrible pain. If that shoulder continues to cause him issues & keeps him from the field it means he has damage in there & they will need to go in and see whats up...I would expect that he will have that surgery very fast & placed on the IR as to get him ready for next season ASAP! Lets all hope that left shoulder will hold up!
thanks for the reply...I've seen a post-surgical shoulder surgery...not a nice thing...they usually recommend rehab b4 surgery. but if he needed surgery, he shoulda had the procedure done last year...